jook

I-129F info needed from my fiance

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to be so needy!

Would someone mind checking over my intended email to my fiance instructing her what info she needs to provide me with for the filing of the I-129F? Did I miss anything? [she is divorced and has a 7 year-old child that I will be petitioning to come to the US.] In regards to her divorce document, does she need to send me the original document? And the G-325a needs to be mailed to me with her signature, right?

Also, I've been trying without much success to find what acceptable proof of ID is for her. [she is a Colombian citizen.] Does she need a passport?

Lastly, my divorce will be final on April 4 barring any catastrophic event. Should I have her date any documents after this date?

So, the way this works is that I submit all this info with the I-129F?

I asked elsewhere and was told the best way to send and receive documents between the US & Colombia is DHL. Can someone confirm this?

Many thanks and apologies for being so dense.

----------

I need to know for both you and Alejandra:

1. name as it appears on legal documents

2. legal address

3. Place of birth -- town/city and country

4. date of birth

5. other names used

6. name of prior spouse

7. date marriage ended

-Provide document that your marriage was legally terminated

-complete the attached form G-325A

-send to me a passport-style color photograph. The photo must have a white background, be glossy, un-retouched and not mounted. The dimension of the full frontal facial image should be about one inch from your chin to the top of your hair.

Sorry to be so needy!

Would someone mind checking over my intended email to my fiance instructing her what info she needs to provide me with for the filing of the I-129F? Did I miss anything? [she is divorced and has a 7 year-old child that I will be petitioning to come to the US.] In regards to her divorce document, does she need to send me the original document? And the G-325a needs to be mailed to me with her signature, right?

Also, I've been trying without much success to find what acceptable proof of ID is for her. [she is a Colombian citizen.] Does she need a passport?

Lastly, my divorce will be final on April 4 barring any catastrophic event. Should I have her date any documents after this date?

So, the way this works is that I submit all this info with the I-129F?

I asked elsewhere and was told the best way to send and receive documents between the US & Colombia is DHL. Can someone confirm this?

----------

2. legal address

4. date of birth

5. other names used

6. name of prior spouse

7. date marriage ended

-send to me a passport-style color photograph. The photo must have a white background, be glossy, un-retouched and not mounted. The dimension of the full frontal facial image should be about one inch from your chin to the top of your hair.

I believe there were 2 photos needed and she shouldn't be wearing earrings or other accessories that distracts from her face.

And you need the copy of her birth certificate

and the copy of her passport

and a marriage statement were she would say that she intends to marry you 90 days uppon her arrival

as much as i remember

Good luck

.png

UURI.jpg

yep, it wasOne passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance(e). Write the full name of the foreign fiance(e) on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance(e) name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.

.png

UURI.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Sorry to be so needy!

Would someone mind checking over my intended email to my fiance instructing her what info she needs to provide me with for the filing of the I-129F? Did I miss anything? [she is divorced and has a 7 year-old child that I will be petitioning to come to the US.] In regards to her divorce document, does she need to send me the original document? You can send a copy and keep the original for the interview[/color

And the G-325a needs to be mailed to me with her signature, right? Yes. She needs to sign 4 copies

Also, I've been trying without much success to find what acceptable proof of ID is for her. [she is a Colombian citizen.] Does she need a passport? If she has one, you can send a copy of it. When I filed the i129F I sent a copy of my oficial identification in Mexico only. The passport is indispensable for the interview only.

Lastly, my divorce will be final on April 4 barring any catastrophic event. Should I have her date any documents after this date? I think the best choice is to wait until you get your divorce degree for file the I129F because USCIS can ask for it. Or well if you have a preliminar result or some letter that you're divorcing I think it would help, but its better that you call to USCIS for info if you don't want to wait

So, the way this works is that I submit all this info with the I-129F? Yes

----------

2. legal address

4. date of birth

5. other names used

6. name of prior spouse

7. date marriage ended

Edited by malego77

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.