Nutty

Have you ever acted badly

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I was thinking about some of the times my husband and I disagreed on some particular issue*** and how I reacted. I admit, I was childish a few times (literally stamping my feet). Now looking back at it, both he and I can laugh about it.

***The discussion of wearing a headscarf inside MY HOME when guests came. I could not accept I would have to put on a headscarf in my home (my castle, my rules) when guests came and the women were wearing headscarfs. This was when we lived in Iran.

Timeline

I am not a practicing Christian and I also believe in Buddhist tenets.

Given that...There are many Christians who cover their head when they go to Church. Eastern Orthodox, Catholic....

However, in Iran....the law is the wear a scarf in public. In private we can do as please (in theory). BUT, the reality is....

When a female guest comes and she is wearing a headscarf, out of respect, the host should put on a headscarf (so the guest does not feel uncomfortable).

OR

When there is a group of women together, you see how many are wearing scarfs and err on the side of "if most wear a scarf, so should you."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well I don't blame you for not wanting to wear it in your home. I never wear mine in my house and if some women came in and were wearing it I still wouldn't. I don't have to wear it if I don't want to and certainly not in front of other women. Even if I wanted to go to Times Square and rip the thing off it's my right and he knows that. He'd be disappointed probably but he'd keep it to himself. (or try hard to! lol)

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

When Abbas tried to explain the issue of guests and scarfs I would refuse to accept his logic. And he kept at me, repeating the message...Basically trying to "make me understand" (in his mind, I am sure) the reasoning behind it.

I held my ground.

However, it came to a point, I kept saying, "NO! I REFUSE!" and stamped my feet like a child having a temper tantrum.

The look on his face when I started doing this was complete surprise. :blink:

I don't think he knew how to proceed after the foot stomping.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, i frequently act badly. i'm the worst!! but i'm trying so hard to be better! :innocent:

i'm from New York originally and i'm used to just saying what i need to say whenever i need to say it without regard to where i am or who's around.

that happened once in Rabat. Habibi and i were trying to get some papers done in order to get married and of course it was difficult because of the bureacracy and misinformation. we got in a big fight over nothing and i was arguing with him in the street! Poor Habibi...

i'm trying to tone it down. i'm trying so hard to be good.

Luckily, we usually find a way to laugh it off. He says i am a hot pepper.

i can live with being a hot pepper, i guess. (L)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yes i act badly alot....actually today even....poor moe...he is like "i want my wife back"....

this visa journey is making me act like a lunatic!!!!

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

RFE's received--7/12/2008

Resubmitted information--8/11/2008

EAD Card production ordered--10/2/2008

EAD approved--10/10/2008

Work card received in mail--10/11/2008

Applied for SSN--10/15/2008

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh yes, and so has he. Luckily we laugh about it now.

As for the scarf.......I didn't wear one in Morocco and I won't wear one here. I have a small head and large shoulders and I look like a pin head football player. At first he pushed it, but he gave up.

Morocco is not like Iran and other countries. Much much more relaxed there.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Actually, the "hot pepper" is sweet endearment!!! I like it!

It's nice... :wub:

Not to mention,

it's kinda hard to stay mad when someone is calling you a hot pepper...

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When I went back to Egypt the second time he and I were sitting outside and he showed me all of the bitchy texts I ever sent him when we fought. He kept them all!!! lol. He was laughing and kept saying, "oh and THIS is a good one".... :whistle:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
When I went back to Egypt the second time he and I were sitting outside and he showed me all of the bitchy texts I ever sent him when we fought. He kept them all!!! lol. He was laughing and kept saying, "oh and THIS is a good one".... :whistle:

LOL!!!!! Classic.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.