Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Quana....mi seh mi just walk off...di man look pon him like him fresh off a one boat to baxide

JG...i don't know when i will learn

hey kimmy when u get back on explain to me baxide.. I know it could mean "backside" or behind but when ya'll use it sometimes, it seems to can have other meanings.

Kind of like "rass" i guess it has different ways u can use it huh??

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I am not sure how I'll celebrate my last weekend of being gainfully unemployed lol!

how bout thinking of ways to spend your MONEY!!! (besides bills)

Good thing your child/ren are not school age or that would already be taken care of with school starting. UGHHHH!!!! :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wakey,

My friend just emailed me to say she joined my gym last night. I'm so excited now I will have a workout partner. That gives me more motivation and someone to push me. Although my SO feels I don't need to loose anything, I feel otherwise. I'm on a mission to drop a few lbs and tone up over the next few months. Especially since I made some chocolate fudge brownies the other night and I've been eating off them the past few days trying to satisfy my chocolate craving. I feel guilty...I have to really push myself to workout...Its like a chore for me, not fun....

You know you are going to start liking the results and so will he will pounds start coming off- Go for it!. Dwayne said the same thing when I told him I wanted to lose. I had to let him know this is for me and my health not him (well not so much) When he saw me at the airport this last time you should have seen his eyes. Don't get me wrong he has always looked at me like I was a piece of dessert but it motivates me to keep running.

When I don't feel like working out I remind myself that it improves the bedroom life and my stamina, stamina..I chant to myself run faster Bi%%%

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline
:rofl: Y'all are crazy. I need some of those songs on my ipod. I recently took Damien to a caberet (sp) and it was all over when the old school go go came on.....I danced 10 pounds off.....Damien was looking like :blink:

sjb --

Girl, me and my girlfriends tried to explain go-go to my SO when I was down there for my birthday in April. He looked at us like we had 3-heads.

Alright ladies, logging off to go talk to AW. He's mad because I had to get off the phone with him abruptly. LL Cool J came on "So You Think You can Dance" and I needed uninterrupted time to take in all that man has to offer. :yes:

Have a good night.

What did you think? I was not all that impressed with him.

My husband made me log on and try to find where we could vote to keep Twitch on last night. He was so upset when the guy was crying.

After he dissed ballet, I explained how truly athletic they are. After he watched the performance, he was like, wow! how did she do all that? Anyone seen "White Knights" with Hines & Barishnokov (sp?) in it? There is scene where Barishnokov has on these skin tight blue jeans. He puts his leg straight up against his body and stretches out against the wall. I think it is one of the sexiest scenes ever cause the guy is just too limber. LOVE him, btw. Anyhow, I was explaining this to Andre....how he needs to really think about how hard the movements are they are making and notice how it really does tell the story if you pay attention. He ruined the whole beauty of it by trying to stretch his leg up against our wall!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! He was stretching his leg on the wall. I would have peed in my pants laughing. I so upset that Will got voted off. I cried. :crying:

Wakey Wakey, bo bakey banana fana fo fakey, mi my mo makey WAKEY!!

:blink: Ok its Friday ya'll can tell right..

Glad to see u in good spirits girl, I rememba ya from when Jawi had us going w/ "Stella" and u were just THINKING about the idea of being w/ the love of your life.. LOOK AT YOU NOW.. Like I said I knew how u felt.. on top of the stresses of just being a woman and trying to make it is overwhelming, but u gwaan be aright!!!

SJB!!

RG told me bout that new song, I guess I have to hear it on the radio to get the real effect, but LL was cool.. he don't float my boat but I give him is props for staying in the game soooo dyam long and still making hits..

and I haven't seen that movie but that scene reminds me of that Jean Claude Van Damme movie where he was training and he had that machine stretch his legs 180 degrees..WHOO that man was sexy!

That was cute..we used to do that so much as kids..I'm glad it's friday..the repair shop called it is going to cost me $405 to fix my car..something called a thottle in the engine went out...and it's not covered on my warranty..

Bless the Lord!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Timeline

:idea:

Wakey,

My friend just emailed me to say she joined my gym last night. I'm so excited now I will have a workout partner. That gives me more motivation and someone to push me. Although my SO feels I don't need to loose anything, I feel otherwise. I'm on a mission to drop a few lbs and tone up over the next few months. Especially since I made some chocolate fudge brownies the other night and I've been eating off them the past few days trying to satisfy my chocolate craving. I feel guilty...I have to really push myself to workout...Its like a chore for me, not fun....

You know you are going to start liking the results and so will he will pounds start coming off- Go for it!. Dwayne said the same thing when I told him I wanted to lose. I had to let him know this is for me and my health not him (well not so much) When he saw me at the airport this last time you should have seen his eyes. Don't get me wrong he has always looked at me like I was a piece of dessert but it motivates me to keep running.

When I don't feel like working out I remind myself that it improves the bedroom life and my stamina, stamina..I chant to myself run faster Bi%%%

:idea: HA.. nice motivation wakey!! ooohhhh ya soo bad chile..

Timeline
Wakey,

I'm going to be even worse when I get to my ideal size. I already warned my co-workers I would be coming to work in a g-string and high heels like the ladies showing what round it is in a boxin match.. :devil:

Well a girl can dream can't she.. :blush:

Timeline
Wakey,

I'm going to be even worse when I get to my ideal size. I already warned my co-workers I would be coming to work in a g-string and high heels like the ladies showing what round it is in a boxin match.. :devil:

:star: yes ma'am.. i need to get to work myself so I can be fit and fine when I finally do go back to JA!

Does Dwayne encourage u to eat well..RG trips me out w/ that, not to the point of annoyance, but he is always giving me likkle pointers.. If i am eating late which i RARELY do he be like "baby, u shouldn't be eating at this time of night".

and he always comments on what this or that food can do for u..

I could be snacking on Z food, and he is like "u know that is good for your immune system" and I tell him I feel like A food, and he is like " that's good for the prostate"

its too cute. I wonder if that is one of the classes they take in JA "Foods for the Body" :lol:

Timeline
Wakey,

:star: yes ma'am.. i need to get to work myself so I can be fit and fine when I finally do go back to JA!

Does Dwayne encourage u to eat well..RG trips me out w/ that, not to the point of annoyance, but he is always giving me likkle pointers.. If i am eating late which i RARELY do he be like "baby, u shouldn't be eating at this time of night".

and he always comments on what this or that food can do for u..

I could be snacking on Z food, and he is like "u know that is good for your immune system" and I tell him I feel like A food, and he is like " that's good for the prostate"

its too cute. I wonder if that is one of the classes they take in JA "Foods for the Body" :lol:

Dwayne's big thing is tea! He knows every tree, flower and bush and how it will affect the body. He doesn't really tell me what foods to eat. Most times at his house I eat what they eat anyway so there is no discussion I love his cooking. I do wonder how it will be when he arrives though and can't go to the back yard for some special tree bark for our tea. :whistle:

Timeline
Dwayne's big thing is tea! He knows every tree, flower and bush and how it will affect the body. He doesn't really tell me what foods to eat. Most times at his house I eat what they eat anyway so there is no discussion I love his cooking. I do wonder how it will be when he arrives though and can't go to the back yard for some special tree bark for our tea. :whistle:

Has he told you about Worm tea? DJ and I had this lengthy conversation about how everyone has worms in them and this tea makes you shyt them out :blink: I told him I am lactose intolerant and allergic to lobster - If I want to spend hours on the toilet cleaning out, I am going to enjoy myself first!!!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

I am not sure how I'll celebrate my last weekend of being gainfully unemployed lol!

how bout thinking of ways to spend your MONEY!!! (besides bills)

Good thing your child/ren are not school age or that would already be taken care of with school starting. UGHHHH!!!! :angry:

Oh they are!!

My son is in London for the summer, he'll be back on the 12th :)

School doesn't start until the 25th though...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

I started mine last night. We had apple martini's, dinner, and then ice cream for dessert.

I think I am busting out of here at around noon. Everyone is out at meetings all day. LOVE those kind of days. I want to go buy myself some caramel apple pistachio tea and I'm eyeing a giant Lucky Jeans Brand bag like Nancy Bottwin carries around in Weeds. I've been searching the internet all week to find the exact bag I want. Bet when I go to Macy's to find it, it won't be up to my expectations. We'll see. I am also eyeing those neon green Reboks.

My daughter and I are going school shopping for her (gasp! hiding bras and panties so no one else in the store can see us buying them---but not get arrested by security for shoplifting!) and we might all see a movie tomorrow. I want to see Mama Mia; but they are pushing for The Dark Knight.

There better be cake and presents sometime in there or someone dies in my house!

We're going to see Dark Knight with my sister and a couple of friends....then off to some Dancehall/ Reggae party at one of the clubs. LOL

Dave was off yesterday and today so we're heading out tonight. He works all day tomorrow, so I'll be at my mom's pool. ;) That's about it for this weekend. Anyone else doing fun things??

JG....Have fun school shopping with ur daughter....Maybe you'll buy her a few B-day gifts while ur at it! :lol:

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wakey,

I was just reading your time line and your SO will be here on WEDNESDAY! How exciting is that! :dance:

What are your plans this weekend? Getting ready for him to be here? Let the count down begin!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

I started mine last night. We had apple martini's, dinner, and then ice cream for dessert.

I think I am busting out of here at around noon. Everyone is out at meetings all day. LOVE those kind of days. I want to go buy myself some caramel apple pistachio tea and I'm eyeing a giant Lucky Jeans Brand bag like Nancy Bottwin carries around in Weeds. I've been searching the internet all week to find the exact bag I want. Bet when I go to Macy's to find it, it won't be up to my expectations. We'll see. I am also eyeing those neon green Reboks.

My daughter and I are going school shopping for her (gasp! hiding bras and panties so no one else in the store can see us buying them---but not get arrested by security for shoplifting!) and we might all see a movie tomorrow. I want to see Mama Mia; but they are pushing for The Dark Knight.

There better be cake and presents sometime in there or someone dies in my house!

I thought about driving to visit my best friend this weekend but now with the car huffing and puffing it will be me the sofa and some ice cream. I had a slice of cake this week. I'm paying for it now at the gym..I'm trying to learn to love working out..but it's not there yet. I've lost 18lbs since starting this process in May..

Way to go Wakey!!

:thumbs: Congrats. I'm still trying...

Timeline
I'm definitely too old for ATI in Negril....way over my head. Damien and his brothers are going for one night next weekend.

is it a concert too?? they are going for one night huh, but I guess the rest of the trip will encompass a couple of days right? u aren't going?

I only go to dancehall night (Thursday night) of sumfest, but this year Chris Brown was there I think< i could have sacrificed one more all nighter to see dat likkle rudebwoy!!!

I heard Keisha Cole performed well. It rained all night so my friends missed Lil Wayne. We missed Dancehall night last year but apparently it was the best in years....everyone talked about our entire trip. Haven't heard anything from this year.

We'll be in JA but I'm not going to Negril for ATI. It's not a concert...just a huge party for the weekend. I believe Appleton sponsors it. You can buy a wristband to go to all the parties along the beach. Too wild for me.

Damien is trying to get me to go but I can't hang. Besides his friends and brothers keep changing their heads. Something is telling me he ain't going either.

I used to love Reggae Sunsplash back in the day...aka..Sumfest. Ken is on a mission to go back next year. I told him Sweets you going without me...I'll be in JA. but I am too old to sleep pon a "Sumfest bed"...aka a big pissa cardboard :lol: watching a whole bunch of no-names ALL night ...waiting for the top acts to come on at 6 in the morning!! :lol::no: Not to mention..."I can't take too much of the 'Badman' music anymore!!" It's makes me violent! :bonk::bonk::lol:

I much prefer Rebel Salute...the vibes are nicer and it is just continuous with good top name acts and there is no bottles..hence...no bokkle flinging when dem don't like a performer or tripping over a whole bunch of debris when you walk! Not to mention the venue is BEAUTIFUL...in the baisin of the St. Elizabeth mountains.

I was very impressed by Rebel Salute and would recommend it to anyone!

Bless,

Gill

HAAA gil, u sound like RG, him nuh like badman music eidda, him sey ie disrespect fi ooman and too violent.. but errytime mi a hear it, mi cyaan sit still. mi see why dey call Beenie man di Sun God ca dey don't put him up pon di stage till di dyam sun come up!!

I remember when ya'll went to rebel salute, where and when is that again?? RG likes the light reggae and LOVES 80's music, Tina Turner, Madonna..

Gil, Movado ave a nice tune about Barack Obama, u heard it?? "WE NEED BARACK"!!! Bwoy the dancefloor is on fiyah when dat song come on down here!! Lightas are up and everybody trying to find a wall to beat pon..BULLET BULLET!!!

I love Movado.

I hear ya Gill. I can only do one night of the sumfest. I don't like crowds much but feel comfortable at the sumfest. When is the Rebel Salute?

I love Movado too, but he needs serious help on his stage presence! Rebel Salute is in Jan - But bring winter clothes, we froze our azzes off! Great show though! I would definitely go again!

Do you know the dates? What part is JA is it in?

We saw Movado here last January...I loved his performance. I like his voice.

Timeline

Weekend plans

It started yesterday when I worked from home then took my daughter and her friends went swimming...we had a great time.

Only worked half day today and now relaxing. I'm going a graduation party later. Take my braids out.

Tomorrow - finish shopping for our trip then go a baby shower. Talk about someone who shouldn't have anymore children...this woman is nuts but it's not the baby's fault. Hubby and I are going on our weekly date to dinner and movies.

Sunday - to get my hair done 6am then have lunch with friends.

A boring weekend but that's okay cuz I'll be JA a week from today.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.