Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning Fam!

This is so much fun having Dwayne home! He is blessng from God for sure. I have a lot of pages to catch up on while he is still asleep. My man loves to sleep and wake up late. We survived air conditioner last night. I just didn't have it so cold.

Lawdd di fried snapper for dinner was delicious.

It looks like Jawi already fill you in on our lunch so I will just add that your friends can be some haters but you have to check dem. they were cool when Dwayne and I arriveed but they'd made some Stella jokes before I arrived. I told them to say what they had to say so i could straighten it.

Talk to you soon

Wakey

OH girl, they may have made the jokes, but guess what they were on-line last night trying to book a ticket to Jamaica. Belive me when I tell you this, we sister may be haters, but everyone wants a man like yours.

I took a couple of pictures of my husband, I blank out his face, then I saved them as my screen savers at work. Well, eveyday someone is trying to quess whose body this belongs to. I get everything under the sun.

There are pictures of him posing with no shirt, one with him dressed, but looking far out, and a couple of him just sitting in JA, the background is home( I mean tin homes, or block homes showing with trees) and most people think it some movie star. I just smile and never answer. This is my one secret, that they won't rain on, until I am ready to present him in the flesh.

You are BLessed

Roxcie

OMG! I thought I was the only one who does this. At work I have no pics of me and hubby. No mention of him except to the few who know me. Today I did a slide show of Jamaica with photos and video for all my co-workers at our office. They all know I am married and know my husband is in JA, but they never seen him. They've asked what he looks like, if he has "that sexy JA accent" :wacko: , the whole nine. So when I did my slide, why were pics of the hubby all hidden. I would show him jumping cliffs and in waterfalls but somehow his face was always concealed...tricky photography. I've gotten real good at it. Why did one girl ask "so which guy was your husband? Do you really have a husband?" I just laughed. I dont want them to meet him on photo, I want to wait til he is here to show them what he looks like.

I am the exact opposite. I had a shrine going on my desk of all my favorite photos..... Still have most of them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question..........How often do your SO's wear their jeans before washing while living in Jamaica?

Good Question. I have no clue. I hope that's not one of the interview questions because I'd be in trouble. LMAO :rofl:

haha, I wear my jeans a few times before washing them. If they dont get super dirty during my 8-10 hours of wearing them aint no way I'm washing them so much. Am I nasty? I know many people that do this. And at times I just get them dry cleaned if they are a dark wash to preserve the color.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Morning Fam!

This is so much fun having Dwayne home! He is blessng from God for sure. I have a lot of pages to catch up on while he is still asleep. My man loves to sleep and wake up late. We survived air conditioner last night. I just didn't have it so cold.

It looks like Jawi already fill you in on our lunch so I will just add that your friends can be some haters but you have to check dem. they were cool when Dwayne and I arriveed but they'd made some Stella jokes before I arrived. I told them to say what they had to say so i could straighten it.

Talk to you soon

Wakey

OH girl, they may have made the jokes, but guess what they were on-line last night trying to book a ticket to Jamaica. Belive me when I tell you this, we sister may be haters, but everyone wants a man like yours.

I took a couple of pictures of my husband, I blank out his face, then I saved them as my screen savers at work. Well, eveyday someone is trying to quess whose body this belongs to. I get everything under the sun.

There are pictures of him posing with no shirt, one with him dressed, but looking far out, and a couple of him just sitting in JA, the background is home( I mean tin homes, or block homes showing with trees) and most people think it some movie star. I just smile and never answer. This is my one secret, that they won't rain on, until I am ready to present him in the flesh.

You are BLessed

Roxcie

OMG! I thought I was the only one who does this. At work I have no pics of me and hubby. No mention of him except to the few who know me. Today I did a slide show of Jamaica with photos and video for all my co-workers at our office. They all know I am married and know my husband is in JA, but they never seen him. They've asked what he looks like, if he has "that sexy JA accent" :wacko: , the whole nine. So when I did my slide, why were pics of the hubby all hidden. I would show him jumping cliffs and in waterfalls but somehow his face was always concealed...tricky photography. I've gotten real good at it. [

b]Why did one girl ask "so which guy was your husband? Do you really have a husband?"[/b]
I just laughed. I dont want them to meet him on photo, I want to wait til he is here to show them what he looks like.

I am the exact opposite. I had a shrine going on my desk of all my favorite photos..... Still have most of them.

I like to speak like my husband does, I say Na, NO, NO.

NYCGIRL...yes, i know what ur hubby is saying...:) i remember when i was a kid and barrel used to come..my my those clothes smell sooo good...when i got here...i wondered what happened to the sweet smelling clothes :rofl:

When he came over he lived with several guys on a summer work program, and one of them said to him, "We've been here three months now, when do you think we'll start to smell like barrell?" God, I laughed and laughed!!

Timeline
Question..........How often do your SO's wear their jeans before washing while living in Jamaica?

Good Question. I have no clue. I hope that's not one of the interview questions because I'd be in trouble. LMAO :rofl:

haha, I wear my jeans a few times before washing them. If they dont get super dirty during my 8-10 hours of wearing them aint no way I'm washing them so much. Am I nasty? I know many people that do this. And at times I just get them dry cleaned if they are a dark wash to preserve the color.

That is so not me. I'd rather they fade then not wash them.

I think a lot of people do exactly what you are saying, though, Marlita.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Are you guys ready for my answer?

Andre once told me he washed his jeans a couple of times a year. Yes, I said that.

He said he only wore them to dances and parties and took them off right after. And, honestly, I would not have guessed that. But, it did (and still does) gross me out!

We did have issues where I literally pulled them out of his hands anytime he took off a pair of jeans he had worn once he came here and threw them in the wash. Which is also why I question every time he sniffs his clothes. I just don't roll that way.....never have, never will. I wear and then I wash.

how oonuh can chat so..

JG...if only u knew my husband...he sees dirt on anything i mean anything..black white pink blue...he washes a jean if he wears them once..he says there is dirt on his skin too...lord help me

Mine too....on his person and clothes. But, when the white kitchen tile is gray, he doesn't seem to notice!

Ask him, Shell.

i guess I am used to wearing clothes more than once cause growing up with 7 kids and parents it got ridiculous how many times we would do laundry in just ONE day. We had to start preserving water and energy and when you think about it and sniff or check your clothes...lots of times they dont need to be washed all the time. Now if you sweat alot or get funky thats a whole nother story. I know when in JA I where clothes over and over and over again and honestly they only smell like that sweet JA smell. Even when I bring my clothes home form vaca the luggage and all my clothes dont stink, they have this sweet smell to them.

Timeline
NYCGIRL...yes, i know what ur hubby is saying...:) i remember when i was a kid and barrel used to come..my my those clothes smell sooo good...when i got here...i wondered what happened to the sweet smelling clothes :rofl:

When he came over he lived with several guys on a summer work program, and one of them said to him, "We've been here three months now, when do you think we'll start to smell like barrell?" God, I laughed and laughed!!

We could make a fortune if we could replicate that smell in a cologne!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Do your guys ever tell you that when clothes came in the barrel or suitcase from "farrin", they have a special farrin smell. My husband said that whenever things would come from farrin, they would have a certain smell. The sweetest smell in di world, he said. I thought that was so strange, but his whole family concurs. Ever heard of that??

I always think the clothes from JA have the sweetest smell in the world...how funny. Its the air that makes them smell a certain way. The "farrin" air is a new smell to them and apparently it smells good to them....thats good to know.

Timeline

Andre once told me he washed his jeans a couple of times a year. Yes, I said that.

He said he only wore them to dances and parties and took them off right after. And, honestly, I would not have guessed that. But, it did (and still does) gross me out!

We did have issues where I literally pulled them out of his hands anytime he took off a pair of jeans he had worn once he came here and threw them in the wash. Which is also why I question every time he sniffs his clothes. I just don't roll that way.....never have, never will. I wear and then I wash.

how oonuh can chat so..

JG...if only u knew my husband...he sees dirt on anything i mean anything..black white pink blue...he washes a jean if he wears them once..he says there is dirt on his skin too...lord help me

Mine too....on his person and clothes. But, when the white kitchen tile is gray, he doesn't seem to notice!

Ask him, Shell.

i guess I am used to wearing clothes more than once cause growing up with 7 kids and parents it got ridiculous how many times we would do laundry in just ONE day. We had to start preserving water and energy and when you think about it and sniff or check your clothes...lots of times they dont need to be washed all the time. Now if you sweat alot or get funky thats a whole nother story. I know when in JA I where clothes over and over and over again and honestly they only smell like that sweet JA smell. Even when I bring my clothes home form vaca the luggage and all my clothes dont stink, they have this sweet smell to them.

Maybe that was Andre's reason. There were always 10 kids or more in that household at any one time.

I still don't in JA. I washed mine by hand and hung them on the line.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Morning Fam!

Talk to you soon

Wakey

You are BLessed

Roxcie

OMG! I thought I was the only one who does this. At work I have no pics of me and hubby. No mention of him except to the few who know me. Today I did a slide show of Jamaica with photos and video for all my co-workers at our office. They all know I am married and know my husband is in JA, but they never seen him. They've asked what he looks like, if he has "that sexy JA accent" :wacko: , the whole nine. So when I did my slide, why were pics of the hubby all hidden. I would show him jumping cliffs and in waterfalls but somehow his face was always concealed...tricky photography. I've gotten real good at it. Why did one girl ask "so which guy was your husband? Do you really have a husband?" I just laughed. I dont want them to meet him on photo, I want to wait til he is here to show them what he looks like.

Contrary to how I may seem with blogging about all my business, mi really nuh like people dem all up inna mi mawning.

Timeline

how oonuh can chat so..

Ask him, Shell.

Maybe that was Andre's reason. There were always 10 kids or more in that household at any one time.

I still don't in JA. I washed mine by hand and hung them on the line.

I probably washed once a week in JA, but I had so many clothes it really didnt matter. I just hang them outside after I wear them and the moisture and air like self cleans them or something.

Timeline
me too JG..everyone..well co-workers new of Kashi before he came..family and friends already new him

I was going there once a month. Everyone pretty much noticed I was gone. Plus, I was happy. There was just too much to say and too many experiences to share.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
me too JG..everyone..well co-workers new of Kashi before he came..family and friends already new him

I was going there once a month. Everyone pretty much noticed I was gone. Plus, I was happy. There was just too much to say and too many experiences to share.

ahhahaa..i know...i was every 3-4mths..and then how could i explain Kimora :lol:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

I guess I have never been one of those people who brought pics to her desk of family or BF's. I like people to question my life at work....does that make sense? Keeps it interesting when they know nothing about me...haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.