Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Official tax transcripts from the IRS:

The transcript can be ordered by completing a Form 4506-T (PDF) or calling (800) 829-1040 and following the prompts in the recorded message. There is no charge for the transcript and you should receive it in 10 business days from the time we receive your request. Tax return transcripts are generally available for the current and past three years. ... Tax return and account transcripts are generally available for the current and past 3 years.

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

I recommend calling the 800 number. You should get the copies pretty quickly.

Thanks for the info! I called and requested!

You're welcome :) You sure did that quick!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Official tax transcripts from the IRS:

The transcript can be ordered by completing a Form 4506-T (PDF) or calling (800) 829-1040 and following the prompts in the recorded message. There is no charge for the transcript and you should receive it in 10 business days from the time we receive your request. Tax return transcripts are generally available for the current and past three years. ... Tax return and account transcripts are generally available for the current and past 3 years.

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

I recommend calling the 800 number. You should get the copies pretty quickly.

Thanks for the info! I called and requested!

You're welcome :) You sure did that quick!

I want to make sure I do everything correctly.

I am so worried I will screw up something.

Since Louis has to make a trip to another island we have to make sure to get it right.

On another note... I looked at flights from SLU to Barbados.. Liat has one way fares of $35 which is great but the taxes and fees on the same flight is $45 .. so a R/T ticket is $169. WTH are all those fees about!!??

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Yardies (F) Thanks for all the well wishes for my gma. She is doing alright now thank goodness.

Major good luck vibes going out to all those at the embassy today!!! :luv:

Ok guys in 15 mins I am off to the Comcast office to see about getting myself a home phone and internet :dance: Hope and pray it goes well and I can get something in my area (remember it is bush :lol:) and that I can get a good deal and they set it up soon! Gosh I really hope I can get something!

Yards any luck with Comcast??

:dance: YES!!! :dance:

As of Friday between 12-4pm :lol: I will be hooked up with internet and phone!!! Woohoo! So you all better be ready to put me on speed dial. I have had a sucky cell phone plan for so long that I really need to catch up with a ton of people...at normal hours...not after 9pm only :lol:

:dance::dance: my sister just got there phone deal and loves it!!! she wishes she would have gotten it sooner....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
about the irs transcripts....i thought they had gone to just the most recent tax and not the past 3 years??? when we had out interview that is what the immigration officer told me...

I don't know...I just found that info on the IRS website. Seems Cat was able to request from 2005 though. I wonder if you were told wrong :unsure:

:dance: YES!!! :dance:

As of Friday between 12-4pm :lol: I will be hooked up with internet and phone!!! Woohoo! So you all better be ready to put me on speed dial. I have had a sucky cell phone plan for so long that I really need to catch up with a ton of people...at normal hours...not after 9pm only :lol:

:dance::dance: my sister just got there phone deal and loves it!!! she wishes she would have gotten it sooner....

I am sure I will too :yes: I am glad to hear so many positive things about Comcast. I am always hesitant to start up with a new company.

Timeline
about the irs transcripts....i thought they had gone to just the most recent tax and not the past 3 years??? when we had out interview that is what the immigration officer told me...

What I have seen on this one is that it depends on the person who interviews you. On paper in the packet says one thing. One says another. Everyone on this entire site sticks by one opinion or the other. Everything is so mish mash on this issue. What I get out of everything I read on this very thread and on the entire site is that it all depends on the inviewer.

Always better safe then sorry.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Yardies....

Lawny, Sorry that dumb a-- is putting you through all of that. He needs his butt kicked. Oops!! Sorry, the city life is coming out.

I hope today is a good day for us all.....

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On another note... I looked at flights from SLU to Barbados.. Liat has one way fares of $35 which is great but the taxes and fees on the same flight is $45 .. so a R/T ticket is $169. WTH are all those fees about!!??

I wish I could find flights like that from MD to JA because I'd be there every weekend..lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

What I have seen on this one is that it depends on the person who interviews you. On paper in the packet says one thing. One says another. Everyone on this entire site sticks by one opinion or the other. Everything is so mish mash on this issue. What I get out of everything I read on this very thread and on the entire site is that it all depends on the inviewer.

yes! for sure.. I want to be safe!

I also just e-mailed Barbados to be sure.

Thanks for all the help. I would have an anxiety attack if I didn't have everyone's thoughts! :wacko:

I wish I could find flights like that from MD to JA because I'd be there every weekend..lol

No kidding... but this is just St Lucia to Barbados.

I am going to St Lucia next month and got a $400 ticket on Delta. Thats as good as it gets.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

so true...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sorry to hear about your Grandma Jamie! (F)

I guess one thing I dislike about the USA, 90% of the strollers are puke green!!

:lol: :lol:

please don't all stone me at once! :lol:

Hey :lol: I just bought a green one with frogs. It was the cheapest one around and my favorite color is green so it works for me.

Ok I am headed off to lunch but had a topic I wanted to throw out there...

Would you still file AOS or removing conditions for your spouse if things in the marriage didn't work out between the two of you? Take out all the factors of them just coming for a green card and all that. It was a genuine bona fide marriage but it just didn't work between the two of you. Would you file to let them stay here?

What factors would or wouldn't cause you to file for them?

(Please don't read more into this than there is in regard to my personal situation...I am genuinely just curious and wonder what others would do in the situation.)

Well, considering AOS should really be filed before the I-94 expires and he is out of status, I would say Hell no. If my marriage can't last 90 days, it couldn't have been very bonafide in the first place. And, honestly, I would not accept any reasoning whatsoever at this point.

Now, if you are talking about Lifting of Conditions......2 years later, that would be a different story for me. I'd still say NO; but at least he could file a waiver and file for himself. I would not oppose his petition.

My husband told me he would go back to Jamaica if that would ever happen. With the CR1 there is no AOS. So they already have their green card once they arrive.

I thought if u've been married less than 2yrs u get a conditional greencard...thats's i'm going thru it right now

I have a question about that. When my friend filed K-1 for her man and then the AOS (took a long time to get)...he was given a 10-year green card? Is that right.

NOPE. 2 year conditional green card. You have to file for lifting of conditions, any time between 90 days before expiration date and expiration date on that green card.

That's what we do in August.

Sorry Jg.. I don't quite understand...When we went for the interview..we just past our 2yr anni...so when he went to immigration i told him to tell them that we'v been married over 2yrs and should the visa be changed to IR1..which they did..abd he received his 10 yr in the mail....where am i confused

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Kimmy.....they are talking about a K-1. With a K-1, you marry in the US, file for AOS, receive a 2 year conditional green card. 90 days before the expiration date, up to the expiration date, you can then file for the 10 year green cared. That is called lifting of conditions.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Kimmy.....they are talking about a K-1. With a K-1, you marry in the US, file for AOS, receive a 2 year conditional green card. 90 days before the expiration date, up to the expiration date, you can then file for the 10 year green cared. That is called lifting of conditions.

ahahah....Mi know seh a did something dat no ave nuttin fi do wid mi :lol::lol:

OK...SOO..GILL WANTED ME TO TELL U GUYS..SHE'S SORRY THAT HER JOURNEY HAS COME TO AN END..AND SHE'S GONNA TAKE A BREAK

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Ok,

Lawny my girl a wah a gwaan...lawd ave mervy pon di gyal wah find pon mi kitchen table...my cyaa type so much fi tell yuh wah mi woulda do..but him phocking out of order..and she braising...mi nah step foot inna no gyal house and she can stab mi up in deh u mussi mad..wah him a go defend when di knife start fling....kiss mi teet...she brave bad bad bad !!

Yaards..mi so glad u ago get u internet inna yuh bush ..I was rooting for yah :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.