Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yah dyamn right,

and me a tek back mi offer fi send me and mr jengles picture to u, u might send to it marlita and mi nuh know what kind of obeah she a wuk now

hahahhahahahahha lolololol

lawd yuh mek mi belly battam a hat mi!!

nuh sen nuh pikcha, sen mi one stran a fi yuh hair and one a MissaJengles own :devil::devil:

yuh see it, the truth a come out now, u could almost guarantee those couples could break up right???

hair is all u want, u nuh want nuh nail clipping???

:lol::lol::lol:

Pissa hair, nail clippings, skin cells, tooth, eyelash...wha else yuh waan? True obeah woman :blink:

sound like u a dig up grave. lol wait deh Lawny said she have six to spare.

look pon di expert dem a come out of the woodwork!!! or should i say the graveyard. yardie u forget the clothes!!

JENGS....u and di one JG- unu lef mi 6 EYELASH alone (I think I"m going end up getting pregnant next month)...I just have that feeling...

Yardie,

Mi just come outah a di showah and ...bwaay mi no know...it naw help mi dis time...last time mi di inna heat fi 3 weeks :crying:

Well, Lawd! So can't nobody seh it was mi that wuk obeah pon Lawny when she come back a yaad saying she preggers....she wuk obeah pon she self!!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
hi guys do u think any of ur SOs would object to being a stay at home dad if need be if its cheaper than daycare? By the way what are infant daycare costs like and the times in which u can drop them off and pick them up.

In both past and present situations......this did not turn out well for me...money wise yes, but mentally for the relationship....in my case it cause so many issues. It seems they want to be providers in everyway but this one and I can't seem to get it. My current hubby didn't claim to have issues with it cause at first there wasn't much else he could do, but I know it bothered him.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Timeline
JALove.....I've had 2 kids and I want you to really remember this........

No matter how much you plan or how prepared you think you are.......there will NEVER be enough money. There will never be enough time. You will stress about everything. In the end, you will have a happy healthy child, you will have survived just fine---finding new and creative ways to work through everything, and when you look back, you'll wonder what the fuss was all about. Kind of like the whole visa process.

You will do just fine.

AMEN....AMEN.........AMEN

That is the TRUTH and well put. I work with women who make well into $250K a year and they're crying over CHILDCARE and money and time....

You deal with it....

With me, I just had to make my money work. I coudln't go the the CLUBS anymore and buy drinks...WOW! more money in my pocket...I wasn't traveling anymore (more mone)...no more shopping sprees (more money)...you just have to make it work.

Yah dyamn right,

and me a tek back mi offer fi send me and mr jengles picture to u, u might send to it marlita and mi nuh know what kind of obeah she a wuk now

hahahhahahahahha lolololol

lawd yuh mek mi belly battam a hat mi!!

nuh sen nuh pikcha, sen mi one stran a fi yuh hair and one a MissaJengles own :devil::devil:

yuh see it, the truth a come out now, u could almost guarantee those couples could break up right???

hair is all u want, u nuh want nuh nail clipping???

:lol::lol::lol:

Pissa hair, nail clippings, skin cells, tooth, eyelash...wha else yuh waan? True obeah woman :blink:

sound like u a dig up grave. lol wait deh Lawny said she have six to spare.

look pon di expert dem a come out of the woodwork!!! or should i say the graveyard. yardie u forget the clothes!!

JENGS....u and di one JG- unu lef mi 6 EYELASH alone (I think I"m going end up getting pregnant next month)...I just have that feeling...

Yardie,

Mi just come outah a di showah and ...bwaay mi no know...it naw help mi dis time...last time mi di inna heat fi 3 weeks :crying:

Well, Lawd! So can't nobody seh it was mi that wuk obeah pon Lawny when she come back a yaad saying she preggers....she wuk obeah pon she self!!

DWL........ u seet

Lita, u check up on the college thing?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Yeah, I'm gonna go talk to one of the International counselors. there's also alot of job corps type training here for jobs too. I don't exactly know what hubby wants to do, but he's into graphic design which is a really good money maker right now.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Question ladies...for those of you who have been separated from your SO/Spouse for a long time, or who will be separated for a while, did you ever consider establishing an account in both your names while they were still in JA? I've been researching the CR-1, and I know one of the "proof of relationship" items is "any joint accounts" between the two of you. I was wondering about this simply because of the distance, and how that would work. I've been thinking of opening a savings account so that we could both put into it, but I'm not sure. And if we did decide to go this route, would it be better to open the account here or down in JA? I know the only bank I've ever seen down there is Scotia Bank...and I live in NC and I know for a fact there is NOT one here!! What do you guys think?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Question ladies...for those of you who have been separated from your SO/Spouse for a long time, or who will be separated for a while, did you ever consider establishing an account in both your names while they were still in JA? I've been researching the CR-1, and I know one of the "proof of relationship" items is "any joint accounts" between the two of you. I was wondering about this simply because of the distance, and how that would work. I've been thinking of opening a savings account so that we could both put into it, but I'm not sure. And if we did decide to go this route, would it be better to open the account here or down in JA? I know the only bank I've ever seen down there is Scotia Bank...and I live in NC and I know for a fact there is NOT one here!! What do you guys think?

I think you really don't need a joint account for the CR1 process. We didn't. I think you could wait until he got here. I would try filing your taxes jointly but then again they didn't need that either. :whistle: Filing jointly is worth it for the money.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

hi guys do u think any of ur SOs would object to being a stay at home dad if need be if its cheaper than daycare? By the way what are infant daycare costs like and the times in which u can drop them off and pick them up.

I can't say this loud enough but YES, most jamaican men do not like to be at home, looking after pickney, even if it's theres. they want to work be out the house.

yup that was his response when i asked him. My thoughts were that it may be cheaper for him stay home. Its just a thought. Now if he gets paid like 11.75 im estimating at 40 hours a week that would give about 350 maybe? and that will only just cover daycare and we need a lot more than that im trying figure what cost i will cut to afford daycare and any other expenses right now i have no extra to cover that so i been praying on it and trying find a cheaper place to live.

Daycare here can range from $80+a week. You can send your child partime or fulltime, looking for a cheaper place to live sound like an option. Even if his pay only goes to payday care, I'm thinking it's best to let him work for it. He might try find a position where he works a different shifts than you: you day, and he evening....or nights :blush: ..FT weekends in a hospital where he works two days, everyweek for partime benefits. Also I really hate to pull the G-D card, but I know what works for me: Pray about it and forget about it. I never would have thought my hubby would have a partime job makin about what I make with my nursing degree. They don't keep him very busy all the time but we have what we need. Everything has a way of workin itself out. I was all emotional in tears this morning when he seh got the the rent..put your check in the bank. :yes: he'll tek care of you, you jus have to believe it will happen. (F)

Timeline

I think you really don't need a joint account for the CR1 process. We didn't. I think you could wait until he got here. I would try filing your taxes jointly but then again they didn't need that either. :whistle: Filing jointly is worth it for the money.

Yeah, I didn't know about this until it was too late! :blush: But I will know for next tax season!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Filed: Timeline

I did that on my last visit. I didn't have a problem, because I've always had a bank account in Jamaica. For my friends that are USC and they wanted to add their names to their SO bank accounts or to open one themselves, the bank (Scotia Bank) wanted their Social Security number (which they didn't want to give to them), so they abandoned the idea. I transfer money from my bank here in the states, to the one in Jamaica. The process was a pain in the neck at first, but I think they've got it together now. Before I could do that, I had to get a JP from my area in Jamaica to fill out some paperwork to swear to who I was. It was really STUPID, since I don't live their, but he knew my family.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can't say this loud enough but YES, most jamaican men do not like to be at home, looking after pickney, even if it's theres. they want to work be out the house.

yup that was his response when i asked him. My thoughts were that it may be cheaper for him stay home. Its just a thought. Now if he gets paid like 11.75 im estimating at 40 hours a week that would give about 350 maybe? and that will only just cover daycare and we need a lot more than that im trying figure what cost i will cut to afford daycare and any other expenses right now i have no extra to cover that so i been praying on it and trying find a cheaper place to live.

Daycare here can range from $80+a week. You can send your child partime or fulltime, looking for a cheaper place to live sound like an option. Even if his pay only goes to payday care, I'm thinking it's best to let him work for it. He might try find a position where he works a different shifts than you: you day, and he evening....or nights :blush: ..FT weekends in a hospital where he works two days, everyweek for partime benefits. Also I really hate to pull the G-D card, but I know what works for me: Pray about it and forget about it. I never would have thought my hubby would have a partime job makin about what I make with my nursing degree. They don't keep him very busy all the time but we have what we need. Everything has a way of workin itself out. I was all emotional in tears this morning when he seh got the the rent..put your check in the bank. :yes: he'll tek care of you, you jus have to believe it will happen. (F)

yup after today im not gon stress abt it anymore im just let it go :) im gon pray he find a 26 dollar hour job then lol whats crazy is now they do this shift bid thing at work based on senority nice so im in the middle somewhere so ill end up with either a late night shift with weekdns off or early shift that includes weekends and they do this every 6 mos im wondering if overnights would be the best one those u get weekends off but yall i see mi fallin asleep pon the desk and get fired lol need some tooth picks keep eyes open lol

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Claire......

Has he voiced any objections before? About moving to the US, I mean?

Do you think he had an argument or something with his father that could make him hesitant to move?

He could just be scared. It is a big step for anyone.

I think at the very least, you need to have some good sit down, heart to hearts with him to find out what the problem is.

I absolutely think you are in the most perfect situation. With those of us on K-1's & K-3's we are given little time to live together and make that smooth transition from living apart to marrying and being together almost all the time at first. Someone I know was saying she wished they gave us 4 months before the K-1 expired. I said 6 would be even better. The transition is just so sudden and difficult to work with.

Anyhow, I think you are the luckiest girl I have heard of in a long time. Yes, use the time to see how it all flows. That is a brilliant thing to do.

And, no, since his father is directly involved in this one, I think it was appropriate to discuss with him. I am almost thinking you should've said all that to Mike first though. I think I would definately discuss it before he finds out from his father.

Ditto, I agree with all this...I could see him being distant if you talked to his father first. Esp if the father mentioned any your conversation with him.

Claire......

Has he voiced any objections before? About moving to the US, I mean?

Do you think he had an argument or something with his father that could make him hesitant to move?

He could just be scared. It is a big step for anyone.

I think at the very least, you need to have some good sit down, heart to hearts with him to find out what the problem is.

I absolutely think you are in the most perfect situation. With those of us on K-1's & K-3's we are given little time to live together and make that smooth transition from living apart to marrying and being together almost all the time at first. Someone I know was saying she wished they gave us 4 months before the K-1 expired. I said 6 would be even better. The transition is just so sudden and difficult to work with.

Anyhow, I think you are the luckiest girl I have heard of in a long time. Yes, use the time to see how it all flows. That is a brilliant thing to do.

And, no, since his father is directly involved in this one, I think it was appropriate to discuss with him. I am almost thinking you should've said all that to Mike first though. I think I would definately discuss it before he finds out from his father.

Ditto, I agree with all this...I could see him being distant if you talked to his father first. Esp if the father mentioned any your conversation with him.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yup after today im not gon stress abt it anymore im just let it go :) im gon pray he find a 26 dollar hour job then lol whats crazy is now they do this shift bid thing at work based on senority nice so im in the middle somewhere so ill end up with either a late night shift with weekdns off or early shift that includes weekends and they do this every 6 mos im wondering if overnights would be the best one those u get weekends off but yall i see mi fallin asleep pon the desk and get fired lol need some tooth picks keep eyes open lol

i must work on my run on sentences lol i tend to type like im talking ha

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

Timeline
Yaardies!! Any of you going to the Carnival in NY Labor Day weekend? My friends and I (there will probably be 4-5 of us) are planning to come up from NC. It will be our first time in NY AND our first time at CARNIVAL! :help::dance::D For those of you that have been or are in the area, where should we stay? We wanna do other stuff too while we're there...maybe catch a broadway show...we love to eat...We just need to plan ahead, because if we don't, we end up scrambling in the end, and everyone gets all razzled dazzled and exasperated! :blink::wacko::wacko:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

If and when I have another baby, I'm working nights....no question about it. Daycare is to too expensive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.