Rena Kasch

k-3 and I-130

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone, after being confused for a long time, and calling uscis, and every time getting different answers, I finally got told at my local office that I need to apply for a k-3.

I am currently in US on a visa waiver (I-94 W), and today the lady at the office told me that that could be considered a visa fraud, because as soon as I came in me and my husband filed the I-130, plus affidavit of support, EAD, and biometrics (if I remember right).

After doing some research on the K-3, I saw in the guide that I am going to need a copy of my I-130 for my interview in Brazil. My question is, what do I do if I don't have a copy of it all? I mean, I have a copy of the receipt we received in the mail, and I even showed it to the lady at the office and she said that's what I needed to file the application.

I got confused about my interview part, I don't know how to get copies of those applications since we already sent them in february! All I have is NOAs that I got in the mail. Is that ok or do I need to do something else? I know my interview won't be until a few months, but I want to have everything ready for when the day comes.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Filed: Timeline

Rena Kasch,

Prudence dictates that one should keep a copy of everything that they submit throughout the immigration process. It's apparently too late for your initial submissions, but keep this in mind going forward.

You don't say if you've submitted an I-485 application for adjustment of status, something that would normally be submitted along with the I-130 in your situation. Nor do you say if your husband has submitted an I-129f petition for you.

You should be getting your legal advice from an immigration attorney, not from the USCIS. Have a consultation to discuss the details of your situation before you complicate it any further.

(BTW, my wife did not need a copy of my I-130 submission for her K3 visa interview.)

Yodrak

Hi everyone, after being confused for a long time, and calling uscis, and every time getting different answers, I finally got told at my local office that I need to apply for a k-3.

I am currently in US on a visa waiver (I-94 W), and today the lady at the office told me that that could be considered a visa fraud, because as soon as I came in me and my husband filed the I-130, plus affidavit of support, EAD, and biometrics (if I remember right).

After doing some research on the K-3, I saw in the guide that I am going to need a copy of my I-130 for my interview in Brazil. My question is, what do I do if I don't have a copy of it all? I mean, I have a copy of the receipt we received in the mail, and I even showed it to the lady at the office and she said that's what I needed to file the application.

I got confused about my interview part, I don't know how to get copies of those applications since we already sent them in february! All I have is NOAs that I got in the mail. Is that ok or do I need to do something else? I know my interview won't be until a few months, but I want to have everything ready for when the day comes.

Filed: Other Timeline

if you're getting ready to send in the I-129F for the K3, you just need a copy of the NOA from the I-130 to send in with it. The I-129F petition for K3 is dependent on the I-130 having been already submitted, so you just need proof of that on the NOA. Send them a photocopy, not the original you recieved in the mail.

If you're already out of status from your visa waiver visit, then you may need to look into filing the (I think) 601 Waiver after your interview. And you need to consider you will have to return to your home country to wait out the rest of this process, and with the waiver, it could take quite a while. See the Waiver forum here for more info.

If you have already submitted the I-485 for AOS, this will complicate your K3 process, so as Yodrak suggested you may want to see an immigration lawyer for some advice.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Yes we have the I-485 submitted, we sent it in february with all the others forms :(

And yes I am taking copies of everything from now on.

Rena, if you leave the country now and pursue a K-3 visa, it may be a long, long time before you come back. You and your husband should really see an immigration lawyer who knows family immigration (not employment only).

A K-3 is essentially to do what you've already started. Please be cautious before you file anything or leave the US. The people that work at USCIS don't always give out the right information.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

my advise is from today foward ALWAYS make a COMPLETE copy of everything yu send out! Begin a file now of your whole venture. and just to be on the safe side it wouldnt hurt to bring it all to your interview incse they say they are missing something you have a copy of it with you ( helps avoid any delays) Personally I make a complete copy of any package or single peice of paper I send out and staple any receipts for postage. (Acutally I always send priority mail and have a receipt and can track it online.. definitely worth the extra charge) Good luck and best to you

09/2005 submitted I130, 08/09/2006 completed medical,case left NVC to Montreal Embassy July 7, 2006
06/07/2006 NVC CASE COMPLETE! (278 days from I130 submitted to NVC case complete)
August 2006 Interview at Montreal Embassy, need to submit I601 & I212 waiver.July 2007 submitted waivers to Montreal Embassy who forwarded to Vermont Service Center
October 2007 rec'd receipt and notification or waiver processing from VSC, April 2008 rec'd RFE for I601 July 2008 submitted RFE, and rec'd receipt, advised written decision within 60 days
October 24, 2008 sent written request for case status to VSC, May 2009 after written request for status update recd letter "being processed"
July2009 requested Senator inquiry again.. response "with officer, required extra processing" if no response check back 6 months!
Dec 09 requested senator inquiry again, Jan 8 2010 requested more than "general inquiry" senator Jan 11, 2010 Senator requested supervisor
Jan 12, VSC told senator's office we wld recd notice in mail 7 - 10 days Jan 20, 2010 I601 DENIED.... letter dated Jan 14, 2010
April 2010, granted 290b approval to send to Appeal for review

October 2011 Appeal denied due to fraud, now dumped by husband, now with Canadian Arabic woman from Tunisa for Canada residence.. processing Immigration with her now

thru Canada

July2013 He ws deported back to Egypt almost a year ago due to out of status for almost 2 years

movin on to a new life
Felicia

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Good news, I got copies of EVERY file! My husband's stepdad is a lawyer and helping us out, so now I have everything!

On the k-3, that lady at the uscis office told me to do that, I showed her all my receipts I had from all my forms and she still said thats what I have to do.

I hope it all goes well, I wish I knew about this website like a year ago :\

But thanks for all the answers, you guys are great.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.