Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Trelawny, I am sorry for yours and Marcel's loss. Is the family going to have the funeral soon, because maybe the AOS will get put into the system soon, and you'll can get his AP.

Roxcie

Roxie/Mrs. Scott, it's not in the system as yet and I was told that they're behind processing NOA1s. At this point, we're not going to worry too much. His mom was so happy that he was leaving Jamaica to start a new life with a wonderful woman. She said noone ever tried to help her son to better himself. She just wanted the best for us. She also told us not to let family or friends change our relationship.

He thanks all of you for the prayers and the support.

If Marcel is unable to atten, they can always video tape the funeral. I am aware that that they do this in JA.

This can be one solution, I know it won't be the same as being there, but at least he can see the moment.

Roxcie

I agree with Roxcie - I know that being there is important to him, Lawny - and, God willing, he will find a way to be there - But, if he can't, his mother is not going to think any less - I would bet his mother would come down and haunt him if she even heard the thought of leaving without being legally able to do so - I guarantee you that she is happy to know that he is safe and sound in America with the wife that he loves, building his life and living his dream.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I told her if they couldnt' go, she should gather family and friends in a park or something and have a small memorial. Then, plan one in JA when they are able to go back.

I think she's fine. She has it all worked out in her head what to do depending on what happens with the AP.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: or new topic...

Okay, so as you guys im a social worker, and have been for some years now... i love my job( sometimes) and i feel like I make a difference in peoples lives...Mrs.P arent you a social worker as well??? ... but anyhoo, my job is never going to make me rich, and i will forever be under a microscope with the county, in regards to treatment outcomes, blah blah blah. My question, is i have seriously been considering returning to school to obtain a degree in a whole different field, im thinking something in the healthcare field, like an x ray tech or a therapeutic masseuse or something not requiring the viewing of body fluids. I am torn between going for a master's in social work, as right now im only a LBSW, with the hopes that with a masters i can find another job in the same field making more money, or trying something new???

What do you guys think, im just looking for opinions, im not really certain what i want to do, so i thought i would throw it out to my VJ sistren and see how they would weigh it??

I'm a Social worker out in Pittsburgh....I've had my Master's since 1998 from Penn and with a Master's, most of the positions I've held pay pretty well. I practice in a Hospital setting where I work under just one psychiatrist and have my own staff etc.

If you really enjoy social work, I wouldn't change professions but I would push onto get the Master's degree if you can! :yes:

I was in your shoes back in 94' when I only had a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice. Couldn't figure out what my next career move was so i got the Master's in social work. Only took 2 years full-time and right away, I was able to get jobs that paid a good $15- $20,000 more than Bachelor's level jobs, so think about it.

PM me if u ever wanna talk.

Tonisha

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sunny.....You LOVE to clean the bird? Never heard anyone actually say that before.

yep, so send your bird down here and I'll clean it for you. Then I like to hold the bird in th e air by the two wings and shake it dry.... LMAO Ok, I'm really not weird.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
I have to say this too cause it fits into the same vein of this post......I hate that people think we are weak and being used in our LDR's. They have no idea how strong we really must be to even survive the LDR at all.

That's the understatement of the century - There are a lot of people that I say nothing about my situation to - simply because I don't want to hear it. Out of my friends that are negative about it, I simply use the example of one of my best friends - long story short, she is South African, met her husband through an email that she addressed wrong - He replied to tell her that she had the wrong email, they got married 6 months later, have been married 10 years, have beautiful 19 month old twins, and are the happiest couple I have ever met in my life - While the friends that are negative date men who cheat, lie, etc... I simply ask them Who did it right? They shut right up, because there is no comeback.

I always say unless you have been there, STFU, cause I don't even want to hear you comment on something you know nothing about.

STFU.. ha i love it.. my friend really needs to hear that story.. just came from Nigeria and she is getting blown away w/ negativity...

Timeline
Sunny.....You LOVE to clean the bird? Never heard anyone actually say that before.

yep, so send your bird down here and I'll clean it for you. Then I like to hold the bird in th e air by the two wings and shake it dry.... LMAO Ok, I'm really not weird.

Girl, if I didn't meet you, I would think you had aluminum foil over all your windows to keep the alien rays out! You scare me sometimes!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Well, it still amazes me that when you get pulled over in JA, you can just get out the car and reason with the police. LMAO Then you give them a few dollars and your on your way..... I told Ray that will be totally different when he comes to the states. I told him you don't get out when your pulled over by the police here, you actually get yaked out the car and thrown on the ground. :angry:

So true Sunny! We got pulled over for speeding in Kingston (I was NOT driving :whistle: ) and when A's friend (driving) got out my eyes bugged out. I said where's he going, why's he getting out --bullets are going to fly. You get out of your car here the guns get drawn. And he came back and said for x dollars, they will forget the whole thing. What rass....

There are still principled Jamaican police men and women here that serves the Jamaican people with pride and CANNOT and REFUSE to be pribed for a FEW dollars

"Love is patient, love is kind, love keeps no record of wrongs"

Timeline
Well, it still amazes me that when you get pulled over in JA, you can just get out the car and reason with the police. LMAO Then you give them a few dollars and your on your way..... I told Ray that will be totally different when he comes to the states. I told him you don't get out when your pulled over by the police here, you actually get yaked out the car and thrown on the ground. :angry:

So true Sunny! We got pulled over for speeding in Kingston (I was NOT driving :whistle: ) and when A's friend (driving) got out my eyes bugged out. I said where's he going, why's he getting out --bullets are going to fly. You get out of your car here the guns get drawn. And he came back and said for x dollars, they will forget the whole thing. What rass....

There are still principled Jamaican police men and women here that serves the Jamaican people with pride and CANNOT and REFUSE to be pribed for a FEW dollars

Oh, I could not agree more. There's good and bad everywhere.

ROC

There are still principled Jamaican police men and women here that serves the Jamaican people with pride and CANNOT and REFUSE to be bribed for a FEW dollars

:luv:

Timeline

Girl, if I didn't meet you, I would think you had aluminum foil over all your windows to keep the alien rays out! You scare me sometimes!

:rofl: I just love to have fun JG. leave me alone.

ROC

:ot:

Hi,

Are you ready for your Independent Day celebration? How is the weather today, is it still raining?

Roxcie

Timeline

There absolutely are. Again, only the bad get the publicity.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

There absolutely are. Again, only the bad get the publicity.

Same as everywhere else - And a story posted from someone's personal experience is not bashing an entire culture, country, race, profession, etc....

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey SunnyJA~

I know it is only Monday but I was wondering if you called the 202 number yet to see if you have your interview date? I feel you are going to get it this week.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.