Smallz

Medical and vaccinations

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

If they're willing to take our word for it re: chicken pox and it's not on my official files at the GP, I think I'll take my mum's notepad where she wrote down all the stuff me and my siblings had over the years.

The notepad must be so old by now it could appear in a museum :P

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You will need proof of MMR and any other vaccinations that you've had for the people at the medical to clear you. I got copies of the records I did have from the practise nurse at my local GP's surgery, and then I had her re-do me for any that I was missing (or had no record of).

However, if you haven't had them done at the time of the medical and wish to have them done at your GPs then they will give you a sheet that you fax in once you've had them done. Then they will send your completed medical package to the embassy.

This happened with my son who had not had his HepB shots yet. His first (of three) was scheduled for a few days after our medical. The nurse who saw us at the medical gave me a sheet to fax in that my GP Practice Nurse had signed.

With regards to Chickenpox, they do tend to just take your word for it but chickenpox isn't as nasty an illness as Mumps or Rubella are...

Timeline
and here's the one to tell which of those vaccinations you need:

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/...ccinechart.html

Aye, that's the print out I'm taking with me to the GP when I get them done in a week's time. I'm pretty sure as a 31 year old male, I only need Tdap and MMR, given I had chicken pox as a wee nipper.

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

3-3-11 - Approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

:D I found the link for where it says that Chickenpox (varicella) is the only disease that they are allowed to take you at your word that you have had:

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?...946c3230871b8ec

It's waaay down the page, best thing to do is CTRL+F to find the word 'Varicella' and you will be right there. Just in case you are ####### like that and want to have a print out of it for your records.

Despite the above though, if you have a record of having it, no harm in bringing it to the medical.

:blush:

The UK Wiki

Timeline

Oh nice one, I'll grab a print out of that too. :)

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

3-3-11 - Approved!

• 2 weeks later...
:blink: Okay, so they'll accept my word for it that I've had chickenpox (had it in my early 20's) but won't accept that I've had both mumps and rubella in childhood because I don't have documentation to prove it? I've already been immunised against measles and rubella (both initial vaccines and a booster shot) and really don't want to have a totally unnecessary (medically at least) vaccination against a disease I've already had *sighs*

Is there any way to check this prior to the interview?

Hi - even if you don't have records, your healthcare provider will be able to give you one. I didnt have mine, but rang my local Child Health Services, who were ever so helpful, who printed me what they had on record and mailed it to me.

Additoinally, my best friend is a doctor, and she suggested that your GP will be able to do a skin test or something for some of these vaccines, and a free blood test for the others; it'll save you the hassle of having to pay for vaccines at the private health place, when we get them free for the abundance of tax that is robbed from us. :lol:

I dont have my interview yet, nor my medical a I am going to see the GP to get a booster which I may need (Tetanus), and will schedule a medical once I've gone over the vaccines with her.

Hope this helps :)

Timeline

I had my jabs the other day, shoulder went a bit dead with the Tdap injection. I showed the nurse a print out of the link earlier in the thread and we agreed it was just Tdap and MMR I needed. They'll print out the bumf I need prior to the medical, apparently.

Stu

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

3-3-11 - Approved!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,pls would appreciate if anyone can give me the best info and how to handle vaccination with respect to AOS.

I did my medicals in Uk and the vaccines i had were MMR and TD.I had chickenpox in the past and the doctor noted it.I have been going through various post in the AOS forum and i am not very clear on how i should handle the vaccination issue.

I never had the TB skin test though had Chest x-ray and have noticed a few making reference to TB skin test.I also was not given Hepatitis B vaccine even though i had the complete dose some years back but no document to show that.I also noticed that some did not contact any civil surgeon,they only submitted the vaccination sheet from the panel physician.

So based on the vaccines i had --mmr & Td. What would be my best line of action?

Thanks for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.