mena babies

59 posts in this topic

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

For some reason Ayman was dead set against an English name for our son. We had to compromise though...I said ok, Arabic name for a son and possibly an Enlgish name for a daughter. If Malek was to be a girl his name was going to be Olivia or Rana...so we had both picked out just waiting to see what she looked like. I'm glad we chose Malek because of naming the other 4 names after his father then a commonly used English name would have just not sounded right with Ayman's name.

Timeline
Do not scoop litter when pregnant....Dont even get close to dirty litter....It can cause severe deformation...my nurse discussed it with me at my 1st doc appt...Kitty litter...Not good!!

ps.....Baby Zane has now been changed to Zaid...Didnt any of u arab know Zane is a girls name? My hubby and I had no idea til the family laughed when they asked what we wanted to name him....lol.....Sooo Zaid it is....only a few weeks left...

Way to cool Zaid, we had that one picked out...good choice there!!!

Bridg...no kitty litter dear! Let the kids change the pan if you have one.

everytime i look at your new pic of malek it looks like he's praying :luv:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

the only logic for us having an arabic boys name is when my husband and i see fellow arabic people, they will now call us Abu Zaid and Om Zaid....i think it would be kinda funny if someone was calling my hubby Abu John or something u know?

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline
Do not scoop litter when pregnant....Dont even get close to dirty litter....It can cause severe deformation...my nurse discussed it with me at my 1st doc appt...Kitty litter...Not good!!

ps.....Baby Zane has now been changed to Zaid...Didnt any of u arab know Zane is a girls name? My hubby and I had no idea til the family laughed when they asked what we wanted to name him....lol.....Sooo Zaid it is....only a few weeks left...

Way to cool Zaid, we had that one picked out...good choice there!!!

Bridg...no kitty litter dear! Let the kids change the pan if you have one.

everytime i look at your new pic of malek it looks like he's praying :luv:

He sure is praying that daddy will come home soon and that all of these good people here will get their visas here very soon!! I love that pic, he was sleeping so sweetly which lately hasn't been the situation :blink::blush:

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

We've been thinking a lot about baby names--and since we are not going to find out if we're having a boy or a girl, I guess we will be considering a lot of options!

I think we will also be trying to find a name that works in both cultures. Arabic girl names are fabulous, but boy names are a little harder--my husband seems to veto most of them (he doesn't want his future son to be hassled for having a suspicious name).

Too bad Berber names sound so unusual to American ears...

The babies are beautiful!!! Can't wait to add our MENA baby to the growing nursery! :luv:

BTW, anyone have any idea how many VJ MENA babies there are out there?

Cheers,

Carolyn

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow all the babies are so cute and so small I have forgotten how small they could be. It is interesting to hear how some of the babies names have came about. Me and my husband are at the point of thinking of some names and we seem to agree not to agree on any right now! Good luck with the new and upcoming babies.

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

Filed: Timeline

If you're exposed to kitty litter before getting pg then it's likely that you've been exposed to toxoplasmosis and it shouldn't cause a problem. I changed kitty litter plenty during my first and second pregnancies and both babies were fine, thank God. I live on the edge. :D

Edited by moody

If you're exposed to kitty litter before getting pg then it's likely that you've been exposed to toxoplasmosis and it shouldn't cause a problem. I changed kitty litter plenty during my first and second pregnancies and both babies were fine, thank God. I live on the edge. :D

:thumbs: yeah, the same dangers apply to handling uncooked meat, etc., and no one says to stop cooking when yr pregnant. meticulous handwashing is the key. but that's true all the time, pregnant or not.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Had my first "getting to the end " doctors appt today, you know the kind where the doc violates ya...lol...well...bad news, im completely closed still...so, the doc says ive got a few weeks left to go...i was really hoping to go early, with all this swelling and misery, but it doesnt look like Mr Zaid wants to come out just yet, so til then we will wait..

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

LOL me too, I was told that if you have had cats for any length of time in all probability you have already been exposed. I TRIED my hardest to one of the other slackers around here to do the cat boxes all the time but it just wasnt happening every time so I did it and yes, washed washed washed (I'm a little compulsive about that anyway :) )

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline

LOL me too, I was told that if you have had cats for any length of time in all probability you have already been exposed. I TRIED my hardest to one of the other slackers around here to do the cat boxes all the time but it just wasnt happening every time so I did it and yes, washed washed washed (I'm a little compulsive about that anyway :) )

we need a new picture!!! :angry:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
sara, i cant believe your daughter is already 5 mnoths old...

I CANT EITHER! the time just flies by. it makes me a little sad.

(new pic today or tomorrow, she has shots today so I dont know if I will get to it yet)

by the way Kelly, I love the name zaid :)

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.