Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wha yuh chat bout? mi nuh knoa wha yuh seh.

Mi send hout a prayer for you...then I saw that you were in the thread...and I ran and jumped in your lap and kissed you and stuff....and...and...I missed you that's all!

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lita/JAE/Honey/Ashante;

This is what happened to my friend;

She was given bad advice. She got married after her visa was approved and in hand. She had a large religious ceremony. Noone told her about a civil ceremony in Jamaica and I had no idea she had done this until after the fact. When she came to the states with her fiance (against better advice) they were told to register their overseas marriage at the local courthouse where they lived (which is what they did)...well, guess what marriage certificate they turned in with the AOS...the one from Jamaica. The courthouse gave them something, but they were told not to submit that. That was 2006. She still waiting on AOS.

Seet deh!!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
You can still get married in JA even when file a K1. Upon visa Approval, You can travel down to JA, have your wedding and then travel back to the US together. Many people do that. There is a girl on the Sub-Saharan forum who filed a K1 and is in Ghana right now preparing for her wedding in a few days. If you have anyone in JA that can help you with the planning, you can start collecting all the materials you need. It is very possible! I say go for your dream wedding :thumbs:

Please refrain from peddling mis-information.

YOU CANNOT marry BEFORE arriving in the States on a K1.

I would advise you to go and do some RESEARCH before ADVISING people. Do you have any idea how much your INCORRECT advice could set someone back????

Thanks English; :yes:

I mentioned this yesterday and was planning on re-reading the K-1 instructions again cause I know I was not reading wrong that you have to be single when you enter the US and have to marry in the US. :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Timeline
Lita/JAE/Honey/Ashante;

This is what happened to my friend;

She was given bad advice. She got married after her visa was approved and in hand. She had a large religious ceremony. Noone told her about a civil ceremony in Jamaica and I had no idea she had done this until after the fact. When she came to the states with her fiance (against better advice) they were told to register their overseas marriage at the local courthouse where they lived (which is what they did)...well, guess what marriage certificate they turned in with the AOS...the one from Jamaica. The courthouse gave them something, but they were told not to submit that. That was 2006. She still waiting on AOS.

Seet deh!!!

"not Trelawny typing"

Hey ladies seem like you all have fun. Honeychild please take my advise. I've spent $2500 in legal fees. at my adjustment interview I was asked over and over again about the rules of the fiancee visa and getting married. i was told that you cannot enter America married, but since I was honest it was sent for secondary review. that was 2006 and I'm still waiting. goodnight

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I mentioned this yesterday and was planning on re-reading the K-1 instructions again cause I know I was not reading wrong that you have to be single when you enter the US and have to marry in the US. :thumbs:

Hey ClaireRN...

I remember when I first joined the site...you were all over the yaadie thread tell everyone how much you loved them...I thought it was too precious. I don't know why that came back to me all of a sudden. I guess I'm excited for my sis and BIL...more than I realized...all mushy and stuff! kikikiki

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think i am going to print all of the K1 paperwork, so i can look it over and take it with me to JA, in october, i will take two copies and make a note of the stuff that D, needs to be gathering so that when we prepare to file in January, we will be organized. D, is trying to prepare to pay the school fees( this boggles my mind) for his children and i know mine are going to need to have stuff, so after Christmas is over with and school is under way, we should be ready to roll.. ( I hope)

Hey Honey;

Sorry for being fase...but will "D" kids come with him? If they will, please make sure they're paperwork is also in order. One of my husband's friend is stuck right now, because he hasn't gotten the birth certificates or passports back yet and it's been 8 weeks. I told him to take care of this about 6 months ago, but he wasn't sure if the kids mother was going to let them travel. She decided to let them go 3 months before the interview date and by the time she told him he only had 2 months or so to get things in order.

Lawny, i would love for them to be able to come, but that evil heffa would rather die first b4 she lets them around me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I apologize if I was not clear in my other postings so I will be clear now: Yes you still have to be "officially" married here in the US.

I was not offering information with the intention to mislead anyone.

I also said

If you need a second opinion, you can post the question in a new thread in order to get other VJ member's opinions and experience.

It will only take a second of your time and people are really quick to respond.

Good luck! star_smile.gif

If you disagree with something that someone says, it is better to address the disagreement in a more diplomatic fashion. We are all here to help each other.

Sorry for the confusion for the rest of you...Trelawny, I did not see your other post...had I seen it b4 I would have went back and made myself more clear. Thank you for being respectful even though you did not agree with me.

If my NON DIPLOMATIC answer set RIGHT what you through your admittedly POOR CHOICE of words implied, I would say the same thing in the SAME way, time and time again.

I am really not concerned with your feelings, but with the WELFARE of people who rely on advice here.

Please don't tell me how to address a disagreement.

We are here to help, but spreading mis-information is not by any means help.

You said

You can still get married in JA even when file a K1. Upon visa Approval, You can travel down to JA, have your wedding and then travel back to the US together.

WHAT part of that implies or says CIVIL???????

Sooooo sorry mi dear chile. ina mi haste fi address her statement while finishin up uh papuh mi have fi school, mi mek uh mistake of not being clear. mi sorry. weh u wahn mi fi do? Back off nuh. :rolleyes::lol:

More on a serious note:

I was not clear. I corrected myself. I am sorry if you are taking my not being clear so personally. I am use to talking to people who have religious ceremonies or "engagement" parties depending on where you are from (which you would not be signing a marriage certificate) and I should have made that clear since in the Caribbean we don't usually have those type of things.

The information was corrected in a timely manner and I like all of you are going through the process. No one here is a true expert or we would not be on this site looking for support. I am not use to posting on this forum, and again should have made myself more clear in the distinction between ceremony and marriage.

JAG, I appreciate your passion, and I see how me not being clear could have caused a problem BUT I don't see how you responding to me in that tone would help. The information u provided was good and right on time. Thank you.

I must say though... Your character is well needed in the judicial system...you would make a great attorney if you aren't one already. :thumbs: Thanks for the correction! Its well appreciated. I know now NOT to write responses in haste. There is a lesson learned in every situation. :star:

Trelawny...Thanks for the info!

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Timeline
I think i am going to print all of the K1 paperwork, so i can look it over and take it with me to JA, in october, i will take two copies and make a note of the stuff that D, needs to be gathering so that when we prepare to file in January, we will be organized. D, is trying to prepare to pay the school fees( this boggles my mind) for his children and i know mine are going to need to have stuff, so after Christmas is over with and school is under way, we should be ready to roll.. ( I hope)

Hey Honey;

Sorry for being fase...but will "D" kids come with him? If they will, please make sure they're paperwork is also in order. One of my husband's friend is stuck right now, because he hasn't gotten the birth certificates or passports back yet and it's been 8 weeks. I told him to take care of this about 6 months ago, but he wasn't sure if the kids mother was going to let them travel. She decided to let them go 3 months before the interview date and by the time she told him he only had 2 months or so to get things in order.

Lawny, i would love for them to be able to come, but that evil heffa would rather die first b4 she lets them around me

Sooooo sorry mi dear chile. ina mi haste fi address her statement while finishin up uh papuh mi have fi school, mi mek uh mistake of not being clear. mi sorry. weh u wahn mi fi do? Back off nuh. :rolleyes::lol:

More on a serious note:

I was not clear. I corrected myself. I am sorry if you are taking my not being clear so personally. I am use to talking to people who have religious ceremonies or "engagement" parties depending on where you are from (which you would not be signing a marriage certificate) and I should have made that clear since in the Caribbean we don't usually have those type of things.

The information was corrected in a timely manner and I like all of you are going through the process. No one here is a true expert or we would not be on this site looking for support. I am not use to posting on this forum, and again should have made myself more clear in the distinction between ceremony and marriage.

JAG, I appreciate your passion, and I see how me not being clear could have caused a problem BUT I don't see how you responding to me in that tone would help. The information u provided was good and right on time. Thank you.

I must say though... Your character is well needed in the judicial system...you would make a great attorney if you aren't one already. :thumbs: Thanks for the correction! Its well appreciated. I know now NOT to write responses in haste. There is a lesson learned in every situation. :star:

I must admit, re-reading my response, I could have been less 'hard' lol..... I do apologize for that, I know you did not post maliciously :)

I hope our dialogue will most definitely re-reinforce the message to remain single until on US soil when filing K1!!

A bit late, but welcome to the Yardie thread lol, now we're over that TINY bump in the road, I hope to see you around!!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Hey Ladies, that is kind of what i am planning, we will get married officially in the states in front of a JP, but im kind of planning a commitment type ceremony, where his family can be present and a few of my friends and family. I can do it on the beach, and still feel like i had something special.

Honey you seem like you have so much planned out already. Why are you waiting so long to file the paperwork then? I keep thinking you are already waiting for an NOA2, but then I see you havent filed yet.

Lita, cause i know from November to january, financially i am stretched, plus i want my mom and my sons to " officially" meet D first before we are off and running. I feel like im in a hurry, but at the same time im not, i know once we file, we still have 6-9 months or so to go, so it gives me something to do, to plan ahead. I tend to be super anxious...if you guys cant tell...LOL>. and hi strung and i know once i drop that first packet in the mail, my nerves are going to be a mess, from start to finish :blink:

Timeline

More on a serious note:

I must admit, re-reading my response, I could have been less 'hard' lol..... I do apologize for that, I know you did not post maliciously :)

I hope our dialogue will most definitely re-reinforce the message to remain single until on US soil when filing K1!!

A bit late, but welcome to the Yardie thread lol, now we're over that TINY bump in the road, I hope to see you around!!!

Girl, not a problem....I understand where you were coming from. It happens... Afta u bad me up an all I can see that you are a real and genuine person. Thanks for the welcome. :) and again sorry for the miscommunication.

BTW if I am ever in an argument I hope one day I will be able to call on you...cause that is one debate I'm sure to win :lol:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Timeline

Hey ClaireRN...

I remember when I first joined the site...you were all over the yaadie thread tell everyone how much you loved them...I thought it was too precious. I don't know why that came back to me all of a sudden. I guess I'm excited for my sis and BIL...more than I realized...all mushy and stuff! kikikiki

AWWWWWW Jawi. Muahhhhh. Much kisses to you. You gave me goose bumps all over my body. I am still here chile, but not posting much. I contribute when I can and just read along and enjoy the banter. :yes: This does make my day. I still love you all and that is why I am hooked on this thread :lol::lol:

Timeline
I apologize if I was not clear in my other postings so I will be clear now: Yes you still have to be "officially" married here in the US.

I also said

If you need a second opinion, you can post the question in a new thread in order to get other VJ member's opinions and experience.

If you disagree with something that someone says, it is better to address the disagreement in a more diplomatic fashion. We are all here to help each other.

Sorry for the confusion for the rest of you...Trelawny, I did not see your other post...had I seen it b4 I would have went back and made myself more clear. Thank you for being respectful even though you did not agree with me.

If my NON DIPLOMATIC answer set RIGHT what you through your admittedly POOR CHOICE of words implied, I would say the same thing in the SAME way, time and time again.

I am really not concerned with your feelings, but with the WELFARE of people who rely on advice here.

You said

You can still get married in JA even when file a K1. Upon visa Approval, You can travel down to JA, have your wedding and then travel back to the US together.

More on a serious note:

Ohhh Asante, No offense taken hun, im just trying to understand the process one way or another. I appreciate all the advice i get on here, as i am in unchartered territory. We all make mistakes...no biggie :yes:

Timeline

More on a serious note:

This is soooo sweet :innocent: You guys.....making me tear up. :crying::crying: Resolving a conflict like grown ladies. Love you all.. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Timeline

I also said

You said

More on a serious note:

Ohhh Asante, No offense taken hun, im just trying to understand the process one way or another. I appreciate all the advice i get on here, as i am in unchartered territory. We all make mistakes...no biggie :yes:

Thanks, mama! :star: I appreciate it.

This is soooo sweet :innocent: You guys.....making me tear up. :crying::crying: Resolving a conflict like grown ladies. Love you all.. :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

:lol:

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.