Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
It's Friday ----why is everyone telling sad stories of crying??!!! :crying::crying:

Anyone have exciting weekend plans??

LOL @ Islandwoman ! I guess I started it all, but thanks y'all for the great words and encouragement. Now I don't feel as if I'm the lone cry baby in the group :).

@ Lawny -- that was a really touching story about the going away party for Marcel. Needless to say, it made me tear up.

Okay, I'm going to hush up my crying for now (thanks Gil)... on to happier talk! This weekend I'm headed to Baltimore with some friends and we may hit up the Carribbean Carnival they have up there since I missed the one in DC. Anyone else have exciting plans?

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Thanks ladies for the encouragement. I've found that keeping myself busy helps the time pass faster. And with school right around the corner, I'm scheduling classes now. School definitely keeps me busy. But on a different note, I do have a nice weekend planned. I have some fam coming down from Cleveland tomorrow. Another family member owns a nice classy little upscale nitespot here. He use to play for the Dallas Cowboys. He's home now and just had to have something to do so he opened up this spot. Well we are going to tear da club up tomorrow night and kick it. My cousin is bringing her Jamaican boyfriend with her. She talked about me when I first got with my SO then she turns around and finds one with the same nationality. Anyways, they are off the chain, so I should have a pretty fun weekend...We'll be home when the sun comes up! ya mon!!!!

That's more like it!! Sounds like a blast Ty. My grandmother LOVES the Dallas Cowboys. She won't even look at you when she is watching them!! :lol:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
It's Friday ----why is everyone telling sad stories of crying??!!! :crying::crying:

Anyone have exciting weekend plans??

LOL @ Islandwoman ! I guess I started it all, but thanks y'all for the great words and encouragement. Now I don't feel as if I'm the lone cry baby in the group :).

@ Lawny -- that was a really touching story about the going away party for Marcel. Needless to say, it made me tear up.

Okay, I'm going to hush up my crying for now (thanks Gil)... on to happier talk! This weekend I'm headed to Baltimore with some friends and we may hit up the Carribbean Carnival they have up there since I missed the one in DC. Anyone else have exciting plans?

You are definitely not alone Unruly --we all know the heartache and many tears a LDR brings. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned as well!!

Not as exciting for me - mostly yard work and chores like going to the dump. My little town has a festival this weekend complete with fireworks over the Champlain Canal!

Westmorelandlove - how you going girl??

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am going to Great Adventure on Saturday to see Machel Montano - I don't know which I am more excited about - seeing Machel or going to Great Adventure!

I didn't see that until you provided that link...totally pissed about that, I would have loved to go, but can't see mr jengles jumping up!!! he loves amusement parks

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
I am going to Great Adventure on Saturday to see Machel Montano - I don't know which I am more excited about - seeing Machel or going to Great Adventure!

Sounds like fun Sus! How far from Foxwoods are you? I will be down there next month for my cousin's b-day party.

Timeline
I am about an hour or so from Foxwoods (well by my driving, lol!) Maybe we can link up depending on when! I love Foxwoods!

Hehe - sounds like my driving!! I'll let you know when I know for sure - you can be my "date" for the party!! ;)

Timeline

I didn't see that until you provided that link...totally pissed about that, I would have loved to go, but can't see mr jengles jumping up!!! he loves amusement parks

LOL - Machel is one of the few artists though that seems to cross all boundaries - His shows are such high energy and he does such a variety that it doesn't seem to matter what type of music you like. I saw him perform one time on the green in New Haven - Every race / age / gender whatever was there - By the second song, every single person in the audience was on their feet dancing - it was amazing to see.

I am about an hour or so from Foxwoods (well by my driving, lol!) Maybe we can link up depending on when! I love Foxwoods!

Hehe - sounds like my driving!! I'll let you know when I know for sure - you can be my "date" for the party!! ;)

Sounds good!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline

Marcel and I are going to church tomorrow then shopping afterwards then we're taking my son to a b'day party later in the evening

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Does anyone know what the going rate for a ride from Montego Bay to Kingston would be? If you have any connections, could you post them or PM me with that info too?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Does anyone know what the going rate for a ride from Montego Bay to Kingston would be? If you have any connections, could you post them or PM me with that info too?

Hey JG;

My girlfriend had to return to the embassy last week and she lives in Coral Gardens in Mobay. The driver charged her $180/US. The driver also waited on her and made a few other stops after she was finished with the embassy, so I'm guessing that's why he wanted so much. I also checked with a few more people and I got anywhere from $150 - $200/US.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Hey JG;

My girlfriend had to return to the embassy last week and she lives in Coral Gardens in Mobay. The driver charged her $180/US. The driver also waited on her and made a few other stops after she was finished with the embassy, so I'm guessing that's why he wanted so much. I also checked with a few more people and I got anywhere from $150 - $200/US.

Is that there and back, Tre?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.