Zamo95

finally interview is over guys

74 posts in this topic

Simo and Carrie, congratulations on a good interview and thanks for passing on your experience. I have shown your post to Ahmed and we both found it very helpful. :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebecca, no one said the Consulate was doing things perfectly and neither of us said that those who's petitions were returned were justifiably done so. I think we all know things are not perfect in Casa. Until one of us on VJ has a job working as a CO, none of us can say specifically what goes on there for sure. I also don't think he ever said if you followed his advice your petition would never be returned. After all, we could have just as easliy been returned too, all he is trying to say is be prepared!

Carrie,

I never said Simo said any of those things you are pointing out to me. However, Simo did say "when somthing goes wrong it's not consulars it is you or petition or not enough proofs", and I thought it was an appropriate time to point out that the consulate is not always doing what they should. There are new people coming on here all the time and not everyone is going to know what is going at the consulate, especially since many who have had their petitions returned are no longer very active on here because they are understandably focused on getting their petitions reaffirmed. All Kiya's great information is now several pages back. I think in addition to interview strategies, it is important for people also to be prepared for what they may face with the consulate in regards to returning petitions. I appreciate Simo posting his interview and I wish there had been information like that available when we had our interview - but I think knowing what the consulate is capable of is also important. It isn't an attack on Simo and I hope it isn't perceived that way - it is putting information out there that I feel is important.

Rebecca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Rebecca, no one said the Consulate was doing things perfectly and neither of us said that those who's petitions were returned were justifiably done so. I think we all know things are not perfect in Casa. Until one of us on VJ has a job working as a CO, none of us can say specifically what goes on there for sure. I also don't think he ever said if you followed his advice your petition would never be returned. After all, we could have just as easliy been returned too, all he is trying to say is be prepared!

Carrie,

I never said Simo said any of those things you are pointing out to me. However, Simo did say "when somthing goes wrong it's not consulars it is you or petition or not enough proofs", and I thought it was an appropriate time to point out that the consulate is not always doing what they should. There are new people coming on here all the time and not everyone is going to know what is going at the consulate, especially since many who have had their petitions returned are no longer very active on here because they are understandably focused on getting their petitions reaffirmed. All Kiya's great information is now several pages back. I think in addition to interview strategies, it is important for people also to be prepared for what they may face with the consulate in regards to returning petitions. I appreciate Simo posting his interview and I wish there had been information like that available when we had our interview - but I think knowing what the consulate is capable of is also important. It isn't an attack on Simo and I hope it isn't perceived that way - it is putting information out there that I feel is important.

Rebecca

Well I appologize Rebecca for seeming snappy. What you have said, I COMPLETELY agree with. If it had not been for Kiya and everyone else's great information and research, we would have had no clue what to expect either. Again, I appologize because you are right, everyone needs to go in prepared for things to go either way...good or bad.

goCsm4.png

photo22-1-1.jpg

AF3Cm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have to say MABRUK to Carrie and Simo!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Simo:

Shokran for sharing your experience, this is what we all come to VJ for...to learn. I know you and Carrie have the best of intentions. Please know that the information you provided regarding your experience will help someone along the line.

vanillabean:

I had to jump in here. While I do appreciate the recognition of cases like mine who have been returned, I feel your posts to Simo and Carrie were way out of line. I feel in no way Simo's post was a 'dis' to any of us whose petitions have been returned. I happen to personally know for a fact that Carrie and Simo are BOTH very aware of what has happened in my case and other cases who have been returned, they both have the best intentions.

In no way is it unappropriate to prepare for the interview...quite the opposite, it is ignorant not to. If I knew half of what I know now, we would have prepared for our interview a little differently. I would beg to differ if you say you would not have prepared for your husband's interview if you were in our shoes.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Carrie,

Rebecca

Well I appologize Rebecca for seeming snappy. What you have said, I COMPLETELY agree with. If it had not been for Kiya and everyone else's great information and research, we would have had no clue what to expect either. Again, I appologize because you are right, everyone needs to go in prepared for things to go either way...good or bad.

:thumbs:

I have to say MABRUK to Carrie and Simo!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Simo:

Shokran for sharing your experience, this is what we all come to VJ for...to learn. I know you and Carrie have the best of intentions. Please know that the information you provided regarding your experience will help someone along the line.

vanillabean:

I had to jump in here. While I do appreciate the recognition of cases like mine who have been returned, I feel your posts to Simo and Carrie were way out of line. I feel in no way Simo's post was a 'dis' to any of us whose petitions have been returned. I happen to personally know for a fact that Carrie and Simo are BOTH very aware of what has happened in my case and other cases who have been returned, they both have the best intentions.

In no way is it unappropriate to prepare for the interview...quite the opposite, it is ignorant not to. If I knew half of what I know now, we would have prepared for our interview a little differently. I would beg to differ if you say you would not have prepared for your husband's interview if you were in our shoes.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Kiya... thank you! That was exactly what I was trying to say...

Wishing you the best! Happy Belated Birthday!

Each case is different... and for many unknown reasons - the CO chooses to deny or approve the visa...

ANY AND ALL INFORMATION gathered from couples going through this consulate is needed and appreciated...

I would rather be prepared and know what to expect... as I am sure any number of couples would agree...

I don't want to fight or argue with anyone... I only want my habibi with me here so that we can live our life together in peace.

Wishing EVERYONE a successful journey through the Middle East!

Lynne

Edited by Dixie_Peach

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Carrie,

No need to apologize. I think we all want the same thing - for people to be prepared. I wish Kiya's information would have been pinned, if not at the top of this forum, in the guides or somewhere. I know when I joined here, I didn't dig into old posts and I don't think most people do. It stinks that this great information has been made available, and it now has to be searched for. If people know in advance, they can try to take immediate action. I wonder what that nasty CO would do if she tried to hand someone a 221(g) with intent to return, and they said "well, I know for a fact that you are supposed to give me the reasons and an opportunity to overcome" and had a printout to prove it. Might just piss her off - who knows.

Rebecca

Timeline

Carrie,

No need to apologize. I think we all want the same thing - for people to be prepared. I wish Kiya's information would have been pinned, if not at the top of this forum, in the guides or somewhere. I know when I joined here, I didn't dig into old posts and I don't think most people do. It stinks that this great information has been made available, and it now has to be searched for. If people know in advance, they can try to take immediate action. I wonder what that nasty CO would do if she tried to hand someone a 221(g) with intent to return, and they said "well, I know for a fact that you are supposed to give me the reasons and an opportunity to overcome" and had a printout to prove it. Might just piss her off - who knows.

Rebecca

Alhamdulillah...you are so right on the nose. I tried so hard to get the 221g Returned Petitions issue pinned. It was apparent to me that while the admins of this board do care...they felt it was not an important enough of an issue to actually 'pin'.

Everyone going through the moroccan consulate for an interview needs to know exactly what they are capable of. I would love to see the face on this CO if anyone receiving the 221g stating their petition and application has been returned says to her: "May I ask why our file is being returned? According to the guidelines stated in the 9 FAM, I know for a fact you are supposed to give me the reason why in writing as well as the opportunity to answer any additional questions you might have regarding this reason BEFORE issuing this 221g and returning the petition in an attempt to give the every possible opportunity to overcome the question and/or reason."

Returning K Petitions

9 FAM 42.43, N2 9 FAM 42.43, N2, "When to Return Petitions," N3 "Returning Petitions" and PN1 "Returning Petitions for Possible Revocation" and 9 FAM 41.81 N6.6 "Additional Factors That May Raise Questions in K-1 Cases."

As stated in the above telegraph to consuls:

6. In adjudicating visa cases involving petitions, posts should bear in mind three important factors: A. the consular officer''s role in the petition process is to determine if there is substantial evidence relevant to petition validity not previously considered by DHS, and not to merely readjudicate the petition; B. the memo supporting the petition return must clearly show the factual and concrete reasons for recommending revocation (observations made by the consular officer cannot be conclusive, speculative, equivocal or rrelevant) and; C. consular officers must provide to the applicant in writing as full an explanation as possible of the legal and factual basis for the visa denial and petition return. Post must maintain a copy of the returned petition, other evidence relevant to the case, and a copy of the written notification of the denial.

No readjudication of petitions

Clearly the consulate in Morocco is not doing this...some people get the blanket statement that the petition has been returned...no reason. Some people get the statement saying "for further review of the validity of relationship" which by the way is not a reason why...as this could apply to everyone. If we knew then what we know now the interview may have ended differently, I don't know...however, he would have pushed harder and may have gotten an actual reason out of her...maybe he could have overcome it, who knows.

Sorry to hijack this thread. :innocent:

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Edited by Kiya

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

Filed: Timeline

Kiya, you didn't hijack the thread, you just clarified certain situations and added information that people will need to prepare for their interview. Thanks for coming back and calmly explaining how to prepare for the horrible reality you faced. Like Simo, you provided information for preparing for the interview, and that's what this whole site is for - helping people prepare for the unknown.

I hope your case gets back to the decision point soon and you are able to get that man here with you! (F)

Timeline
Kiya, you didn't hijack the thread, you just clarified certain situations and added information that people will need to prepare for their interview. Thanks for coming back and calmly explaining how to prepare for the horrible reality you faced. Like Simo, you provided information for preparing for the interview, and that's what this whole site is for - helping people prepare for the unknown.

I hope your case gets back to the decision point soon and you are able to get that man here with you! (F)

Shokran honeyblonde. I did receive notice last week from the CSC that they the received my returned petition on 4/25...I had called the diplomatic service on 4/24 and found out that the NVC received my returned petition on 3/27 while I was in Morocco...they said it should be in California by now. It took a long time to get from Morocco to Washington and another month to get to the CSC. The CSC notice was only a receipt notice, it states they will review the case and contact me when the review is complete or they take further action.

All I can do is be ready for an NOIR/NOID and stay on them for a decision or action. Insh'allah the CSC acts soon and we can focus on another interview date.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

All I can do is be ready for an NOIR/NOID and stay on them for a decision or action. Insh'allah the CSC acts soon and we can focus on another interview date.

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Kiya,

Do you know if the NOIR/NOID address the reasons the consulate made the decision? Do they typically provide the information the consulate failed to give? It would be helpful in the appeal process if you knew what their objections they have raised.

I hope you get the NOIR/NOID soon because I know they won't be able to refuse you!!

Rebecca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

oh oh KiYA!!

its good to hear your words...ive been wondering so much about you.

I hope your trip to morocco was rejuvenating for you and I pray that everything gets resolved soon.

take care,

Sarah

Sarah and Otman

Naturalization interview: August 25th

Oath Ceremony: September 17th!!! woo hoo.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Geeesh baby, you think you talked long enough....hahahaha! :hehe::lol:

Hi Carrie,

Congratulation! I am happy your fiance post a long explaination. This is great news and he did very well with confidence. Well prepared is great to know he was able to overcome obstacles. My husband and I were discussing your fiance post. This is good to know to help others for interview

Khadija

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations on everything! It's nice to see that things in Casa may be getting better, hopefully. I think it is great that you were well prepared, and Simo your post is very helpful to myself and to my fiance and he is very happy that you provided so much information to guide us before his interview. Hicham and I are very happy for you and hope that you'll hear back from Casa any day now.

About speaking English in the interview-

Hicham doesn't speak English very well... he is taking classes but I don't think he will be confident enough or ready to repond to questions in English. We communicate in French. I am fluent in French, as is he. I lived in France for 2 years when I was 13 and I am fluent. I wrote on our I-129F the years that I lived in France, and we will also include all of our emails which are in French. That is the main concern I have about our relationship for the interview that may be seen as a "red flag" but we speak a common language so I don't think it will be a problem, do you?

Anyways, I am really happy for you two and I wish you the best!

Sarah

Timeline

(F) ~Kiya~ (F)

Kiya,

Do you know if the NOIR/NOID address the reasons the consulate made the decision? Do they typically provide the information the consulate failed to give? It would be helpful in the appeal process if you knew what their objections they have raised.

I hope you get the NOIR/NOID soon because I know they won't be able to refuse you!!

Rebecca

Mind if I answer that? I know of 2 people that have actually recieved their NOIR. One of them, from the CSC, said nothing more than the 221g did that they received in the consulate. She had nothing to go on to fix this, but she did have her petition reaffirmed.

The second one recieved hers recently from the VSC. This one went into quite a bit of detail of the reason as well as gave her details of the information they wanted back.

I'm not sure if it is a difference in the service centers, or the person adjudicating the cases, but I hope they are getting more detailed so we can fight the NOIR more fairly.

As for the thread turning nasty, I have to admit I felt a bit upset by Simo's comment. But it seems to have worked itself out in the end, and yes, he did give some excellent advice. As far as practicing for the interview, right on. Although my husband speaks English very well I found that when it comes to dates he gets them turned around. He gets August and October messed up. He also confuses things like 80 rather than 18. I can see that knowing the correct dates are very important, so yes, practice.

I long for the day that I don't need to prove my marriage anymore...it sucks that we have to do this. In fact it makes me feel that we are intentionally trying to cheat the government, although I know it isn't true. Someday we will all be through this immigration nightmare and we can finally live in peace with our loves.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
...If you talked this much as you did in one answer in the interview, I would've stamped your visa right there and said get out of my office you're making me crazy! lol just kidding glad everything went well ... Hope you can get home soon !!! (F)

LOL! hahaahahah!!! congrats by the way!! :dance::dance::dance:

(CHECK MY PROFILE INFORMATION FOR COMPLETE SIGNATURE)

August 19, 2006 VISA ON HAND!!!

September 5, 2006- POE @ SFO

September 8, 2006- Applied for SSN

SSN arrived more than a month after.. GRRR!!

November 8, 2006- MARRIED @ San Francisco City Hall

November 21, 2006- Received official marriage certificate

Dec. 19, 2006- sent out AOS

Jan. 3, 2007- Cashed cheques for AOS and EAD

March 15, 2007- AOS interview; APPROVED!!

March 23, 2007- Welcome letter/notice received from mail

March 27, 2007- GREENCARD

Sept 5, 2007 - my first anniversary in the U.S

Jan 30, 2009 - Mailed I-751 removal of conditional residence status

Feb 2, 2009 - Package mailed 10:22 AM at Laguna Niguel, CA (CSC)

Feb 5, 2009 - Check cashed

Feb 26, 2009 Biometrics

The Newlyweds: DJ and PRINCESS

watch clearer version[/color]

mylove.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.