Shari

I-751 Check Cashed by TSC - Will It Stay There?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
:goofy: Hi all! Our check was cashed yesterday and the image on the back shows it was deposited into the TSC's bank account. Does this mean it is staying at the Texas Service Center? I thought TSC was transferring theirs out and and I saw where someone else sent their package to one service center but another service center actually cashed the check as it was transferred. All I know is under the stamp showing it was deposited to the TSC account, it is written "VLC_ _" and then underneath is our case number (I assume), "SRC_ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ , but it is not showing up yet on the USCIS site (yes, I know it's a little early). Can anyone give me any insight? Thanks! :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

04/08/05 . . . . Sent I-129F to TSC

08/31/05 . . . . London Interview - APPROVED

AOS PROCESS:

10/06/05 . . . . Sent AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago Lockbox

05/16/06 . . . . APPROVED.

REMOVING CONDITIONS PROCESS:

03/03/08 . . . . Sent I-751 packet to TSC.

02/27/09 . . . . APPROVED.

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

05/21/12 . . . . Sent N-400 packet to Dallas lockbox

09/11/12 . . . . Interview in Atlanta. Oath ceremony same day. Keith is a U.S. Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
:goofy: Hi all! Our check was cashed yesterday and the image on the back shows it was deposited into the TSC's bank account. Does this mean it is staying at the Texas Service Center? I thought TSC was transferring theirs out and and I saw where someone else sent their package to one service center but another service center actually cashed the check as it was transferred. All I know is under the stamp showing it was deposited to the TSC account, it is written "VLC_ _" and then underneath is our case number (I assume), "SRC_ _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ , but it is not showing up yet on the USCIS site (yes, I know it's a little early). Can anyone give me any insight? Thanks! :goofy:

I think you may be on the cutting edge here.

The service centers to which TSC had been transferring petitions (i.e., CSC and more recently VSC) were the ones that cashed the checks.

It could mean that TSC is logging in the petitions now and then transferring them (kind of like they ultimately did with ours, only it took them ten months to transfer).

Then again, it could mean that TSC is now starting to keep I-751s for processing there.

If that's the case, you have my deepest sympathies . . . .

Meh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Shari, the same thing happened with our petition it shows cashed at TSC and I have not gotten any paperwork from anyone. I got the information and a case number from the back of our check and it has not been found in the system when I try to check it. I am praying it will show in a week if I am lucky. Good luck.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So... assuming they got the check the day after you mailed it... they probably got it March 4th?????

I know they got my package on March 5th.... and the check has not been cashed yet...

And they got another package from Kathryn41 on March 3rd and that was cashed yesterday...

So here's fingers crossed I'll have my reference number tomorrow!!!

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

04/09/08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter.

04/18/08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am.

04/18/08 - Transferred to Vermont from TSC

06/16/08 - Online Status reports transfer received by Vermont

11/03/08 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/13/09 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/20/09 - Approved!

01/26/09 - New Card Received!

N-400 Process

=============

12/29/08 - Application mailed to TSC

12/30/08 - Arrived at TSC - Forwarded to Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

12/31/08 - Arrived at Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

02/28/09 - Interview Letter Received

04/06/09 - Naturalization interview

04/06/09 - Interview Passed!

04/22/09 - Oath Ceremony!

04/22/09 - US Citizen at Last!

Timeline
Shari, the same thing happened with our petition it shows cashed at TSC and I have not gotten any paperwork from anyone. I got the information and a case number from the back of our check and it has not been found in the system when I try to check it. I am praying it will show in a week if I am lucky. Good luck.

Mary

:goofy: Mary,

We will have to keep in touch since our dates are close to the same and see if we stay in Texas or get transferred out. Good luck! :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

09/11/12 . . . . Interview in Atlanta. Oath ceremony same day. Keith is a U.S. Citizen!

Timeline

So... assuming they got the check the day after you mailed it... they probably got it March 4th?????

I know they got my package on March 5th.... and the check has not been cashed yet...

And they got another package from Kathryn41 on March 3rd and that was cashed yesterday...

So here's fingers crossed I'll have my reference number tomorrow!!!

:goofy: Jamieswith - We sent our package on Monday, March 3rd by overnight mail and it was supposed to be delivered by noon but the receipt said someone signed for it at 5 a.m. on March 5th, Wednesday. Anyhow, it was cashed on the 12th, yesterday, so maybe yours will be cashed today. Good luck! :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

If it says VLC_____, I'd assume it's at Vermont already....is that the Vermont prefix?

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

If it says VLC_____, I'd assume it's at Vermont already....is that the Vermont prefix?

Vermont is EAC.

Meh

Timeline

Vermont is EAC.

what's VLC then? What's SRC even? LOL

Edited by Sister Fracas

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Vermont is EAC.

what's VLC then? What's SRC even? LOL

SRC ? It depends on who you ask - if you ask USCIS they'll tell you it's the prefix for the Texas Service Center...

If you ask most of the TSC victims they'll tell you it stands for "Slow and Really #######"

I-751 Process

=============

03/11/08 - Check Cashed by TSC, invalid SRC# on back along with a VLCXX reference.

03/31/08 - Had infopass appointment, got I-551 stamp and Trackable receipt number

04/09/08 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter.

04/18/08 - Biometrics Appointment 10am.

04/18/08 - Transferred to Vermont from TSC

06/16/08 - Online Status reports transfer received by Vermont

11/03/08 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/13/09 - Online Status Shows Touched!

01/20/09 - Approved!

01/26/09 - New Card Received!

N-400 Process

=============

12/29/08 - Application mailed to TSC

12/30/08 - Arrived at TSC - Forwarded to Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

12/31/08 - Arrived at Nat. Ben. Ctr, TX

01/02/09 - Priority Date

01/05/09 - NOA1 Mailed

01/06/09 - Check Cashed

01/09/09 - NOA1 Received (Priority Date of 01/02/09, Some data missing from form)

01/10/09 - Case Touched!

01/27/09 - Duplicate NOA1 Received (Missing Data filled in, was mailed on 01/24/09)

02/28/09 - Interview Letter Received

04/06/09 - Naturalization interview

04/06/09 - Interview Passed!

04/22/09 - Oath Ceremony!

04/22/09 - US Citizen at Last!

Timeline
:goofy: So no one really knows what "VLC" stands for written above the case number on the back of the check? Jameswith said Kathryn41 had her check cashed on the 3rd. We need to find out if the back of her check also has VLC. :goofy:

K1 PROCESS:

AOS PROCESS:

CITIZENSHIP PROCESS:

Timeline
SRC ? It depends on who you ask - if you ask USCIS they'll tell you it's the prefix for the Texas Service Center...

If you ask most of the TSC victims they'll tell you it stands for "Slow and Really #######"

LOL :thumbs:

hmmm, I guess Nebraska's "LIN" then is really "Lost in Nonsense"

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED

Filed: Timeline

Odd :huh: . When our check, mailed to Nebraska, got cashed and I looked at the check image online it clearly had California Service Center written on the stamp not an abbreviation.

Removing Conditioins

02/25/08 Mailed I751

03/05/08 Check cashed by Californice Service Center not Nebraska!

03/07/08 Got NOA1 Dated 02/27/08

03/15/08 Biometrics Letter rec'd

03/31/08 Biometrics Done

06/03/08 Got Approval Email

06/10/08 Gr. Card Received!

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and nothing I say should be taken as legal advice, only an opinion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Shari,

Will be glad to keep in touch with you during this time.

Mary

:goofy: Mary,

We will have to keep in touch since our dates are close to the same and see if we stay in Texas or get transferred out. Good luck! :goofy:

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.