Riccar08

I-134 questions?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone I have a few questions about the I-134 form.

Do I need to submit tax returns with my form? If I do can I just make copies of them,

or do I need to get them from the IRS?

For question 7.

Do I have to tell them about savings accounts, stocks and bonds, personal property, and life insurance?

My salary is over $40,000 and I am single never been married with no dependents,

and so is my fiance Carol.

With mortgage(s) or other encumbrance(s) thereon amounting to: $

What number are they wanting here? The amount of my original mortgage loan, or the amount

of principle I currently owe on my mortgage?

Thanks in advance,

Richie

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2007-12-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-12-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-11

NVC Left : 2008-03-26

Consulate Received : 2008-04-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-04-11

Interview Date : 2008-06-18 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2008-06-28

US Entry : 2008-07-16

Marriage : 2008-08-21

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Hi everyone I have a few questions about the I-134 form.

Do I need to submit tax returns with my form? If I do can I just make copies of them,

or do I need to get them from the IRS?

Tax returns and W2s or tax transcripts (can be ordered from the IRS for free)need to be submitted. Don't forget to add most recent pay stubs and a letter from your employer.

For question 7.

Do I have to tell them about savings accounts, stocks and bonds, personal property, and life insurance?

If you meet the poverty guidelines on income alone you do not need to provide any other documentation for assets, stocks, bonds, etc.

My salary is over $40,000 and I am single never been married with no dependents,

With mortgage(s) or other encumbrance(s) thereon amounting to: $

What number are they wanting here? The amount of my original mortgage loan, or the amount

of principle I currently owe on my mortgage? Not sure.

Thanks in advance,

Richie

:)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Sounds like you are all set.

Our Relationship

(09-27-06)Met in Hungary

(11-25-06)Fell in Love

(11-24-07)Met again in Hungary

(02-19-08)Met again in Hungary

K1 Visa Petition

(09-27-07)Preparing to send K1 Petition

(12-03-07)K1 Petition Sent US Postal Service

(12-11-07)Received NOA 1

(12-28-07)Touched

(03-11-08)Recieved NOA 2

(03-21-08)Recieved at NVC

(03-27-08)Sent from NVC

(04-02-08)Received Packet 3

(04-27-08)Medical Completed

(05-15-08)Received Packet 4

(05-29-08)Interview Date

(05-29-08)Visa given 40 mins after approval

(06-02-08)Arrival at the JFK and EAD given

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

NO :no: You only need to list assets if your income is below 125% povertyline.

One thing about I-134, the directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% or (100% for military) of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

You may want to read the P3 document issued by Manila, they tell you exactly what they prefer with the I-134.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfivk1.pdf

k. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. Submit your petitioner’s most recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included. A completed I-134 Affidavit of Support Form will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be financially responsible for you.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

If your income exceeds 125% or (100% for military) of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

whats the poverty line?

whats the poverty line?

check out this site http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/08fedreg.htm

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
whats the poverty line?

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/08poverty.shtml

Its based on the number of people residing with or being supported by the sponsor. Generally speaking you need to make 125% of the poverty line to not require a co-sponsor. By the way the people who can live with that little money - wow! Most people can't - Good luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Can I have some money? :lol:

Congratulations on your engagement :)

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Timeline
whats the poverty line?

Its based on the number of people residing with or being supported by the sponsor. Generally speaking you need to make 125% of the poverty line to not require a co-sponsor. By the way the people who can live with that little money - wow! Most people can't - Good luck

ok, i went to the site, let me see if i understand correctly.

When my fiance gets here ( California) , it will be me, her and her son living here so that's three people.

the graph shows $17,600 is the amount of the poverty threshold for the contiguous u.s.

so that means I need to make $17,600 * 125% or (17600*1.25) = $22,000 gross income in order to qualify?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
whats the poverty line?

ok, i went to the site, let me see if i understand correctly.

When my fiance gets here ( California) , it will be me, her and her son living here so that's three people.

the graph shows $17,600 is the amount of the poverty threshold for the contiguous u.s.

so that means I need to make $17,600 * 125% or (17600*1.25) = $22,000 gross income in order to qualify?

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.pdf <----- this is the USCIS website for poverty guidelines.

Yes, you are correct in that you need to meet this level of income for three people. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.