kimhangsomaly

9 months after Cambodia received case... nothing.

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys!

This is my first time ever posting a topic online...EVER! Which means I'm desperate.

Here's what: I'm an ex-marine now. Totally jobless now but are getting benefits monthly for 3 years from the military. I'm 22 years old. I married my wife in November 21st, 2006 in Cambodia. Looked for an attorney for two months to help me with the paperwork. Found one that will help me all the way (referenced by a good friend, told me that this attorney is very good). She got all my paperwork approved on June 2007. Note that she did all the paperwork for me. All I did was provide the fees and information she needed. She told me on june 2007 that the case has transferred to Cambodia. I discharged from the marines on august 17th, 2007. Then head to Cambodia on august 26th 2007 to wait for my wife to get called in for the interview. I've been waiting since then. I've contacted the khmer embassy by phone and they told me that they can't provide me with any info under any circumstances. They said to email instead. I've emailed them (correctly) six times now with no response. Each with a different topic. One was to give them an accurate address and contact to my wife's house (I asked for comfirmation, no reply), another was to asked them what i did wrong or why they are taking so long, another was to informed them that its been four months already need help please reply, etc. its driving me nuts! :crying: Here I am now, six months in Cambodia typing away for help. Oh! I asked my attorney to help and she asked me why am i still doing in cambodia and that i should be in the U.S. by now with my wife. She's totally helping me right now trying all she could. Now, I just need help from you guys as to what step i should take next.

Wow that's quite a story :blush: I hope I didn't miss anything to confuse you guys. Thank you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i have no knowledge about this but i would just like to send you my sympathy and sorry to hear your case.. (L)

Hi guys!

This is my first time ever posting a topic online...EVER! Which means I'm desperate.

Here's what: I'm an ex-marine now. Totally jobless now but are getting benefits monthly for 3 years from the military. I'm 22 years old. I married my wife in November 21st, 2006 in Cambodia. Looked for an attorney for two months to help me with the paperwork. Found one that will help me all the way (referenced by a good friend, told me that this attorney is very good). She got all my paperwork approved on June 2007. Note that she did all the paperwork for me. All I did was provide the fees and information she needed. She told me on june 2007 that the case has transferred to Cambodia. I discharged from the marines on august 17th, 2007. Then head to Cambodia on august 26th 2007 to wait for my wife to get called in for the interview. I've been waiting since then. I've contacted the khmer embassy by phone and they told me that they can't provide me with any info under any circumstances. They said to email instead. I've emailed them (correctly) six times now with no response. Each with a different topic. One was to give them an accurate address and contact to my wife's house (I asked for comfirmation, no reply), another was to asked them what i did wrong or why they are taking so long, another was to informed them that its been four months already need help please reply, etc. its driving me nuts! :crying: Here I am now, six months in Cambodia typing away for help. Oh! I asked my attorney to help and she asked me why am i still doing in cambodia and that i should be in the U.S. by now with my wife. She's totally helping me right now trying all she could. Now, I just need help from you guys as to what step i should take next.

Wow that's quite a story :blush: I hope I didn't miss anything to confuse you guys. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Hi guys!

contact the senator and congressman from your last state/residence in US. they have the powers to question the state department. I would also try to reach out to the President's office - Secretary of State - Miss Rice's office to get more clarification. Did you try walking over to the embassy and inquirying the possibility of query?

but defnitely start with the Senator's office and Congressman's office.

best of luck

Removal of Conditions I797C - Dec 7th 2010

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Hello m'friend from Cambodia,

I totally understand your situation very well. I am very enthusiastic to help you with your case because I, myself, am Cambodian and successfully petitioned my wife. Now, she has her VISA and is en route for the USA. Anyhow, let me continue my helping hand.

My recommendation is to goto the Embassy on Monday @ 1pm. The bulletin that is on the wall outside the embassy indicates what times you're allowed to inquire about an immigrant visa petition. In this case, the time alloted for you is Monday, 1p. However, you may enter any time because you're a US citizen. If you enter at the wrong time they become mad, and don't feel like helping you. My suggestion is to bring your NVC letter with the CASE Number which should resemble something like PHP2007XXXX or something like that into the Embassy to ask them to look for it.

After you show them that, ask them for packet 3 and tell them you haven't received it yet. Then, fill it out and mail it in using the Khmer Express Service located throughout Phnom Penh. Wait about 3 weeks. Go back and ask for the Packet 4 or interview date.

Please, PM me or post in Cambodian VJ Thread started by the Consolemaster inside the Asia and Pacific Forum here at visajourney.com. I'm glad to help a fellow Cambodian.

ConsoleMaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I thought you had retired. :pop:

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Well, first of all, you highlight the problem of using an attorney.

I am not criticizing the work your attorney did...But rather that you did not educate yourself about the process while the attorney filed in the papers.

If your case has been approved by the National Visa Center and sent to the Consulate/Embassy, then the NVC would have subsequently sent a letter to your attorney (or you, whoever was registered agent to receive mail from the NVC) advising them of an interview date.

So I would suggest you contact that attorney again and ask if they ever received a letter confirming the interview date.

Otherwise, I would hazard to guess the case is still back in the states...

Hi guys!

Quick replies! Not only one but five! Shows that the world isn't as bad as many think it is. Join the right group and your safe.

Anyways! I finally got a reply from the Cambodian US Embassy. Bad news. Nutty's right. They say that they have not received my case. I apologize for your inconvenience and I am going to quickly fix this problem.

Thank you all very much!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Keep us posted. I am very knowledgeable in this arena. You carry a K-3 case, so did I.

As a matter of fact, you had no idea how many times I personally went inside that 55 million dollar US Embassy. Every IV group member knows me. I don't know if it's bad or good.

Trust me, finding useful help in Cambodia is not easy. Most times you get scammed. I know lots of people got scammed. There's about 250 k cambodians in the US. So, there's not many. Most of them are refugee and never been through the petition process. Yeah, I'm a freakazoid.

Edited by consolemaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

As a matter of fact, you had no idea how many times I personally went inside that 55 million dollar US Embassy. Every IV group member knows me. I don't know if it's bad or good.

Trust me, finding useful help in Cambodia is not easy. Most times you get scammed. I know lots of people got scammed. There's about 250 k cambodians in the US. So, there's not many. Most of them are refugee and never been through the petition process. Yeah, I'm a freakazoid.

Consolemaster,

My mother and I came here as refugees and I can confirm that many ( if not most ) Khmer people have not undergone any petition process let alone a K3, K1 or CR1. In my years of assisting other Khmer people

The other poster made a valid comment:

...But rather that you did not educate yourself about the process while the attorney filed in the papers.

Many khmer people tend to overly trust figures in power/authority/education. They often neglect the fact that these people are human beings that are subject to laziness, lack of organization, corruption, or fraud. Whether you are dealing with government, immigration, lawyers, real estate, or any matter related to financial/legal/personal affairs, it's best to educate yourself of the process prior to directing others to provide service.

I've assisted many Khmer families ( free of charge )resolve problems that are caused by attorneys and people with presumed authority and education. Sometimes they F**ked up and if you rely on their sanity to do "everything" for you, then you are a sheep without shepard.

One tip I can give when dealing with the U.S. government is "follow the process and watch the

language you use."

My experience with the Cambodian community is that many like to generalize the meaning of words.

For instance, I often hear people say "everything is over at the Khmer embassy," but they never explain what "everything" means. What's over at the Khmer embassy? Is it the K1 petition, K3 petition, the actual Visa, supporting documents, originals copies, duplicates, Packet3, Packet4, which VISA?

In the U.S., its citizens understand the power of asking questions. In Cambodia, its people understand the power of authority that promises to do everything for them. We have to be careful when using Cambodian practices in the United States.

Good luck to everyone. No offense intended. We are all learning together

**** filed K3/CR1 concurrently. My wife and I both work/live overseas. The following timeline continues from the approval of the K3 VISA.

Our journey
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115855

NVC rec'd 130/ assigned case# 5-15-08
Called to request online payment ID# 5-18-08
Rec'd ds 3032/AOS bill by USPS 5-19-08
Rec'd email Online ID# for payment of AOS and DS3032 5-21-08
Returned ds 3032 by USPS during wife visit to U.S. on K3--5-29-09
Paid AOS online: 7-05-09 ( While in Cambodia )
Rec'd email to pay IV bill 7-7-09
Paid IV bill online 7-08-09
Mailed I-864 2-16-10
I- 864 delivered 2-18-10
Mailed DS 230 2-22-10
Ds 230 delivered 2-24-10
AVR says "NVC is awaiting biographic info from petitioner" 2-24-10
AVR says, "NVC has received the info checklist requested." NVC HAS ENTERED DS-230 INTO COMPUTER 3-01-10
SIF: 3-08-10
AVR Case Complete: 3-09-10
Rec'd interview email/date: 3-15-10
Medical: 4-09-10
INTERVIEW( less than 5 minutes ): 4-26-10 APPROVED
Pickup Visa: 4-30-10
POE: LAX 5/31/10
Overnight REENTRY Permit app: 6/01/10
Rec'd SS: 6-10-10
Rec'd Welcome to USA Letter + Green Card Tracking #: 6-14-10
Rec'd NOA1 letter + receipt # for reentry permit: 6-14-10
Rec'd 10 Yr. GC: 6-21-10
Rec'd Bio appt for reentry permit 7-18-10 but changed to 6-28-10 thru INFOpass: 6-25-10
REentry touches: 9-6-10, 9-29-10, 10-4-10
Rec'd email Reentry mailed 10-07-10
Rec'd reentry permit 10-09-10 ( 4 mths 1 wk )

Naturalized 04/2016

Received US Passport 05/2016

• 2 months later...

Hi guys! It's me! the guy who posted this topic. I'm sorry for leaving you hanging. I'll tell you where I am now.

When I went to fix this problem, I needed to go home first. What I discovered is, The NVC never received my change of address. I was shocked. This whole time i was waiting, i did not make sure they have sent me a letter.

Anyways, they sent me a letter to my old address on september of 2007, stating that they require important documents (marriage certs, birth certs, copy of passport, police records, plus the english translation to them all). They said after they have receive this, they will schedule my wife's interview.

Notice, I did not used my attorney's help. All I did was picked up where she left off. currently, i am waiting for the original documents sent from cambodia. I can't really say they will schedule my wife's interview, but they did say that. So, I'm pretty happy now. Thanks for listening guys.

SPSguy? Thats pretty harsh. My attorney did her job, just not that good. She did her job because it hasn't failed. I never gave her a deadline, but it would have been nice if done in six months. A good friend of mine has reference my attorney to me. she said she was the best as long as you follow her instructions. That's the thing. I did fail to make her my representative of the case. I made myself the representative. Gave the NVC MY address. That's why all this time I'm waiting is my fault. So, blaming the attorney is wrong.

Then again, why did she tell me that the case has transfer to Cambodia? Hmm...

Hi guys! It's me! the guy who posted this topic. I'm sorry for leaving you hanging. I'll tell you where I am now.

When I went to fix this problem, I needed to go home first. What I discovered is, The NVC never received my change of address. I was shocked. This whole time i was waiting, i did not make sure they have sent me a letter.

Anyways, they sent me a letter to my old address on september of 2007, stating that they require important documents (marriage certs, birth certs, copy of passport, police records, plus the english translation to them all). They said after they have receive this, they will schedule my wife's interview.

Notice, I did not used my attorney's help. All I did was picked up where she left off. currently, i am waiting for the original documents sent from cambodia. I can't really say they will schedule my wife's interview, but they did say that. So, I'm pretty happy now. Thanks for listening guys.

SPSguy? Thats pretty harsh. My attorney did her job, just not that good. She did her job because it hasn't failed. I never gave her a deadline, but it would have been nice if done in six months. A good friend of mine has reference my attorney to me. she said she was the best as long as you follow her instructions. That's the thing. I did fail to make her my representative of the case. I made myself the representative. Gave the NVC MY address. That's why all this time I'm waiting is my fault. So, blaming the attorney is wrong.

Marine, go home fix this, and before you know it, your wife will be here. Your a ex-Marine your tough, sounds like hard part is over now that your problem is solved of why it took so long, its all going to be fine. Never give up, Never surrender!!

Paris Heart

"Daughter of a 30 year Marine"

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I just found this thread. I am glad to hear that your situation is getting sorted. I am however curious as to why you have to provide the important documents (marriage certs, copy passports, etc..) to the NVC when it should have already been provided as part of the I-130 and/or I-129F packets? Otherwise, they wouldn't have approve your case to the department of state.

I've been waiting for my petition to get approved and hope that I don't encounter the bottleneck you did. The waiting process is already long enough! "Sok-sa-by!!"

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-12-10

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-02-11

07/11/2008 - Approved for both I-129F and I-130 (e-mail)!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Ok now... I'm totally in a bind. My wife's interview date is October 23rd, which is in 5 days. :crying: DS 230 forms is missing and i'm trying to figure out when do they send that to me? Help!

P.S. : I'm filling one out right now on the Internet. Is that ok?

They dont send it to you. You send it to them. SPS is right. Educate yourself & you will experiance fewer problems.

You can defend your lawyer but you are living with the result of that thinking & effort. They sent your case to cambodia? Did you ask how she knew that? This lie alone should be enough to identify her expertise & attention to your case.

At least you accept your own responcibilty.

Isnt it interesting to go back & read all the B S put out by Consolmaster & others here? Her advise is completly wrong as you may see. They mean well but this is a complicated process & each case is unique. Just as yours is.

Consolmaster? for instance points out the cost of the embassy. What does that have to do with your case? She knows everyone in the embassy. What does that tell you about her knowledge? Sounds like she had her own awarness problems. She says like many that God has something to do with this. If so she shouldnt need to worry about anything.

I just get tired of these experts?

Send the 230 to your wife. Let her take it to the interview & hope they accept it. Your lawyer should have included it in the inital package. It is too late to send it to NVC with an interview in 5 days. If it was a show stopper they wouldnt schedual the interview at all.

I hope this all works out for you now. Semper Fi.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok now... I'm totally in a bind. My wife's interview date is October 23rd, which is in 5 days. :crying: DS 230 forms is missing and i'm trying to figure out when do they send that to me? Help!

P.S. : I'm filling one out right now on the Internet. Is that ok?

They dont send it to you. You send it to them. SPS is right. Educate yourself & you will experiance fewer problems.

You can defend your lawyer but you are living with the result of that thinking & effort. They sent your case to cambodia? Did you ask how she knew that? This lie alone should be enough to identify her expertise & attention to your case.

At least you accept your own responcibilty.

Isnt it interesting to go back & read all the B S put out by Consolmaster & others here? Her advise is completly wrong as you may see. They mean well but this is a complicated process & each case is unique. Just as yours is.

Consolmaster? for instance points out the cost of the embassy. What does that have to do with your case? She knows everyone in the embassy. What does that tell you about her knowledge? Sounds like she had her own awarness problems. She says like many that God has something to do with this. If so she shouldnt need to worry about anything.

I just get tired of these experts?

Send the 230 to your wife. Let her take it to the interview & hope they accept it. Your lawyer should have included it in the inital package. It is too late to send it to NVC with an interview in 5 days. If it was a show stopper they wouldnt schedual the interview at all.

I hope this all works out for you now. Semper Fi.

I agree, there are lots of so called experts here. everyone should be there own advocate from beginning to end. no one will look out for you like you will for yourself. and lawyers are the worst.

but kimhangsomaly has been here for 7 months and has not posted a timeline or anything that could help us help him or ourselves. why does anyone even bother to reply to him ?

POST YOUR TIMELINE AND KEEP IT UPDATED !!

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.