Eli the Barrowboy

UK Filers - I Need Your Help!!!

8 posts in this topic

Oh #######!!!

I just say this on the London US Embassy website ...

"Applicants applying for visas at the U.S. Embassy in London or the Consulate in Belfast are required to furnish a police certificate from the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) issued within 6 months of the date of the visa interview. Information on obtaining the police certificate is available from the ACPO website."

I always read on this forum that a police cert was valid 1 year so I took the initative and got mine in October 2007.

The above info was posted under under the section 'Documents relating to your arrest and/or conviction' of which I have neither.

Can any other UK filers confirm or deny that your UK police cert is only valid for 6 months?

Ronan

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

They've introduced a new style of police certificate - this is where the confusion is arising from. I believe the old style certificates are still valid for the interview up until August - there was some discussion on it in the UK forum. The new certificates cost £35 and are only valid for six months.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Well I got the all clear from both the Northern Ireland Police and Scotland Yard ... £435 would buy peac of mind though the night before an interview!!!

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Indeed! Oh, and the cost is higher but they'll get the certificates to you within 10 days rather than the previous 40 or so.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Subject Access Statement = Police Certificate

First paragraph it's called a police certificate, second paragraph it's called a Subject Access Statement. I must be thick as I didn't really catch that on ...

"Applicants who have, or have applied for, a Subject Access Statement

If you have applied for, or are in possession of a Subject Access Statement, and you will appear for a visa interview before August 15, 2008, the Nonimmigrant Visa Section will accept this Statement, provided it was issued within 6 months of the date of the visa interview. Applicants appearing for interviews on or after August 15 will be required to furnish the new style police certificate from the ACPO."

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

I still need to get a new one as it says it needs to be issued 6 months before the interview - so I wasted that £10.

R

Subject Access Statement = Police Certificate

First paragraph it's called a police certificate, second paragraph it's called a Subject Access Statement. I must be thick as I didn't really catch that on ...

"Applicants who have, or have applied for, a Subject Access Statement

If you have applied for, or are in possession of a Subject Access Statement, and you will appear for a visa interview before August 15, 2008, the Nonimmigrant Visa Section will accept this Statement, provided it was issued within 6 months of the date of the visa interview. Applicants appearing for interviews on or after August 15 will be required to furnish the new style police certificate from the ACPO."

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

i have old one from february 2008 but don't want to take any chance so went and see daugther's teacher today to sign form and phote for new one ...bank and doctor had refused :unsure: i will send all off tomorrow ....hoping NOA2 comes soon

(F)

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.