EdgarVirginia

form DS 230 (CR1 VISA)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm the beneficiary in Brasil and sent DS 230 signed to my husband (the agent) before we receive the official packet with all the instructions from NVC just to save some time. My question is: can we use the signed form I mailed to my husband or we should use the one sent by NVC??

My next doubt is about what other form (or forms) will come along with DS 230 in that packet?? I've only signed part I, not part II as per requested on the form. Will the part II be sent to the embassy in Brasil for me to sign it during the interview??

Can someone give me an ideia on the next procedures and processing times from now on?? Our case is lasting now 8 months and we wonder how much longer it will take to be complete.

Thanks

Virginia A.Adams

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
I'm the beneficiary in Brasil and sent DS 230 signed to my husband (the agent) before we receive the official packet with all the instructions from NVC just to save some time. My question is: can we use the signed form I mailed to my husband or we should use the one sent by NVC??

My next doubt is about what other form (or forms) will come along with DS 230 in that packet?? I've only signed part I, not part II as per requested on the form. Will the part II be sent to the embassy in Brasil for me to sign it during the interview??

Can someone give me an ideia on the next procedures and processing times from now on?? Our case is lasting now 8 months and we wonder how much longer it will take to be complete.

Thanks

Virginia A.Adams

Hi Virginia,

My wife and I sent in the form she signed and my I864 and sent it in as soon as we received the instructions. As far as I know the only forms required with the instructions were the I864 along with income documentation and my wife's DS230. We are also past our 8th month now and are very frustrated by the slow process on the CR1.

I may be in correct, but I do believe that after you return the packet, you then wait for an approval which will trigger your spouse receiving packet 3 and 4. Packet 3 with documents and medical exam needed to be done before packet 4 which is the interview date. Hoe this helps!

I hope this did'nt sound to confusing, and anyone out there with different information on the CR1 process please feel free to chime in.

Your close, hang in there!

Chris

CR-1

04/16/06 First met each other......

05/12/07 Married in Ica, Peru one year later

I-130

06/21/07 Sent in I-130 for CR1 Visa

07/28/07 NOA1

11/28/07 NOA2 (File approved!!!!)

NVC (Torture Time) Can you tell I'm a bit jaded right now?

12/21/07 NVC received file

12/31/07 Received I864 Bill

12/31/07 Received DS230 Bill

02/21/08 Sent I864 and DS230 Bill

03/14/08 Received Packet with Instructions from NVC

03/14/08 Sent Packet back to NVC Certified Mail

03/20/08 NVC Receives Packet

04/01/08 NVC sends back packet (missing info or incomplete according to NVC?) your kidding me right?!!!!!!!!

04/10/08 Received Packet with Checklist

05/01/08 Checklist Items overnighted to NVC (almost 1 year since we started the process...wow!)

05/07/08 Packet being returned AGAIN!!!(missing info or incomplete) Somebody just shoot me already!!

05/15/08 DS 230 II overnighted again (NVC claims they never received it)

05/23/08 Case Approval (Finally here!!!!) Case expedited to Lima.

Embassy

06/09/08 - Package 3 with instructions received

06/12/08 - Medical appointment

06/20/08 - Interview.....Visa Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well there are no forms that come with the packet the only thing that comes is the bar code cover sheet and return envolope

yes you did the right thing was down load the forms and sent to hubby along with birth cert and other supporting doc. needed to accompany the ds-230 form

it will take 2 week inbetween each step. then nvc only assigns interviews 2 nd and 3 rd week of the month for following month interviews

so what it looks like to me by your time line april 1 st ds-230 should be generated and if no rfe i dont think you will get may interview it will be a june interview by my guess it will be 318 days to my wifes interview

good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thanks

Virginia A.Adams

This link may help to clar up any confusion....be sure to scroll down to where your particular case is at in the CR1 process.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

CR-1

04/16/06 First met each other......

05/12/07 Married in Ica, Peru one year later

I-130

06/21/07 Sent in I-130 for CR1 Visa

07/28/07 NOA1

11/28/07 NOA2 (File approved!!!!)

NVC (Torture Time) Can you tell I'm a bit jaded right now?

12/21/07 NVC received file

12/31/07 Received I864 Bill

12/31/07 Received DS230 Bill

02/21/08 Sent I864 and DS230 Bill

03/14/08 Received Packet with Instructions from NVC

03/14/08 Sent Packet back to NVC Certified Mail

03/20/08 NVC Receives Packet

04/01/08 NVC sends back packet (missing info or incomplete according to NVC?) your kidding me right?!!!!!!!!

04/10/08 Received Packet with Checklist

05/01/08 Checklist Items overnighted to NVC (almost 1 year since we started the process...wow!)

05/07/08 Packet being returned AGAIN!!!(missing info or incomplete) Somebody just shoot me already!!

05/15/08 DS 230 II overnighted again (NVC claims they never received it)

05/23/08 Case Approval (Finally here!!!!) Case expedited to Lima.

Embassy

06/09/08 - Package 3 with instructions received

06/12/08 - Medical appointment

06/20/08 - Interview.....Visa Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.