Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning all, and welcome Kim - you have definitely found the right spot - No matter how crazy you think you are, you are guaranteed to log in here post it, and have someone else go "Oh, me too!" The yardie thread is the sanity in this crazy process.

Lawny - sorry to hear with your friend, but glad to hear she straightened it out - as hard as it is, sounds like she made the right choice.

I just woke up - I am in the middle of a monster project at work, and my laptop died in the middle - so I borrowed one of the admins who is on vacation, and managed to get her AT&T link working.

Morgan Heritage played last night - Such a good show! I didn't think I could go, but then we had server issues and my universe won't be ready till after 2 today = So I sweetly offered to start work late so that I didn't charge too much OT on the project :whistle:

Morgan Heritage had a singer with them from Hawaii - her name is Irie Love - What a wonderful voice! I am off to Google her

Mawnin yardies,

Sus: Morgan Heritage, Irie love and LAZA from LMS are going to be here in Maryland at the Crossroads Night Club on Sunday, July 27th. I guess their making their rounds.

Welcome KIMCORENE,

You have come to the right place indeed..... This forum will offer lots of laughs, some cries and just plain old good advice. We have several Vets that are here to answer all your questions, and there are some that are currently going through the process. Hang around and get to know us and your guaranteed to have a great time.... In the am just about everybodies here, so make sure you come back... Enjoy!

Peace,

Sunny :)

Welcome Kimcorene - ditto to everything Sunny said! Welcome to the ride of your life.

Sunny - where you been girl? You have been quiet this week.

I'm here.... in and out. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just had to pop my head back in, cant stay away from VJ to long ;).

Roxcie it's going to be alright girl, we all can empathasize with what your feeling. I told my SO i was coming back next month, though i just got off a plane a few days ago. He tells me baby, i know you want to come, but he is aware that i need to get the kids ready for school, with all the ####### they need and just bills and life in general. He keeps telling me, im not going anywhere, and you know that we are trying to save for all the various fees, we are planning to file in January, so dont worry ya self. But i miss him :crying:

Danggit, why couldnt i just find a regular ol everyday, american man :jest: this process is emotionally taxing.

Anyway roxcie we got your back,gyal.

Timeline
Island;

Anyword yet?

Nothing. I religiously call our 202 friends every Thursday to be told try again next week. :whistle: I figure they are just waiting to finish processing Sunny's papers so we can have our interviews on the same day. :yes:

:rofl: Islandwoman, I sure hope that's true and coming real soon. That would be great if our interviews ended up on the same day...

I called the 202# yesterday and the lady said "Oh you live in Bowie, so do I" I wanted to say, well can you hook a sista up! Nothing yet. I'm still waiting for them to just update receipt of the DS-230.

ROC

Timeline
Morning all, and welcome Kim - you have definitely found the right spot - No matter how crazy you think you are, you are guaranteed to log in here post it, and have someone else go "Oh, me too!" The yardie thread is the sanity in this crazy process.

Lawny - sorry to hear with your friend, but glad to hear she straightened it out - as hard as it is, sounds like she made the right choice.

I just woke up - I am in the middle of a monster project at work, and my laptop died in the middle - so I borrowed one of the admins who is on vacation, and managed to get her AT&T link working.

Morgan Heritage played last night - Such a good show! I didn't think I could go, but then we had server issues and my universe won't be ready till after 2 today = So I sweetly offered to start work late so that I didn't charge too much OT on the project :whistle:

Morgan Heritage had a singer with them from Hawaii - her name is Irie Love - What a wonderful voice! I am off to Google her

Mawnin yardies,

Sus: Morgan Heritage, Irie love and LAZA from LMS are going to be here in Maryland at the Crossroads Night Club on Sunday, July 27th. I guess their making their rounds. http://www.crossroadsclub.com/

Welcome KIMCORENE,

You have come to the right place indeed..... This forum will offer lots of laughs, some cries and just plain old good advice. We have several Vets that are here to answer all your questions, and there are some that are currently going through the process. Hang around and get to know us and your guaranteed to have a great time.... In the am just about everybodies here, so make sure you come back... Enjoy!

Peace,

Sunny :)

Welcome Kimcorene - ditto to everything Sunny said! Welcome to the ride of your life.

Sunny - where you been girl? You have been quiet this week.

I'm here.... in and out. lol

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi All,

Well I am still waiting for the passport picture from my SO. He forgot to put it in the envolpe when he sent me back his G325A. It has been almost 3 weeks! We are going to plan B....he is getting them re-taken today and is sending them up with someone he knows that is coming back up on Sunday...then they will just mail them from the US. Does mail from JA usually take 3 weeks? I just want to get our papers filed so we can get on with this process!

Anyways good morning everyone..hope you have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Dillon, on the average when i mail my SO something it takes about 9 days, give or take and that is if i go to the post office before the last pickup. I am in michigan, but i have had things take as long as 14 days...LOL... i really dont understand why mail is so slow in JA.?????

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawnin yardies,

Sus: Morgan Heritage, Irie love and LAZA from LMS are going to be here in Maryland at the Crossroads Night Club on Sunday, July 27th. I guess their making their rounds.

Yes, they are on tour - I was not impressed with Laza at all - he sounded much better when he was a part of LMS. Morgan Heritage was great as always, and I loved Irie Love - she opened, then sang back up with them.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Dillon, on the average when i mail my SO something it takes about 9 days, give or take and that is if i go to the post office before the last pickup. I am in michigan, but i have had things take as long as 14 days...LOL... i really dont understand why mail is so slow in JA.?????

Ya it usually takes a good two weeks from here and I was giving the USPS the benifit of the doubt with the 4th of July but I am to the point where it is lost. That is why we are going to plan B. I just want to hurry up so I can be in waiting limbo for the NOA2. :D

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

When I send things from DC it usually takes 10 - 14 days -- I always pick the cheapest shipping rate (and that's relative because I think last time it cost me $20 to send a care package). If anyone has any other ways to get mail to JA faster and chepaer, please share.

Timeline
Island;

Anyword yet?

Nothing. I religiously call our 202 friends every Thursday to be told try again next week. :whistle: I figure they are just waiting to finish processing Sunny's papers so we can have our interviews on the same day. :yes:

:rofl: Islandwoman, I sure hope that's true and coming real soon. That would be great if our interviews ended up on the same day...

I called the 202# yesterday and the lady said "Oh you live in Bowie, so do I" I wanted to say, well can you hook a sista up! Nothing yet. I'm still waiting for them to just update receipt of the DS-230.

Wait - they aren't even showing that he dropped it off???? That's not right... :no:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

When I send things from DC it usually takes 10 - 14 days -- I always pick the cheapest shipping rate (and that's relative because I think last time it cost me $20 to send a care package). If anyone has any other ways to get mail to JA faster and chepaer, please share.

Depending on how much you ship, priority mail might be cheaper - A flat rate envelope of up to 4 lbs is $11.95 and usually gets to JA in about 6 days.

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-i...onal-prices.htm

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Hi all,

Okay I have an issue. My SO went to Kingston to pick up his police record the other day. Well he informs me yesterday that they left a letter out of his name. It should be Jeromie but they spelled it Jerome. Although he goes by Jerome, Jeromie is on his birth certificate. Anyway, I called NVC and they stated that it may make a difference because the CO at the interview may think its someone else or an alias...OMG, it seems the closer we get to this interview date, the more issues arise. I told him to call Kingston and inform them of the error and see if anything can be done without having to make another 4 hour trip. (doubtful)

I swear its almost impossible to stay sane going thru this process. Then to make matters worse, I call about not receiving my rebate check yesterday only to find out that it was mailed out but went to an address that was on file for my 2007 taxes which was incorrect. Wouldn't you know it, my taxes were prepared by someone else thru Taxact and direct deposited into my account. I went to retreive my paperwork and never paid attention to the address. Well they typed in the correct city,state, and zip but wrong street address.(which is partially correct) So this means that the 2007 tax info I gave my SO has an incorrect address. I did include previous years tax info,W2's and paystubs which all display the correct address. Now i'm wondering if this will make a difference. You would think, with all the mistakes the embassy makes, but it will be just my luck.

tymoore

Timeline

What about them shipping from JA to the US? How long have you found that it takes for that? It has usually been 2 weeks for me on that as well.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

JG..u a mess

TY.....leave it to JA to change ur name to someone totally different and then act like it's ur error..they piss me off :bonk:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Island;

Anyword yet?

Wait - they aren't even showing that he dropped it off???? That's not right... :no:

Nope, not yet.... He dropped it off on the 10th.

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.