aravis227

February filers at CSC

1,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It takes a bit longer for CSC petitions to get way over here to NH. It could very well be in the building and just not into the system yet. You'll have your new case # once it's in there. Don't start to panic just yet. ;)

Cheers. I'm remaining calm. I can't be too much of a brat while others are still waiting for their approvals...

Conditions removed May 2011

AOS interview and approval 21 April 2009

----------------------

Filed I-129F petition CSC 12 Feb 2008

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

NVC send to London 19 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Interview 29 October 2008

Visa delivered 1 November 2008

POE Seattle 2 November 2008

Wedding 29 November

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

this may sound like a silly question this late in the game, but what is DOS? I know what the computer part called DOS is, but not what we are referring to here! :D I know--I should know all the acronyms by now! :bonk:

Jan 26, 2012...mailed N-400 for wife

Feb 2, 2012..check cashed

Feb 3, 2012 NOA email and text message

Feb 7, 2012 NOA hard copy in mail

March 14, 2012 email stating in line for interview scheduling

March 15, 2012 email stating the interview was scheduled and we should be receiving the letter

3-17 interview letter in the mail--scheudled for 4-19-12

4-19 Wife passed interview! Oath to be scheduled

5-24 Oath ceremony! new US citizen

Timeline
this may sound like a silly question this late in the game, but what is DOS? I know what the computer part called DOS is, but not what we are referring to here! :D I know--I should know all the acronyms by now! :bonk:

Department of State - but I confess I don't know how it relates to NVC and CIS :blink:

----------------------

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Wedding 29 November

Timeline

Department of State - but I confess I don't know how it relates to NVC and CIS :blink:

D'OH! I guess I should have known that one. I do not know how it relates to this situation, either.

March 15, 2012 email stating the interview was scheduled and we should be receiving the letter

NVC and CIS are both subdivisions of the DOS. :) CIS used to be INS and they were their own agency. Then they made the INS a part of the DOS and changed it's name to CIS...that's one of the major overhauls that happened in the last couple of years that was supposed to "speed up" the process. <_<

Edited by aravis227

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Timeline

NVC and CIS are both subdivisions of the DOS. :) CIS used to be INS and they were their own agency. Then they made the INS a part of the DOS and changed it's name to CIS...that's one of the major overhauls that happened in the last couple of years that was supposed to "speed up" the process. <_<

:wacko: thanks for explaining!

Actually the National Visa Center is a Department of State facility that supports the worldwide operations of the Bureau of Consular Affairs Visa Office. And as we all know the NVC processes immigrant visa petitions from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for people who will apply for their immigrant visas at embassies and consulates abroad.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Timeline
Actually the National Visa Center is a Department of State facility that supports the worldwide operations of the Bureau of Consular Affairs Visa Office. And as we all know the NVC processes immigrant visa petitions from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for people who will apply for their immigrant visas at embassies and consulates abroad.

Thanks! and Thanks to all who help out here. I think there would be SO MANY people completely lost in this process if it were not for the goodwill and goodwishes of the great members here at VJ. I salute you all and wish happiness forever! :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Actually, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The Department of State (DOS) is at the same level as DHS. Both the National Visa Center (NVC) and the U.S. Embassies in foreign countries are under the DOS. :)

That's why I've been saying that I'm happy I'm no longer dealing with the USCIS and am now dealing with the DOS.....at least until it's time for AOS (adjustment of status). :)

Isn't it all perfectly clear? ;)

Timeline

Actually, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The Department of State (DOS) is at the same level as DHS. Both the National Visa Center (NVC) and the U.S. Embassies in foreign countries are under the DOS. :)

That's why I've been saying that I'm happy I'm no longer dealing with the USCIS and am now dealing with the DOS.....at least until it's time for AOS (adjustment of status). :)

my head hurts now! :jest:

my head hurts now! :jest:

Mine, too! :wacko: I thought I finally understood it all. Blegh...

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

Timeline

Ah, so that explains (maybe) why DOS won't help track down CIS numbers, only NVC numbers. I wonder if anyone has ever tried ringing DHS? :wacko: I'm not going to, I'm too tired.

----------------------

NOA2 18 Jul 2008

NVC receipt letter 4 Aug

Packet 3 13 Sept

Packet 4 received 6 Oct

Wedding 29 November

Timeline
Ah, so that explains (maybe) why DOS won't help track down CIS numbers, only NVC numbers. I wonder if anyone has ever tried ringing DHS? :wacko: I'm not going to, I'm too tired.

At this point, it seems about all that you can do is to continue to call the NVC to find out if they've got it. When you talk to someone, you will give them your CIS receipt number to see if they have your file. If they do, then they can give you the new case number they've assigned to it. I hope that your file gets there more quickly than mine did! It seems that most get there from the CSC in just a few days (after approval).

Mine finally got there yesterday. This afternoon, I received word that the NVC sent it on to Moscow today! As I had hoped, once my petition left the "clutches" of the USCIS-CSC, things are beginning to move much more quickly! Now, we'll see if we can get the interview date we're wanting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance called up NVC this morning and he talked with a very rude lady and he was told that they don't have our case # yet and that it normally takes 90 days before they receive papers from USCIS. It sucks because we waited 164 days for NOA2 and now we have to wait another 90 days again for case #....I told my fiance not to believe her and I asked him to keep calling every other day until he gets the case #. Do you guys think this will work? This is another battle again but I'm still thankful that we already have our NOA2 and I keep praying for those who have not been approved.

"We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" Romans 8:28

[/url]

Timeline
My fiance called up NVC this morning and he talked with a very rude lady and he was told that they don't have our case # yet and that it normally takes 90 days before they receive papers from USCIS. It sucks because we waited 164 days for NOA2 and now we have to wait another 90 days again for case #....I told my fiance not to believe her and I asked him to keep calling every other day until he gets the case #. Do you guys think this will work? This is another battle again but I'm still thankful that we already have our NOA2 and I keep praying for those who have not been approved.

The standard answer for the NVC operators is that "it normally takes 2-4 weeks for the petition to get here", and they might tell you that it could take up to 90 days. That's what they're instructed to say, but it's bull. For the most part, it currently seems that approved petitions from the CSC are getting to the NVC in less than a week. There are exceptions. Mine took 20 days, and, for some reason beyond my comprehension, some take 1-2 months or more. Your fiance is free to call as often as he wants to. I would suggest at least once a day. Some of the operators are rude. Some are very nice, and some are somewhere in between. Hang in there! If it doesn't get there in couple of weeks, I would suggest that your fiance get his Congressman or Senator to look into what's going on. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.