katiushka

Package 3 and 4 from Lima embassy

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi to all people with cases in Lima embassy. i need your coments and help. My NOA2 was approved also 14 feb but i have not received any package from the embassy. My fiance called to the peruvian embassy two week ago and they told him that they have our file, they also say that my interview date is the 3rd week of april and the documenits will be sent in one week. as soon as last week was a national holiday (easter) i assume they got late. so i will call the embassy again this week.

can you give me some info of what documents they are going to ask me so i can start getting them? i also have another issue, i am not peruvian, in fact i am russian and my birth certificate is in russian. i assume thy need translated documents but i dont know if i have to translate them to spanish or english.

aahhh also i wanted to know, if i dont receive the package, do you know if i can send somebody to pick it up from the embassy?

any info you guys can give me will be very appretiated.

thanks a lot andmy best wishes for you all!

Katiushka

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Here's the link to the Embassy Site here on VJ that has a great list of info!

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...ru&cty=Lima

You all should start working on the 3, yes 3, police certificates NOW. There's several posts about what they are on here already. If you need help finding them, let me know.

Yes, you can send someone to the Embassy to pick up the paperwork. But it's at a specific window at specific times. Someone sent me an email in regards to this. You can call the Embassy for exact info.

Based on what I've read here and the paperwork we've received, the birth certificate can be translated into either language: Spanish or English. All the paperwork that David received (except the interview date paper and the I-134 stuff - English) is in Spanish.

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Timeline
Hi to all people with cases in Lima embassy. i need your coments and help. My NOA2 was approved also 14 feb but i have not received any package from the embassy. My fiance called to the peruvian embassy two week ago and they told him that they have our file, they also say that my interview date is the 3rd week of april and the documenits will be sent in one week. as soon as last week was a national holiday (easter) i assume they got late. so i will call the embassy again this week.

can you give me some info of what documents they are going to ask me so i can start getting them? i also have another issue, i am not peruvian, in fact i am russian and my birth certificate is in russian. i assume thy need translated documents but i dont know if i have to translate them to spanish or english.

aahhh also i wanted to know, if i dont receive the package, do you know if i can send somebody to pick it up from the embassy?

any info you guys can give me will be very appretiated.

thanks a lot andmy best wishes for you all!

Katiushka

We never recieved our packet in Arequipa from the embassy....he traveled to Lima last week andwent to the window between 9-10 in the morning to get a copy of the invitation letter.....the IMPS certificate is the longest for him to wait for, the police and judical are pretty easy to get.......the paperwork is just like the link on the website......Our interview is April 1.......I am leaving for Lima on Sunday.......good luck....Lora

Timeline

Thanks for the link it is very useful, today i will call to the embassy to arrange somebody to pick it up. and then i will schedule an appointment with a doctor.

In fact i work in cajamarca and i was 99% sure that if i give my cajamarca address my papers will never arrive. all my correspondence goes to my parents house but they have not received anything yet.

about the medical, do they give the results to you or they send them straight to the embassy? does it takes some procesing time for it?, what about the vaccinations? you take them in the medical exam? i am trying to find out if i need to stay longer in lima, as soon as i dont live there, i need to ask for days off.

about the police certificate, specially the one that takes longer, what is it´s exact name?

i am going to the states for 2 weeks returning monday 5 may and i want to sechedule my apointment for that day, just realize i need to go to lime to take my medical exam.

thanks very much to all you, everyday I feel I am closer to move and be with my love

:wub:

Katiushka

Timeline
about the medical, do they give the results to you or they send them straight to the embassy? does it takes some procesing time for it?, what about the vaccinations? you take them in the medical exam? i am trying to find out if i need to stay longer in lima, as soon as i dont live there, i need to ask for days off.

about the police certificate, specially the one that takes longer, what is it´s exact name?

Hola! Yes, take your vaccination records with you to the medical exam.

Here's a link to the info in regards to the police certificates:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108296

Hope this helps! :)

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

Timeline

Here are three other important links for you:

1) Preparing for the interview

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

2) Medical exam info

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/LMA-ME...L-0001-0803.pdf

3) Peru reciprocity schedule. Info on getting SOME of the forms you may need

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc..._3649.html#docs

Timeline

Hi you all again! all things are going great! today, before i call the embassy my dad called saying that all the papers just arrived. i called to move my apointment to may 5 (they say they will confirm the date) so i will start to gather all the papers and to schedule medicals and other paperwork.

thanks a lot for all those usefull links and for your help and my best wishes for you all

Katiushka

Timeline

2) Medical exam info

Do you know if you can get the certificado antecedentes judiciales early, without the letter or form from the embassy? Seeing that a few of you have had to show up to the interview without this certificate, because there was not enough time to obtain it, I am wondering if my so can start getting that relatively soon by just going to the Aramburu office?

How long does it take to legalize the birth certificate at the RENIEC office?

Thanks

Timeline

2) Medical exam info

Do you know if you can get the certificado antecedentes judiciales early, without the letter or form from the embassy? Seeing that a few of you have had to show up to the interview without this certificate, because there was not enough time to obtain it, I am wondering if my so can start getting that relatively soon by just going to the Aramburu office?

How long does it take to legalize the birth certificate at the RENIEC office?

Thanks

Hi!

Yes, you can get all the police certificates early, at least the local one. David had the letter from the Embassy when he went to get the national ones in Lima. But, I'm fairly sure that you can go without the letter to get the other 2. This is a fairly common thing there, I'm sure.

You have to wait to make the doctor appt; you've got to have the letter.

The RENIEC office was something that I hadn't anticipated until we started dealing with it. Ours is barely going to be ready in time for our interview. David went this week to deal with this and had to pay extra to have it expedited! So, yes, do this now too!

Timeline

Hi!

Yes, you can get all the police certificates early, at least the local one. David had the letter from the Embassy when he went to get the national ones in Lima. But, I'm fairly sure that you can go without the letter to get the other 2. This is a fairly common thing there, I'm sure.

You have to wait to make the doctor appt; you've got to have the letter.

The RENIEC office was something that I hadn't anticipated until we started dealing with it. Ours is barely going to be ready in time for our interview. David went this week to deal with this and had to pay extra to have it expedited! So, yes, do this now too!

Hi! Updated response...

Gringita actually talked about the other 2 certs (Lima ones); that you'd need the letter from the Embassy to the get the national ones. It's in one of the links above.

Speaking of RENIEC... does anyone know if there are two different versions of the birth certificate: one national and one international? Now I'm worried that he may have gotten the wrong one!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.