kelvin_omar25

I-130 Spouse Visa (IR1/CR1)

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello ALL,

I am new here... I am trying to learn more about the I-130 Visa.... I am getting married on April 18 2008.... I want to see if you can give me an overview of the Spouse visa. I want her to come in to Florida and be able to work as soon as she gets here... This is why I am not considering the K-3.... Sincerely I have almost everything ready for turning in the I-130 package... I am missing only a few things. I wanted to know if it was possible for you to give me a copy of a sample cover letter for a I-130 package. I have looked for one here and have not found one yet. Only a K-1 sample cover letter is available. Also wanted to ask you... what is a "A number" or an "Alien registration number"??? My future wife is from Colombia. They have a "cedula"... this is in Spanish and I really do not know the translation. Any how do you know if this number (cedula) would be the "A number " or "Alien registration number"???

If I do the Spouse visa...not the K-3... which Affidavit of Support form will I have to complete... the I-864 or the I-134? Will this form be sent by me to NVC or to some other agency or will this form be sent to some agency by my wife?

What documents can I submitt with my I-130 package for proof of my ongoing relationship with my wife? I met her on the internet, I've been to Colombia one time... it was in November 2007 for a week, and now I am going to marry her in Aprill 2008. We met back in March 2007. Also what documents can I submitt as evidence of a bonifide marriage???

What in your opinion would you consider most... a K-3 visa or just filing for the spouse visa and waiting??? Sometimes I feel this will take FOREVER... and I have not even started....

I really appreciate your time. If you by any chance have to send me any attachments you can do so to my email... kelvin_omar25@yahoo.com If you think necessary you can give me your phone number and i can call you... I am sorry for bothering with so much but sincerely I am very new in this and I do not know anybody that can help me go through this.

Please provide all the information you can in regards to this visa.

Thank you in advance...

God bless you,

Kelvin

INTERVIEW

02-17-09 Received Interview Letter

03-16-09 Medical and Laboratory Exam

03-17-09 Interview Date

03-17-09 VISA APPROVED

03-24-09 VISA RECEIVED

03-26-09 ARRIVED TO (POE) ORLANDO, FLORIDA

04-10-09 Received Welcome Letter (USCIS)

04-16-09 Received Green Card

05-12-09 Received SSN

05-12-09 Applied for License

05-20-09 Received License

I-751

12-23-2010 Sent I-751 Package to Vermont

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Use the K-1 cover letter as a template, you just reword it appropriately.

A# question is in the FAQ:

3.9.1....On form G-325A, where can I get the file number started with "A-" ( it is the far right box of the first row of boxes) for both me and my fiance. Also in the last box with the heavy border how would I put my fiance's alien registration number there while she has none. Can I just leave it blank.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-I129f.html#3.9.1

Wont have an A# until later after USCIS assigns one.

I-864 is used for CR-1 visas because the visa directly results in a green-card. I-134 is only for NON-Immigrant visa like the K-Visas. The I-864 will be requested by NVC.

Only things needed in the initial I-130 package for relationship evidence is copy of marriage cert, and perhaps a few sworn statements from friends or realities attesting to your relationship.

Compare K-3 and CR-1 timelines for Columbia, for most countries the CR-1 takes only a bit longer than K-3.

You may want to read the guide:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=i130guide1

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.