Paul S

I-129 filing

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi...how is everybody doin? I need help in my filling out my I-129 to petition for my fiance from India to come to the USA so we can get married. I recently visited india with my parents in februry 2008 Through my parents i was introduced to my fiance in india where we met only twice and spent some time together, but we did not get engaged in india and did not take any photographs with each other. We got engaged once I came back to the united states, and our only contact has been through the phone since we have been back in the united states. I do have my boarding pass and passport which shows my visit to india. Will they require pictures of us both together when i send the petition in? and what is a letter of intent they are askin for from me and my fiance? any examples ? do i need to also add a cover letter? also any examples. I currently am stayin in touch with my fiance over the phone, but i usually make the calls with calling cards due to the fact of how expensive itnernational calls over regular cell phones or land lines... or do i need to start using my own phone to prove our conversations?

Will it help my case if i applied for my petition now and maybe made a trip back to india and spent some more time with my fiance and had pictures taken after i already sent the petition in?

would greatly appreciate the quick response because i woudl not like to delay my petition application, due to the fact the logner i wait the longer its goin to take.

good luck and thanks to everybody :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

One thing I can tell you - go to www.pingo.com - you can keep track of your call history and billing and its dirt cheap to call india!!!!!!

Starting over -

I-130

01-08-09 - Mailed I-130

01-09-09 - VSC received I-130 application

01-14-09 - Date of NOA1

01-20-09 - Received NOA1 for I-130

06-17-09 - I-130 Approval

06-22-09 - Received NOA2 for I-130

NVC

07-11-09 - Emailed DS-3032

07-11-09 - Paid AOS Fee $70.00

07-23-09 - DS-3032 Accepted via. Email

08-15-09 - Paid IV Fee $400.00

09-14-09 - Mailed I-864 Package

09-14-09 - Mailed IV DS-230 Package

09-28-09 - Email FROM NVC stating that both forms were incomplete

10-09-09 - NVC Received both forms corrected

10-20-09 - Case Complete at NVC

10-29-09 - CR-1 Interview Date scheduled for 12-23-09

12-23-09 - Placed under Admin Review for six weeks - 2-3-10

01-14-10 - Visa Refused

06-02-10 - USCIS Received the package back from the Embassy

09-18-10 - Hindi Wedding Ceremony

09-28-10 - Recieved Letter from USCIS Stating reasons for revocation

10-01-10 - Returned Package to USCIS will further evidence disputing the reasons the Embassy gave for revocation

11-17-10 - DS 230 and Immigrant Information Sheet returned to the Embassy

12-15-10 - Appointment Letter mailed out setting the interview Date for Feb 7th 2011

02-07-11 - 3rd Interview with the Embassy after USCIS reaffirmed the case

02-09-11 - Visa issued

02-11-11 - Traveled back to the USA - and our journey is finally over! A total of 3.5 years!

Hey Paul and welcome to VJ! :)

Congrats on your engagement!

This is an exciting and crazy time, work together through the process, you'll be fine!

First, Pictures are secondary evidence, they don't prove anything. Pictures can be faked.

You have the best proof in your possession. Your boarding pass and stamp in your passport showing you went to India. Photocopy those and put them in your petition.

Any examples are in the K1 Guide here at VJ.

They show examples of the Letter of Intent and all the other forms needed to file.

Phone conversations are also secondary evidence at this point, save those for the interview. Sending a few won't hurt your petition but what you really need to prove is that you have met at least once in the last 2 years prior to filing.

Any visits will help your case....visit as much as you can! :)

Best of luck!

~Laura

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi :)

We were basically in the same situation when we filed our K1.

-We only met for 4 days (by accident) and did not decide to pursue a relationship until I had been back in the US for a few weeks.

-We didn't get officially engaged until after we had filed the K1 when I went back to visit.

-We had no pictures together and so I could not include that in our petition.

-By some divine intervention I had my boarding passes.

-I didn't have my passport stamps because my passport was being renewed.

-I did have my sisters write affidavits stating that we had met and that they saw us together.

-I had some phone records (try and use a phone service that will give you easy access to call logs) and text message logs and a couple of e-mails that I sent to prove that we had talked since I had come back.

It looks like you have more than I did :thumbs:

All in all some pretty scrappy evidence but it met the requirements. No pictures, just boarding passes, and with the help from VJ, no RFEs :)

Good luck :)

Edited by ZeeNusah

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.