tung1965

questions about blue, green slip?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Dear vietnamese related friends @ visajourney.com

As you know, my fiancee get blue then green after her interview. I just called CHCM info unit last week and they told me just wait because the case is pending. I have some questions just wonder if someone can help:

1- The blue slip only requested petitioner and beneficiary's parent birth certificates, fiancee's ex infomation, 2 electronic DS 156. Does that mean through all of the evidences, our relationship is OK because they didn't ask for timeline or something like that?

2- The reason they asked for our parent's birth certificates because my last name is same as her mother last name? how can they tell if someone are relatives just by checking their parent birth certificate? since millions of vietnamese have the same last name : nguyen, tran, dang ........?

3- My fiancee divorced in 2004 -- not over 5 years, i guess-- so they asked for her - ex information. Do they verify that information? if so, usually how long will it take for them to do that?

anything, greatly appreciate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

1 and 2. Nobody knows the answer to this question for sure. They didn't ask for your timeline yet, for I have a feeling that they have doubts toward the legitimatecy of your case. Are your last names the same? (Le's, Nguyen's, Tran's etc.) Americans still believe if you have the same last name, there is a good chance you two are related and you know how they feel about relatives fake their marriage to sponsor each other to America. So how do they know for sure? They ask for each individual's parents' BC document. Hopefully, your parents and hers don't have the same last names, not from the same village/farm, because that may bring up more redflag. I know it meaningless to some case but that is one of the tools HCMC uses to weed out the frauds that come by their desk every month! Obtain the requested document and resubmit without further delay!

2. I didn't see until now that you have the same last name as her mom. You seriously don't think HCMC would hold you up for this? The good news is, it happens before and it is NOT a huge problem to overcome.

3. Yes, they will verify the information you provide. Yes, the damage can be extensive if they call the ex-husband and says: We are HCMC staff, is your wife ("Tung's Fiance") home? and the ex-husband says "Yes my wife is home". Guess what they will do? Delay/deny your case for further review. Do not underestimate HCMC's ability to investigate the information you submit, if you say you don't know where her exhusband is, that could be an OK answer but never lie to them when you do know where he is. HCMC doesn't like when people lie to them.

Tung, please do not take this as word of discouragement but as my way of saying: be prepared for the worse case scenario. Even when the worse case scenario happens, you can not do a dawn thing about it but at least you know it's coming your way :) Stay focus ok, this is ONLY a part of the whole journey, this Divorce paper and information clarification process, just another task to get your fiance a visa to come here... just do it!

Edited by chuckandkim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.