Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny, yuh up early, eehhh. Whey Marcel deh fe hole yuh dong inna de bed. lol

I went to bed real late last night and just can't sleep. I have to work tonight and mymind is roving all over the place. I need to sleep or else I am going to be a wreck tonight...help...

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I went to bed real late last night and just can't sleep. I have to work tonight and mymind is roving all over the place. I need to sleep or else I am going to be a wreck tonight...help...

Morning Claire;

Actually, I haven't been to sleep at all. My son's dad took him from my sister yesterday while my son was in the park playing with his cousins and refused to bring him back until the police tracked him down this morning and told him to hand him over or get LOCKED up. Girl, I'm so sick of this and everything else. I just want to curl up in a fetal position and sleep for a few days. My brain is beyond tired. I'm an emotional train WRECK right now. I know all I can do is pray and ask for strength and guidance...but I feel so weak right now.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Morning Claire;

Actually, I haven't been to sleep at all. My son's dad took him from my sister yesterday while my son was in the park playing with his cousins and refused to bring him back until the police tracked him down this morning and told him to hand him over or get LOCKED up. Girl, I'm so sick of this and everything else. I just want to curl up in a fetal position and sleep for a few days. My brain is beyond tired. I'm an emotional train WRECK right now. I know all I can do is pray and ask for strength and guidance...but I feel so weak right now.

Girl, what the heck is going on in your life??? :angry: You are being hit from left, right, front and center. :angry: A black cloud is hovering over you right now but the "sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun" Me singing in a high pitched voice.. :lol::lol: Just trying to cheer you up right now because my hands feel tied. I don't know what to say to help you feel better. Just when you thought you have hit the jackpot by marrying your best friend, the devil comes along and wreck havoc in your life. :angry:

I hope you took a couple days off from work to deal with all these adversities that you are being faced with right now. You don't need to have to deal with your insensitive co-workers. You know we all have you in our thoughts and prayers. (L)(F)

Edited by clairern

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Timeline

Morning Claire;

Girl, what the heck is going on in your life??? :angry: You are being hit from left, right, front and center. :angry: A black cloud is hovering over you right now but the "sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun" Me singing in a high pitched voice.. :lol::lol: Just trying to cheer you up right now because my hands feel tied. I don't know what to say to help you feel better. Just when you thought you have hit the jackpot by marrying your best friend, the devil comes along and wreck havoc in your life. :angry:

I hope you took a couple days off from work to deal with all these adversities that you are being faced with right now. You don't need to have to deal with your insensitive co-workers. You know we all have you in our thoughts and prayers. (L)(F)

Thanks Claire;

I'm going to try and eat something then go for a walk. I haven't eaten in two days and it's starting to show. When I eat my stomach gets upset.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
how do you get to be a platinum or whatever, is it by the length of time your a member or the number of posts? I am up to senior status....WHOOP < WHOOP!!!!

I will be glad when we get some more michigan people up in here, i know classy is from michigan but who else??? it is lonely up this way....LOL

Okay, so i talked to D today and three months ago, he went to get a correction on his Jamaican ID( ?) as they had his birth date wrong on it and something different on his birth certificate , so they told him they would have it corrected by now...right ...WRONG... he went today and they said they are behind with corrections so it will take yet more time, #######!!!!! so the longer it takes to correct the longer it takes for him to get his passport!!!!!

MY GOD< how long could it possible take to correct something so minor?

In Jamaica.............good question. Soon come.

MY GOD< how long could it possible take to correct something so minor?

That's okay, JA is not the only place with that problem - My friend's NY driver license says she's male - SHe hasn't been able to correct it yet. Now, it's gotten to the point that it's hysterical when we go to a bar and she gets carded - the look on the bouncers face is priceless!

Depends on what kind of bar you guys go to, I suppose :blush:

LMAO... sus if i was her, just to F with people i would tell them i was in the final stages of living as a woman before my surgery was complete....LOL

Hi Dillon

Ha.......that is so funny. Love it.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Sus get ur mind out the gutter ..heheheh :)

JG..where is my PM :angry:

Sorry. Got caught up in the fckury last night. Can you PM me with what you were asking me again?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Morning Claire;

Oh, Lawny, I am so sorry - I am the same way when I get upset, I don't eat - I have lost 10 lbs in the past two weeks. Can't you go back into the court and get an order to stop his #######? You should have enough documented to have a judge blast him a new one -

Or if you want, PM me - I am real good at causing issues for people. You know I got your back, girl -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
I think you miss the big picture. Not just you, Island, anyone who says this............It's all about the processing. Like Marlita has said before, a lot of the K-1 processing is done after POE when AOS is sent in and later LOC. With the CR1, it's done before approval. I know it's a long wait and I know it sucks. But, as far as being fair, it is what it is because of how it is processed. It's the same amount of paperwork, same hoops.

Please don't say, at least he's with you either. If I hear that one more time I will scream. At that point, without the ability to work, newly adjusting, filling out more and more paperwork, sending in more money for it, waiting, waiting, waiting, etc......he's lucky I did not kill him during that period.

Well at least he's with you....gone head...scream :girlwerewolf2xn: , mi nah care, haha. I still say "at least he's with you." Maybe cause I am not with my husband during all this processing as those who are fortunate enough to go thru it are, but i'd at least be happy about that. Otherwise we (as a married filer) go thru the same thing, but alone. I would be much more happier going thru this with him near me. Truth me told this whole immigration process and the paperwork for me is quite easy. The ahard part is being away from each other during birthdays, holidays, anniversaries. Cant just talk to one another at night when you want, no money for phone calls. I just think it is a good thing to say that at least they are with you. Its the most simplest thing of this process, but for many just not an option, and I'd treasure it if i had it. There's some people on here who i see havent seen their husband in over a year becuase of financial difficulties. Dear God, I dont know how hard that can be.

I know girl. And, I do get what you mean.

What I was saying was in the end, the processing time is roughly the same. It all just depends on what sort of visa you apply for. And, I know you want to be with him and many of you who aren't with him think that will make it easier on you. I'm not knocking that at all. I just know him being here in the beginning is not all sunshine and rainbows. It is not the end all answer to your stresses and problems. At least with me it wasn't. That's all I'm saying.

If I could come up with an easier way to go through all this where everyone could just be together, I would be shouting it to congress.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Hey, guys. If I was short with anyone today, I apologize. I just sealed up the stupid LOC box and it hit me what I a was mailing off. I think I've been a little on edge today, even though I told myself I wasn't.

Girl why you so on edge about this here LOC. You not telling us something?

What would that be?

I'm nervous by nature. If you ever met me you would see I am usually bouncing around like some fool. It's just another thing to worry about. My biggest concern is Andre's driver's liscense. In MO, it expires when the green card expires. So, he has to take the NOA and renew for a freakin' year or the NOA expires, whichever comes first. If we are not approved by then, we will have to Infopass, get a stamp, renew till that stamp expires. Etc. It's a huge hassle. If God was smiling on me, it would be approved and in his hand by Oct. 30th so we can just go get him a 6 year DL. One can dream I suppose..........

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
so JG..u are almost out of the running at 1280 huh???

c'mon Ewok.. let us stay on just another 46 pages LOL.. i am talking like I am bout to win a trip to JA or someting..

speaking of Journee.. pls put me in your suitcase... ;)

at like 1298, I am going to petition Ewok. I hate to lose, you know! :angry:

:rofl::rofl: ya know ya not right!! mi a tell Ewok, "NUH listen to di ganja planta JG, she nuh know wa she chat bout mon, she been smokin on har own product dem!!" :rofl::rofl:

You wanna hear something funny about that? Andre and I sit out back all the time and ponder crazy things. Yesterday it was why all the lightening around us was not coming out of our own yard and hitting our dog. The lightening show last night was absolutely beautiful, btw. Like 4th of July. We were also watching Discovery channel and pondering sharks; but that's too long a story to tell today. And, one of my favorites.....how everyone and everything knows what to eat. Like why dogs don't eat trees or something.

Anyhow, one day, it was why weed? Why can't we just go chop down some yard weeds and smoke them? Or roses? Something like that.

And before you say it, no, I am not drunk or anything else all the time. We just wax crazy philosophical every once in a while.

You guys ruined it anyhow. It was on 1301 when I logged in this morning. Damn you!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I think you miss the big picture. Not just you, Island, anyone who says this............It's all about the processing. Like Marlita has said before, a lot of the K-1 processing is done after POE when AOS is sent in and later LOC. With the CR1, it's done before approval. I know it's a long wait and I know it sucks. But, as far as being fair, it is what it is because of how it is processed. It's the same amount of paperwork, same hoops.

Please don't say, at least he's with you either. If I hear that one more time I will scream. At that point, without the ability to work, newly adjusting, filling out more and more paperwork, sending in more money for it, waiting, waiting, waiting, etc......he's lucky I did not kill him during that period.

Well at least he's with you....gone head...scream :girlwerewolf2xn: , mi nah care, haha. I still say "at least he's with you." Maybe cause I am not with my husband during all this processing as those who are fortunate enough to go thru it are, but i'd at least be happy about that. Otherwise we (as a married filer) go thru the same thing, but alone. I would be much more happier going thru this with him near me. Truth me told this whole immigration process and the paperwork for me is quite easy. The ahard part is being away from each other during birthdays, holidays, anniversaries. Cant just talk to one another at night when you want, no money for phone calls. I just think it is a good thing to say that at least they are with you. Its the most simplest thing of this process, but for many just not an option, and I'd treasure it if i had it. There's some people on here who i see havent seen their husband in over a year becuase of financial difficulties. Dear God, I dont know how hard that can be.

I couldn't imagine... although u CR1 guys' timeframes have been scaring me.. if I were to marry RG, I would do the CR1. If I can just handle the wait, I think it would pay off in the end, not having to do that AOS. FOR US anyway. We would have to save up the whole yr just to pay for it. I think back.. i have known him a year now and have only seen him 5 times so HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed) I could do it again.. UGHHHHH Would u do it differently now Marlita??

You know what I wouldnt do it differently. It is difficult but its not the end of the world. This time apart allowed us to clutivate our relationship sorta. I think going the k1 way would have been much too quick for us to be immersed into each others lives like that. I have learned so much during this time away process. It truly has helped us. I will be knowing my husband 2 years by the time he gets here. Time flies. Its all a personal choice which way to go. I felt like the k1 for me was a bit forced if you will. Felt like USCIS was forcing the timeline of when we had to marry, instead of us taking our time and doing it on our own. We prayed about it and I really see now what God was trying to do by having us go this route. My family was able to visit Evans and they would not have done that if we didnt get married there. My dad and Evan found this bond that formed when they were in JA together and my dad came to LOVE the place. He's going back on his on in a few months. If Evan would've come here so quick, some of my family would have questioned things for far longer than they have. Them seeing us get married and seeing the wedding and stuff really helped validate our relationship to them.

It doesn't have to be quite as forced. With the K-1, you have 6 months to activate it once approved. And since it's at least a 6 month process, there is some time.

Seeing what all of you have gone through, I know, for me, if I were doing it now, I would still not change the way we went.

Like you said, though, it is a personal choice. And, like I said, in the end, it's all relative. Nothing is easy or quick in the process.

Hey yall i was just trolling around in another thread ( i cant remember which one and saw this post) what do you guys make of it, it is posted by a member called Yukfou or something like that?

Here is the post:

Hey, at this point I don't much information so I am going to hit you guys with what ever I got. My wifes sister called this morning saying that her fiance was told by the U.S embassy in Jamaica that he was denied for a U.S fiance visa and was told to reapply after 3 years, 2011. She is 5 months pregnant as well. I haven't got a chance to talk to her yet because she has been crying since this morning and will be going to jamaica in a week. What do you guys think the reasons can be for a denial?

One word............GANGA. He failed the medical would be my guess.

Lita;

What JG is saying is true. That was explained to me by the same lady I met at the airport a few months ago. It was also explained to me when I was talking to someone after my interview in the courtyard at the embassy. It's all about how the paperwork is processed with the CR/1s and the K-1s or ANY non-immigrant visas.

USCIS doesnt process the AP, or AOS, its NVC. So at the USCIS stage we are all equal. And NVC is very quick. People get out of there in 30 days with Cr1 now. Its USCIS and the embassy that process CR1's slower.

Hey yall i was just trolling around in another thread ( i cant remember which one and saw this post) what do you guys make of it, it is posted by a member called Yukfou or something like that?

Here is the post:

Hey, at this point I don't much information so I am going to hit you guys with what ever I got. My wifes sister called this morning saying that her fiance was told by the U.S embassy in Jamaica that he was denied for a U.S fiance visa and was told to reapply after 3 years, 2011. She is 5 months pregnant as well. I haven't got a chance to talk to her yet because she has been crying since this morning and will be going to jamaica in a week. What do you guys think the reasons can be for a denial?

Hmmmm...ganga. Truth be told if I get a denial, I'm just moving to JA to live. Its just 3 years off my current lifestyle. Its unfortuante cause I've seen these 3 year bans a few times on VJ. But the other option is move there or live apart for 3 years. Now i have patience, but i dont have 3 years worth.

I know a few who are still waiting out those 3 years. They are much stronger then me. I would never make it.

Plus, for me, if he can't put that coconut bong down long enough to pass the medical, he's disrespecting me and all my work up to that point.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
so JG..u are almost out of the running at 1280 huh???

c'mon Ewok.. let us stay on just another 46 pages LOL.. i am talking like I am bout to win a trip to JA or someting..

speaking of Journee.. pls put me in your suitcase... ;)

Journee whistling :whistle: while>Tucking Dancehall Queen in my bag! And smiling at TSA in STL Airport> oH sHT ! dANCE hALL qUEEN YOU GOT TO GET OUT OF MY BAG!!

Girl in case you didnt know I always GET PH*CKING Searched at Customs in Ja! I will either have to pay Duty or get Arrested for Contraban!

Gurl just get you a ticket, I am to old for all of this!!! :)

I havent got checked yet. I wonder what makes them check and what doesnt?

I get stopped each time I go back because I go just about every month <chartered flights from Stl are very affordable>. So when you put on the immigration form that you have traveled within 6 weeks/ months they mark it in red. And when you get to the customs exit and hand the the form to the final officer. They automatically send you over to customs to search your bag for iteMs you may want to leave in Ja. SO THEY CAN CHARGE YOU CAUSE THEY HATIN!!! in the event you have questions on how to avoind payin send me a pm. I am not conspiring to break no laws in public lol

You must look shifty! I went every month for 2 years and never once got checked except Christmas one year when I was stupid enough to claim stuff.

I was careful to list a hotel as where I was staying (even though I wasn't), shove everything into carryon, and pick a guy I could flirt with.

Lita;

What JG is saying is true. That was explained to me by the same lady I met at the airport a few months ago. It was also explained to me when I was talking to someone after my interview in the courtyard at the embassy. It's all about how the paperwork is processed with the CR/1s and the K-1s or ANY non-immigrant visas.

USCIS doesnt process the AP, or AOS, its NVC. So at the USCIS stage we are all equal. And NVC is very quick. People get out of there in 30 days with Cr1 now. Its USCIS and the embassy that process CR1's slower.

Here is the post:

Hmmmm...ganga. Truth be told if I get a denial, I'm just moving to JA to live. Its just 3 years off my current lifestyle. Its unfortuante cause I've seen these 3 year bans a few times on VJ. But the other option is move there or live apart for 3 years. Now i have patience, but i dont have 3 years worth.

i don't wanna even think about getting a 3 yr ban!! I don't know if I could go 3 yrs in a LDR and although I know I would want to move and be w/ him, my kids make the decision a lil more complicated. I think now about just packing up and moving.. thats a good questions if for some strange reason the visa was not approved what would u do??

I would've moved on.

I told him if he failed that medical for any reason, not only was I moving on, I was going to fly down there and kill him first.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
i don't wanna even think about getting a 3 yr ban!! I don't know if I could go 3 yrs in a LDR and although I know I would want to move and be w/ him, my kids make the decision a lil more complicated. I think now about just packing up and moving.. thats a good questions if for some strange reason the visa was not approved what would u do??

This has been big time on my mind lately, and a topic I was gonna bring up - I have been going back and forth with - Could I move to JA? Reality is - I am single, no kids - I have my Mom that I am close with, and love my nephews to death - but without my Mom here, I wonder how much I would really see my nephews (my sister and I can be like oil and water) - My brother vanishes for months at a time, reappearing at bdays, etc... - What is stopping me from going?

My reasons were never really why can't I. It was more why I don't want to. I have various reasons, most of which would get the ####### beat out of me on another site. In the end, you have to weigh all the pros and all the cons and decide what you really think is best for you.

Lita;

Here is the post:

Probably cry....LOL...

seriously though, all the ####### the sell here in the states to remove marijauana trace from your system you would think JA's would be onto that, all the bud heads i know, swear by ready kleen or whatever its called and niacin pills and shampoo, or is the JA ganga so potent that those methods dont work? and if they arent hip to it, then maybe i just found my new profession in JA!!!! i could stock up on it, and then advertise in the gleaner, " If you have an upcoming appt at the embassy and need to get clean real quick, come see HONEY""" :thumbs: I swear if i even thought D, would pull some shyt like that, over Ganga i would probably loose my mind right there in the embassy.

Be careful, Honey. I personally know of someone who tried a quick clean method and they are currently in the 2nd year of a 3 year ban.

Better to lay off if it means enough to you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I agree Marlita. Andre's told me a lot of hospital stories that scare me. I had my own unpleasant experience as well. That is actually one reason I would not move to JA. The morgue is another..............the list goes on and on.

This has been big time on my mind lately, and a topic I was gonna bring up - I have been going back and forth with - Could I move to JA? Reality is - I am single, no kids - I have my Mom that I am close with, and love my nephews to death - but without my Mom here, I wonder how much I would really see my nephews (my sister and I can be like oil and water) - My brother vanishes for months at a time, reappearing at bdays, etc... - What is stopping me from going?

I used to ALWAYS say I would never leave.my family is very small and VERY close. My ex is not from TX and it was no doubt in my mind that I would NOT go live where he is from. BUT, with RG, i do think about it and think I could do it. this is crazy cuz I wouldnt move to another state but to another COUNTRY.. I don't know.. I would like to tell myself that is even more evidence of how strong our feelings are or maybe its just more proof of how CRAZY i am getting??? :no:

Quana , i thought about that too, i dont know if i could or not. I mean i have three years until my oldest child is out the house...( Lord willing) and 8 for the youngest. I dont come from a large family either, i dont think i could do JA year round, im too scared of hurricanes, but maybe 6 months out the year. I dont know i think im just getting crazier with each passing day...LOL

Oh by the way, i just got a call for a 2nd part time job i applied for some weeks ago, it is 3rd shift, i figured i want to put up some extra money some kind of way, but i dont know if my old a$$ can stay up all night like i used too??? i guess we will see. i dont know if i should ask y'all to wish me luck or pray for me that i dont get it...LOL

I'm going to pray for you. Been working 2 jobs for almost 3 years now. I know how rough it is.

Hey Sus;

I've taken all 10 of my earings out

I've changed into some sweats

I've done my stretches

I have my hair in a bun

and I have a LARGE jar of vaseline (did I forget anything)

All I need now is a plane ticket and I'm good to go.

Lawny weh yuh ago wit dem dere tings?

Yuh nuh fe git nutting yuh ready fe rumble fe tru :yes:

Shyne;

I have to help my sis Sus out a likkle :devil:

Quanah...I'll take the rings off. But you know I have to grease my face with the vaseline and my shoulders and arms. Dang, those were the good old days.

Ya'll remember the BAMBOO earings...you know mine had to be HUGE since my name had 9 letters.haaaaaa

BAMBOO earrings and my TRAVEL FOX shoes (they were never separated) oh, yeah and my batty ridah how could I forget those...wait mi figet bout di cat suit tuh

Someone in need of a good ole fashion beat down??

Hold on mek mi ago cut off mi nails dem and wrap up mi Loc's

I've got some pinned up stress thats just beging to be released!!

Just tell me where and when :whistle:

Sonny.....I know you mentioned LOC to me yesterday. When do you have to mail? Or when are you?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.