BexandAlan

Two Receipt Numbers

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone

I was hoping to tap into some of your expertise please. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced or read about a similar experience and how they dealt with it.

Alan and I filed at the beginning of the month and got our NOA1 issued the same day as they received it. Unfortunately the hard copy arrived in the mail the same day as our whole package did - it was returned with an RFE for including the wrong payment amount. A school boy error I know but it happened. We returned the packet with a new cheque for the right amount and they got it a few days later. All solved right?!?!

Here is where it gets tricky.

They then issued us with a new NOA1 with and a different receipt number to the first one. I have both of them on the USCIS website and they both show up as case received and pending, the first one hasn't been updated since the day after it was received - the day the RFE was issued it doesn't however show RFE status on the file. The second one shows a touch the day before the payment cleared so I'm guessing that is the one to go off but I'm just a little concerned about the other case number still being in their system.

Alan called the customer service line and spoke to a supervisor who didn't know very much about this type of situation and suggested it didn't happen very often?!?!? Has anyone else received two receipt numbers and did it cause any problems? They said the best thing for Alan to do would be to make an info pass but I don't want him to have to take half a day off work and drive for hours if its nothing too important. I'd really appreciate if anyone could shed some light on this for us. Its one of those things I would feel much happier about if it was resolved.

Thanx for your time

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Going out on a limb here, but I would think sending your entire package back was not actually supposed to be an RFE but a rejection instead. I would imagine the second 'NOA' (and new receipt number) is your true receipt number. :thumbs:

Did you include the RFE notice (and follow all other instructions) when returning the documents?

Thanx for your reply, I think your right too. I just don't want any complications because of their administration errors. Is there anyone out there who has experienced anything like this? All the forms were sent back the way they told us to and our second case seems to be sitting in limbo the exact way it should for the next 3 months until we get NOA2. I know I'm probably just creating a problem to stress about.

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

23.03.09 ~ RFE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

ooo ooo can I have one????? :lol:

I have no personal knowledge of this but i'm pretty sure you get a 'rejection notice' for sending the wrong fee and that's why you got your entire package back. Did they state it was an RFE? I agree with Karin and Otto that it should be the second one.

timeline.jpg

Kim you and Russ are more than welcome to one, I'll even give you the earlier number just to get one off my hands!

I was under the understanding we would just get a rejection too, but the letter said RFE and it came the same day as the NOA1 for that packet did. I'm guessing someone just made a mistake, maybe they were just excited to have more work to do and wanted to get it out onto the shelves quickly. When Alan called the RFE line the woman was cagey and couldn't tell us why it had happened that way. Oh never mind, I'll keep my eye on the second one and we can maybe deal with it if were still waiting in 6 months time.

xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

23.03.09 ~ RFE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

hello,

we never got 2 receipt numbers, but we did have a similar situation. they returned the whole package because of payment problems. we didnt get a NOA1 though (if heared more stories like this). makes me think the second one is the 'real' one.

Edited by marash

Thanx your time line is awesome Marash, congrats. I'm going with the second one, I thought that this might have happened to a few more people but I guess its a little irregular, not the RFE part just the getting a NOA1 with it. Oh well no complaints I'll just keep my eye on the first one and get Alan to call if anything is actioned on it.

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

23.03.09 ~ RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.