sophie_09

POE in SFO what to expect?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to All,

My POE is SFO, I just want to ask your SFO experiences? :DDo I need to hand carry my X-ray film and what questions did the immigration ask? I am flying via Philippine Airlines (PAL) on March 28.

Any invaluable information will greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks a lot! :wacko::star:

Pia

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Sophie,

I didn't hand carry my x-ray film with me and they didn't ask for it. There was a very very very looooong line at immigration when i arrived around noon but i flew with cathay pacific. It was a breeze, nothing to worry about. I didn't even do fingerscanning..the officer just asked me where we met and if I know about the 90 day period to get married.

Good luck!

DeeZee

AOS TIMELINE:

02.25.2008 Mailed AOS packet

03.04.2008 Check cashed

03.03.2008 NOA dates for I-485, EAD, AP

03.05.2008 Biometrics Appointment notice date

03.19.2008 Biometrics Appointment

03.22.2008 RFE for missing (2) I-864 pages :(

03.24.2008 RFE mailed back

03.31.2008 RFE received and case processing resumed

04.28.2008 AP approval notice (dated 04.25.08)

04.30.2008 EAD approved

05.02.2008 Received AP in mail

05.05.2008 Received EAD in mail

07.10.2008 Received Interview letter

08.15.2008 Interview: Approved

08.26.2008 Green Card received

mine was SF too and and yes it was a long line yet i think im the only with a k1 visa that time lol... questions are, who's my fiance, where he live, easy ones and reminded me to get married w/n 3 months, then finger scanning plus taking pic... i didnt hand-carry my x-ray film and they didnt ask me for it... i think san fran is a smooth one...good luck and happy trip!!! airport is big though so gota hassle if you've got a connecting flight! God bless!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

It was a short line for me and they did ask for my xray film but I hand carried it ( inside my wedding gown box) . The questions were easy and more of wedding plans . They will take your picture and fingerprints. Be sure that you have already filled up the I-94 before landing. Harrasment level is definitely ZERO. Joe flew to San Francisco to meet me there so it was easier. There was actually a big screen outside so he already saw me pushing my luggage cart even before I got out of the arrival area. Goodluck and happy trip

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline
It was a short line for me and they did ask for my xray film but I hand carried it ( inside my wedding gown box) . The questions were easy and more of wedding plans . They will take your picture and fingerprints. Be sure that you have already filled up the I-94 before landing. Harrasment level is definitely ZERO. Joe flew to San Francisco to meet me there so it was easier. There was actually a big screen outside so he already saw me pushing my luggage cart even before I got out of the arrival area. Goodluck and happy trip

What did they do with your x-ray after you provided it to them?

YMMV

They handed it back to me. I noticed that they compared the name on the xray envelope to the brown envelope I gave them. They didn't even look inside. The immigration officer did the same to the girl behind me who also arrived with K1 visa.

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

Timeline

They handed it back to me. I noticed that they compared the name on the xray envelope to the brown envelope I gave them. They didn't even look inside.

As expected, since they are not radiologists, there is nothing they can do with it....

YMMV

They handed it back to me. I noticed that they compared the name on the xray envelope to the brown envelope I gave them. They didn't even look inside.

As expected, since they are not radiologists, there is nothing they can do with it....

Very true. I guess that particular immigration officer just wanted to see if I followed the embassy instructions to hand carry it.

Removal of Conditions :

Here a link to photo of immigration station,

http://www.flysfo.com/web/export/sites/def...ior/112k8c1.jpg

my husband had a positive experience, no stress, I dont know about the xray thing however the immigration officer asked my husband: how we met, and she also asked him my address (In the United States),(I was not there with him, he flew to sfo by himself, Philippine Airlines also) Good luck

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Sorry, I didn't edit fast enough.

Edited:You may read other members' reviews of SFO as POE, just select San Francisco and click find entries.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php

I hand-carried my x-ray film but the immigration officer didn't bother to look at it. There was a short line when I arrived but it was quick. He took my picture and did finger scanning. No questions asked about me, my fiance or anything else except this: "Is K-1 visa an immigrant visa?"

I wasn't not sure if the IO was just being funny.

Good luck

Edited by krakatoa

like the other's, my wife's POE at SFO was hassle free. she was not asked for her xray, only asked a couple of questions, she did have her fingerprints scanned. as a another member mentioned, there are monitors in the arrival lobby which show the corridor leading to it. if your fiance is meeting you at SFO, as soon as he see's carts carrying balikbayan boxes, he'll know PAL is clearing customs and it's just a matter of minutes that you'll be together.

have a safe flight. :thumbs:

Be sure that you have already filled up the I-94 before landing.

What is this I-94 and how do we get this form?

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.