Teacher Mark

Anyone Bring Coffe Or Tea Back From Viet Nam?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
I brought home dried squid and fish with no problems. The officer asked what kind of food I had and when I told him he said "enjoy". Thao wants me to bring her some oil when I return. I can't remember what it is called but it smells minty and is in a green and silver packaged. She says it is better quality and cheaper to buy in the states than what you get in Vietnam. Does anyone know what it's called and the best place to buy it?

Roughly translated, it's called "green oil" (dau xanh). You can find it at most asian supermarkets or eastern medicine shops. The official brand is "Eagle Brand Medicated Oil." If you're coming from the states, all you friends/relatives over there will like getting a bottle as a gift. I usually bring back 1-2 cases to give away whenever I go back. Here's a link that has a picture of it:

http://www.veryasia.com/eabrmeoil.html

$5.25 a bottle? It was like $1 in Cai Be! I'll check with my wife and make sure, but I know it wasn't that much. It's good stuff. I drank it with a 7UP chaser.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I brought home dried squid and fish with no problems. The officer asked what kind of food I had and when I told him he said "enjoy". Thao wants me to bring her some oil when I return. I can't remember what it is called but it smells minty and is in a green and silver packaged. She says it is better quality and cheaper to buy in the states than what you get in Vietnam. Does anyone know what it's called and the best place to buy it?

Dave

It's called Eagle Brand Medicated Oil imported by Anhing Corp and I don't know if it's any different in the US or overseas now because when I did a google search, wikipedia said the formula has been updated and doesn't include Chloroform. They use to use a formula containing 12% chloroform and 20% methyl salicylate.. The FDA banned it because if that. The Eagle Brand Oil that Thi brought from Vietnam is from the Anhing Corp (assuming it's real and not a fake) has a level of mehtyl salicylate of 30%. Wikipedia states the Anhing formula is 4.5% so I'm confused as a search I did found different levels of chemicals from different retailers online. Mehtyl salicylate has a wintergreen smell but can be toxic. It's used in BenGay and other over the counter remedies as well. It's only to be used externally. Thi thinks it's cheaper in Vietnam. She brought a lot green oil and red oil with her. My quick search online found Eagle Brand Medicated Oil in the $4-6 range for a bottle (did find one place who ships worldwide for free but it's $16USD a bottle). As to quality, I don't know.

Glad to hear you're back WideAwakeintheUS!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Edited by PeterFB

Thanks for your input Peter, Etrnaly and Wideawake. That is the stuff I was looking for. I will have to bring a couple cases with me when I go in May.

Welcome home Wideawake! I hope you had a good time.

06-29-09 received GC in mail

4-18-11 mailed I-751 CSC

CIS Office : California Service Center

Date Filed : 2011-04-18

NOA Date Received : 2011-06-06

Date on NOA: 2011-04-22

Bio. Appt. : 2011-06-24

Had to make an Info Pass appointment because there was a delay in receiving the NOA for our I-751. Never found out the reason for the delay but they gave Thao a 1 year green card stamp in her passport and we got a the NOA 2 days later.

Approved: 2011-09-23

Notice sent: 2011-09-28

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.