abardeen

THE PACKET AND THE VISA HAS SOME MISTAKES

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear friends,

can any one help me to solve this quiz with the embassy

on March 10th they sent me the visa (K3) with other packet ( big envelope with all the needed documents like I 129F and stuff)

the same day I discovered that they made a mistake with the passport number on the visa it was my old one

I returned it back to them

they promised me that they would send it right a way

after two weeks they claimed that the case needs more administrative process

they refused to say what kind of administrative process nor how long it would take

we came back to be in the middle of no where

are they going to cancel the visa and reissue a new one

are they sending my documents abroad

i need to understand please

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

If it is in admin. processing the visa is not denied. You will get it once they are done with the AP. As for sending your documents abroad, I have no idea. You may want to try calling DOS to find out what is going on.

What consulate are you going through?

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

When they had to change the information on your visa, even though it was due to their mistake, they had to run another CLASS check (security check). Obviously your name had a hit that did not exist when they issued the visa with the incorrect number. You must now wait for the security checks to be done before another visa will be issued even though it was the embassy's fault.

Do not feel you are the only one this has happened to. My SO has been cleared and then placef\d back into security checks about six times now. There are about 20,000 names added to the terrorist watch list the DOS (department of state) and FBI use to determine if you are a risk in coming to the US, ie a potential terrorist or criminal. So you can be cleared one day and the next, if more names are placed on the watch list, you may not be cleared because someone with a name similar to yours was added.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.