my_oh_my

small question about filling out forms

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

hi all,

I got the trial version of acrobat. But since it is only good for 30 days and everybody knows that aint enough time for all the forms, I wanna as a question really quick.

can I prepare the forms as far as possible and leave the date and the phone number fields (the ones in the bottom next to the signatures) blank so they can be filled with a pen?

does it matter to USCIS if it is partly filled by typing and partly filled by pen?

thanks in advance,

my_oh_my

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

You do know that there is a free version right? Just go to their website and download the reader. It allows any pdf files to be opened and if fillable, filled. I've always had this version and it's always worked for anything pdf related I needed :)

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

aus1.gifheart.gifusa1.gif

Alina & James

2000 - Met online in yahoo chat rooms (had known cousin and brother for a year or two)

06-10-2005 - James visited Australia for first time on ETA- met in person

02-14-2006 - Engaged on Valentines day!

03-1-2006 - James returns to the US after 9 wonderful months visiting together

03-15-2006 - Realise we can't live without each other - James visits Australia again

03-24-2006 - I-129f express courier to TSC

03-29-2006 - I-129f package arrives in US, picked up by TSC 5:33am

04-05-2006 - Receipt Notice for NOA1

04-06-2006 - Money order cashed :)

04-11-2006 - Received NOA1 in mail!

07-04-2006 - Received notification that RFE sent on June 23 - Still waiting to actually receive in post.

We sent a letter to CSC to cancel our application. Can't afford repeated air flight tickets to see each other and there's no way we can be apart. Married and staying in Australia :)

I just filled out mine in pen after I realized there's not enough space to fit in all the info when you do it on acrobat. we just got our petition approved yesterday! next comes the real interview...

Removal of Conditions:

7/1/08 - Removal of Conditions Window opens

7/21/08 - Sent paperwork off to CSC

7/23/08 - Paperwork arrived to CSC per Delivery Confirmation

7/28/08 - NOA received, postmarked 7/25/08. $545 Check cashed today also.

8/6/08 - Biometrics Letter received with an appointment date of 8/22/08

8/22/08 - Biometrics appointment completed

8/25/08 - Case status available online

11/11/08 - Approved!! Received GC in the mail today. They didn't change her last name like we asked, but I could care less right now.

Timeline

thanks for the answers so far.

yes I know that there is a free version but with the free version you cannot save a filled document. thats why i downloaded the trial version.

So now I should be good with filling / preparing the forms (the ones that are still yet to come like AOS, I havent even sent out I130 :blush: ) out with the information I already have and fill the rest of the information with a pen?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Oh I didn't know you couldn't save a filled document, I thought that was just a case by case thing rather than a program feature, sorry about that :)

I don't see why it would make a difference if it was partially filled out with pen, or some forms were typed and some were pen, as long as it was neat and legible then I would think it would be fine. Perhaps someone else who has actually done it that way can clarify however.

Good luck with everything

aus1.gifheart.gifusa1.gif

Alina & James

2000 - Met online in yahoo chat rooms (had known cousin and brother for a year or two)

06-10-2005 - James visited Australia for first time on ETA- met in person

02-14-2006 - Engaged on Valentines day!

03-1-2006 - James returns to the US after 9 wonderful months visiting together

03-15-2006 - Realise we can't live without each other - James visits Australia again

03-24-2006 - I-129f express courier to TSC

03-29-2006 - I-129f package arrives in US, picked up by TSC 5:33am

04-05-2006 - Receipt Notice for NOA1

04-06-2006 - Money order cashed :)

04-11-2006 - Received NOA1 in mail!

07-04-2006 - Received notification that RFE sent on June 23 - Still waiting to actually receive in post.

We sent a letter to CSC to cancel our application. Can't afford repeated air flight tickets to see each other and there's no way we can be apart. Married and staying in Australia :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
does it matter to USCIS if it is partly filled by typing and partly filled by pen?
You have to sign with a pen anyway, so it's okay to neatly write dates and phone numbers, too. Do as much as you can ahead of time with the full version of Acrobat. If you're doing the 325a bio forms, it pays to print, photocopy, then sign and date later. Keep "masters" just in case.

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Timeline

thanks, I feel at ease right now.

The thing is we started filling out the forms with a pen, but dh cannot write clearly and doesnt have much patience so after destroying the 3rd copy of the I130 I told him to give up and I will type it on the pc and send it to him.

jersey girl, you wrote what I am thinking, hehe.

thanks again for all the answers, you guys made my day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.