Eli the Barrowboy

Question: Are cases assigned officers according to Beneficiaries country?

7 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I'm bored at work and doing some number crunching ...

I've noticed that there are relatively few of the UK filers actually passed for October and the last few days of September. 3 out of 8.

My SO reasons that they assign all the UK applications (and other tasks too doubtless) to one officer, all the Russians to another, etc. I guess it makes sense as the adjudicating officer would then have seen birth certs, divorce certs, etc, from his or her assigned country or countries and be familiar with them and therefore wouldn't have to refer back to a senior member of staff every 15 minutes. But this is the CSC so I'm not sure.

Anyone got an opinion (likely) or insider information (highly unlikely) to help a brother out while he's p1ssed off waiting for a darn NOA2?

R

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey Guys,

I've noticed that there are relatively few of the UK filers actually passed for October and the last few days of September. 3 out of 8.

My SO reasons that they assign all the UK applications (and other tasks too doubtless) to one officer, all the Russians to another, etc. I guess it makes sense as the adjudicating officer would then have seen birth certs, divorce certs, etc, from his or her assigned country or countries and be familiar with them and therefore wouldn't have to refer back to a senior member of staff every 15 minutes. But this is the CSC so I'm not sure.

Anyone got an opinion (likely) or insider information (highly unlikely) to help a brother out while he's p1ssed off waiting for a darn NOA2?

R

hmmm good question.....yup got an opinion........i think that all cases that were sent to csc from july thru most of oct ....dont get approved as fast as some of the others because there was such and over load sent to csc that they are still digging out of it.......of course that does not explain why people from nov and dec are getting noa2 but i think we are just stuck in between all the files that were sent there that were filed in other service centers at least ours didnt start out there it went to neb.....then it was sent there so i figure that is why it took so long to get the noa1.....anyway that is all my tiny brain can come up with....its too muddled with ........i dont care why i just want the noa2 as in NOW lol :yes: :yes:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think it is luck of the draw. You have some that get approved super quick and others that get approved after months of waiting.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Timeline
Hey Guys,

R

Case officers are not assigned by country. Read the Q&A with an ex-adjudicator for more inside info.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Case officers are not assigned by country. Read the Q&A with an ex-adjudicator for more inside info.

Aye, and keep in mind that VJ is just a small representative sample of what is going on during this process -- a ton of UK'ers who filed in Sept/Oct may have gotten approved, and we just don't know it because they aren't part of our community. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Cheers guys ... hadn't realised that had been touched on in the former CSC worker's postings!!! Ta!!!

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Eli,

My So called CSC today and he asked why some cases that had been filed after us had been approved and he was told that once a case is assigned to an officer it depends of his/her pace (officer can work part-time, full time, do overtime, go off sick). i think those factors can change the speed for approval

(F)

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.