Randy CA

Names

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiancee's is Russian and her name when translated from crilic to latin letters sometimes comes out "Julia" and sometimes "Yulia".

Question: Is the way to deal with this is to put on I-129F #7 "Other Names Used", one of the names? Will we need some kind of documentation that they are one and the same?

I suppose this is kind of the same as my situation, where my legal name is Randolph, but on my plane tickets, credit card bills and just about everything else it says Randy. I have just assumed that all I need to do is put on #7 "Other Names Used" Randy, and that is the end of it.

Filed: Timeline
My fiancee's is Russian and her name when translated from crilic to latin letters sometimes comes out "Julia" and sometimes "Yulia".

Question: Is the way to deal with this is to put on I-129F #7 "Other Names Used", one of the names? Will we need some kind of documentation that they are one and the same?

I suppose this is kind of the same as my situation, where my legal name is Randolph, but on my plane tickets, credit card bills and just about everything else it says Randy. I have just assumed that all I need to do is put on #7 "Other Names Used" Randy, and that is the end of it.

Yep, just list it under other names used.

Yep, just list it under other names used.

My name is Robert, but I go by Bob, and I didnt put it in there. I figured my legal name is Robert, and I have never been convicted with an alias, so they wont know the difference.

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

My name is Robert, but I go by Bob, and I didnt put it in there. I figured my legal name is Robert, and I have never been convicted with an alias, so they wont know the difference.

To me it's just one of those things where I figure it's better to put too much than too little. I agree with you, it's probably not necessary 999 times out of 1,000. But then there's gonna be that one bureaucrat out there...

Timeline

Makes me glad my girl's name is Alla! Transliterates oh so well!

To me it's just one of those things where I figure it's better to put too much than too little. I agree with you, it's probably not necessary 999 times out of 1,000. But then there's gonna be that one bureaucrat out there...

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

Alla is Alla. Although I have a few variations I call her. :D Nadezhda, ahhh, yes, Russian for "Hope" Yeah, I have seen Nadezhda as well as Nadejda. Personally, I don't get the second variation. Made me think... Ever heard the Alsu song "Nadezhda"?

Makes me glad my girl's name is Alla! Transliterates oh so well!

Yeah...Department of State *loved* me when I called.

Me: "Our case number is MOSxxxxxx"

DoS: "Nadezz...Nadejjjj...Nahhh..."

Me: Nadezhda.

DoS: Yeah. What you said.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Alla is Alla. Although I have a few variations I call her. :D Nadezhda, ahhh, yes, Russian for "Hope" Yeah, I have seen Nadezhda as well as Nadejda. Personally, I don't get the second variation. Made me think... Ever heard the Alsu song "Nadezhda"?

I have not. Link?

I really dig how they play around with their names. Nadezhda becomes Nadya, Nadine, Nadenka, Nada, etc, etc. Heck, just throw on an "enka" or a "ooshka" and you've got yet another pet name! :D

I don't know what you call her, but I bet you call her Alla time! *ba-dumpa!* Thank you I'll be here all week, try the veal, tip your waitress.

Timeline

Alla time! :lol:

Another variation is Nadik.

Here are the lyrics...

Светит незнакомая звезда,

Снова мы оторваны от дома.

Снова между нами города,

Взлётные огни аэродрома.

Здесь у нас туманы и дожди,

Здесь у нас холодные рассветы.

Здесь на неизведанном пути

Ждут замысловатые сюжеты.

Надежда-мой компас земной,

А удача-награда за смелость.

А песни довольно одной,

Чтоб только о доме в ней пелось.

Ты поверь, что здесь, издалека

Многое теряется из вида.

Тают грозовые облака,

Кажутся нелепыми обиды.

Надо только выучиться ждать,

Надо быть спокойным и упрямым,

Чтоб порой от жизни получать

Радости скупые телеграммы.

И забыть по-прежнему нельзя

Всё, что мы когда-то не допели.

Милые, усталые глаза,

Синие московские метели.

Снова между нами города,

Жизнь нас разлучает, как и прежде.

В небе незнакомая звезда

Светит словно памятник надежде

Надежда-мой компас земной,

А удача-награда за смелость.

А песни довольно одной,

Чтоб только о доме в ней пелось.

Let me work on the song and I'll PM you.

I have not. Link?

I really dig how they play around with their names. Nadezhda becomes Nadya, Nadine, Nadenka, Nada, etc, etc. Heck, just throw on an "enka" or a "ooshka" and you've got yet another pet name! :D

I don't know what you call her, but I bet you call her Alla time! *ba-dumpa!* Thank you I'll be here all week, try the veal, tip your waitress.

Edited by Kazan' Tiger

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline

I don't know why, but this stuff always makes me second home sick. I really miss sitting around the television every weekend with Alla and her parents and watching shows like this as we drank, ate some mighty fine Russian food and drank! :lol:

Heh...I did a Youtube search and didn't find your song/artist, but I found this really fun video:

(it is my mission in life to drag threads not only off-topic, but into complete unrecognition.)

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

I just like the fact that the blonde in the long red dress with the green trim looks like Marsha Brady.

Actually there's really something endearing to these shows. We watched a lot of TV in the evenings too, and I know it's campy, but it really was pretty fun. You just don't get stuff like that here, and some of it's really awful, but some of it--like this video--is just plain fun.

Timeline

I agree! All their Saturday & Sunday night fair is like this. Corny, campy, simple, and I love it!

I just like the fact that the blonde in the long red dress with the green trim looks like Marsha Brady.

Actually there's really something endearing to these shows. We watched a lot of TV in the evenings too, and I know it's campy, but it really was pretty fun. You just don't get stuff like that here, and some of it's really awful, but some of it--like this video--is just plain fun.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: South Korea
Timeline
(it is my mission in life to drag threads not only off-topic, but into complete unrecognition.)

:thumbs: I really like your mission!!

I'm relatively new to the forum, especially to Russia Room. I have found this site not long ago while we were anxiously waiting for our green card process. Since then I really enjoy reading many of yours humorous and in dept discussions in this room!!! Also, I have learned alot about Russian culture.

My husband and I are both foreign borns, but have lived in States already for 14, 15 years. Even though we have kept many of our heritage and traditions, we also got Americanized alot than so called "FOP (fresh off the plane)." I am a South Korean, born and raised, came to US as F1 for grad schooling and later changed to H1B when I got job offers. My husband, who were born and grew up in East Germany until teenage and moved to USSR and ended up getting Ukraine citizenship, came to US as F1 for also grad schooling. He has a sister who is naturalized US Citizen, petitioned I-130 for my husband. And his long journey for green card and schooling has started. He had to wait for 11 years to be able to finally apply AOS last year August. (Family Based 4th Preference, Siblings of US Citizen) For me, instead of me going Employed Based AOS which will take me about 4 to 6 years, I was able to apply with him as his spouse together. Both of our green cards were approved this past Feburary.

We both know too well about the frustration of immigration process and agony of waiting games. We are so glad that it is over for noww and we found somewhat peace with our mind regarding "the status."

So I wish you all the speedy process for your all visa approvasl!!! :innocent:

:ot2:

(actually now i don't even remember what the topic was...)

Edited by pianojangee

Pianojangee, I think you just won the "longest VJ award." Congrats, and enjoy your spot on the throne!

Me: "Our case number is MOSxxxxxx"

DoS: "Nadezz...Nadejjjj...Nahhh..."

Me: Nadezhda.

DoS: Yeah. What you said.

"Michaeal Bolton and Samir Naneee, nagan, naga.... Not gonna work here anymore!"

Ever heard the Alsu song "Nadezhda"?

Ever seen the Maxim pics of Alsu? Needless to say, she's very talented! She has more than a pretty voice.... if you know what I mean.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.