Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CHO..DEM MEK MI SICK...belly big or small yuh can still drop 8lbs and ova...dis one come dis mawning "hi mama, tiny belly" ok..####### fi yuh belly did big like di world yuh didn't even bring 7 an a 1/2lbs..so no bodda mi brain

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
CHO..DEM MEK MI SICK...belly big or small yuh can still drop 8lbs and ova...dis one come dis mawning "hi mama, tiny belly" ok..####### fi yuh belly did big like di world yuh didn't even bring 7 an a 1/2lbs..so no bodda mi brain

Don't let any fools bother you, Kimmy. They told me the same thing about my kids. I gained around 20 lbs. on each and popped out a 9 lb. 15 oz. boy and and a 10 lb. girl.

You take care of you and ignore all the fools.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Mrs. P,

If you want to do some excursions, try Mayfield falls (which are not exactly huge falls but rather mineral springs that you get to walk through the river to get to) or YS falls (which are more like regular waterfalls and very beautiful) Mayfield is about an hour away from Negril and YS about an hour and a half.

I second trying out Sweet Spice (it is a local favorite) but for a nice romantic dinner on the beach, you should try Kuyaba's.

My SO is from town but I love going to Negril with him because its very romantic for couples and as Lawny said it is secluded. As a matter of fact I'll be there in 3 days, I can't wait!

Aw, I'm so jealous. My husband just moved back to Negril this weekend. He wanted to be close to family in his last months before moving here. But now he has a longer work commute into Mobay. I love it in Negril though. Its very low key and slow paced, but its very romantic. I heard that many resident Jamaicans call it "the place where lovers go". Must be true, cause Negril is definitely for the low key lover who wants to just get lost in one another.

Oh yeah and I have heard Kuyaba has GREAT food. I want to stay there one day...its a really good price. They have this white parrot there thats a super flirt! A real Jamaican bird dat!!!haha

Dang, Marlita. That is a long commute.

It sho'll is!! I asked him about the commute too and the bus fare. He said he'll stay in Negril 3 work days a week, Mobay 2 work days a week and Negril on the wekend. So that sounds alot better. He was just very unhappy at the house he was renting a room out with near Mobay. Now he's staying with family and I can tell his spirits are up. He loves Negril cause its so laid back. He's alreday gone to the beach and done a few back flips, haha.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
I hate, hate, HATE to hear them announce it is the beginning of hurricane season.

I'm also pissed they are already predicting how high gas prices will go if one hits the southern states.

Like there isn't enough stuff to worry about daily anyhow!

Oh, man gas is seriously starting to scare me. Over $4.05 here and it raise like a penny everyday no joke. I just filled up a week and an half ago at $3.98 or something. Now its over $4.05!! I swear if i had to drive into work I would not afford to work...how crazy is that. I have an SUV, live 26 miles away from work and work downtown where parking is not free. I would be so broke its scary.

Timeline

GOOD THING U have that option Lita..gas is ridiculous $4.30 for me..cause i fill up when I go to my mom...i never buy gas where I live...crazy

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I hate, hate, HATE to hear them announce it is the beginning of hurricane season.

I'm also pissed they are already predicting how high gas prices will go if one hits the southern states.

Like there isn't enough stuff to worry about daily anyhow!

Oh, man gas is seriously starting to scare me. Over $4.05 here and it raise like a penny everyday no joke. I just filled up a week and an half ago at $3.98 or something. Now its over $4.05!! I swear if i had to drive into work I would not afford to work...how crazy is that. I have an SUV, live 26 miles away from work and work downtown where parking is not free. I would be so broke its scary.

I am afraid it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. And, then "better" is going to be relative.

God helps us, too, if a hurricane hits the southern states this season.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Thanks for the prayer Lawny, always appreciated!

Claire, I hope everything works out for you, as everyone has said the main step is getting him here and then letting him decide if living in the US is something he can manage but he should also keep in mind that there will be an adjustment process. Hang in there (F)

Soooo... :ot: just venting really quick.. I was hoping to have an approval by the time I went down to see my fiancee this week but why oh why has VSC decided to put the brakes on those speedy K1 approvals of just a few months ago.. Figures that by the time I applied they would slow down :angry: I know our wait is not as long as those from CSC or those with other types of visas but still!! I'm pushing up against my own deadline, everytime I see that the Kingston interviews are being pushed to the next month, I think now they are scheduling July or August?? I think Dion is not going to make it in time to be with me during childbirth :crying:

VSC, has put a hold on K1's because the CR1's are behind from July 2007. So your timeline is still pretty early. Its all luck with when you get approved cause it depends on the wave of visas that your service center is working on. They rotate the visa types so when you see a slow down in one type there's an increase in the others. You seem to be comng into the K1 slowdown. I know Shrewdie has been waiting over 200 days for NOA2 from VSC with her CR1. I know it must be stressing you though with the baby, but I'm sure you'll get an interview in time. It doesnt take much time after NOA2 for a K1 visa so your still in good timing.

Timeline
GOOD THING U have that option Lita..gas is ridiculous $4.30 for me..cause i fill up when I go to my mom...i never buy gas where I live...crazy

Oh yeah, its about $4.20 something here, but I found a cheaper place. It'll be $5.00 before August at this rate. Did you know that gas in JA was already over $5.00!! How de people dem pose tuh survive like that!?!!!!

Timeline

Oh yeah, its about $4.20 something here, but I found a cheaper place. It'll be $5.00 before August at this rate. Did you know that gas in JA was already over $5.00!! How de people dem pose tuh survive like that!?!!!!

yea girl...i know..if we r dying wah dem a do..dead aready

Timeline

yeah and you know how bad JA roads are and how crazy people drive. They go thru gas about 2 times as fast as us.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ugh, i paid 4.17 on sat. and I don't even use my car that much, i feel for the people who drive to work every day. I put in $15.00 and qot a quarter of a tank. where before i used to get almost half a tank, so does that mean i only do quarter of my errands.??? this is going to effect recreational events for the summer. It's a mess.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

ugh, i paid 4.17 on sat. and I don't even use my car that much, i feel for the people who drive to work every day. I put in $15.00 and qot a quarter of a tank. where before i used to get almost half a tank, so does that mean i only do quarter of my errands.??? this is going to effect recreational events for the summer. It's a mess.

You should fill up your tank (when economically possible), cause when you only add in 1/4 or 1/2 you burn your gas at a faster rate then had you filled it up. Something to do with the air to liguid ratio and movement in the tank.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You should fill up your tank (when economically possible), cause when you only add in 1/4 or 1/2 you burn your gas at a faster rate then had you filled it up. Something to do with the air to liguid ratio and movement in the tank.

I only fill it up when I go to new jersey, since the gas is much cheaper over there.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

yeah jengs..Mtvernon is $4.30...by me its like $4.50....

yea i never wait til empty to fill up..instead of filling up for the higher price u have for the higher price

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.