Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey Lawny..him woulda stay right in that van..and mi woulda go right a mi yaad :bonk:

Thank u for the prayer...how is ur sis doing ?

n e time Kimmy -- My sis is hanging in there thanks for asking. It's hard to be in a hospital bed in one position that would make me crazy and now she getting sick of the food and we cook her some ackee and saltfish dem seh she caan eat eeh...so we bring her goat and rice and peas they also said she can't eat dat so she ave to eat the hospital food and she no like eeh.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Claire safe travels on your return home

Oh - Kimmy I forgot to give you :thumbs: on the grades - gwaan true my girl

Happy Memorial Day everyone - for those of you that have the day off from work enjoy it! And those of you working, make that holiday pay :yes:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Other Timeline
Mawning Family,

Hope everyone is full-joying their weekend!!!

Thought I would share this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxn9jhypHfo...feature=related

GWAAN THROUGH COCOA TEA!!!!

And yes, this is in JA's top ten!!!! It should be on the US's too!!!!

Bless-ed day,

Gill

Yeah, that was hot!!

...those comments were something else. :blink:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline
More pics of Jaylyn! http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk280/j...nav_album_album

Everyone have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

We will be grilling jerk pork and jerk chicken with that famous side of rice and peas. Sorry wish I could help with the recipe of jerk chicken but DH makes it. He uses a lot of Jamaican spices and blends them in the blender that is all I know. I just make the rice and peas. When I don't have to make a complete meal its a great day.

Jax...she is sssoo cute!!! Does she like her swing?? Kaila LOVES hers...infact if she could she would only sleep there :wacko:

Thanks Shauna. She loves her bouncer chair better. LOL yeah Jaylyn would sleep in her bouncer all day if she could. We finally got her to sleep in her crib all alone by herself last night in her room. It was amazing. How is Kaila doing? Where did you get those pictures done? I want to get her pictures done soon and yours are so great.

Kaila only like the chair a little bit....i know what you mean about the crib....only a couple of times did she take a nap in her crib during the day and she will sleep in it at night which is nice....she is doing very well...she is a little piggy and is up to 6 ounces at a time...yesterday it got a little ridiculus she had 12 ounces in 2 hours so i am putting a little bit of rice cereal in her bottle because that is just tttooo much formula at one time.....how is Jaylyn doing???

i got her pics done at sears....i went in with a cupon and came out with a damn package oh well it was worth the money!!

Wow she is eating a lot! Is cereal o.k at this age? Jaylyn is eating maybe at the most 3 to 3 1/2 ounces. She has been up mostly all day today. She could tell I was stressed out. I wish we had a Sears in town. I hate when you go in with a CP and come out with more than you expected. Your right the pictures are so well worth it. Oh I tried the chair today and it is not working. Ugh :whistle:

with the cereal it really all depends on who you talk too...some pediatricians are very against it and some think it is a good idea to put a little bit in...i know she needs a little bit or else she would be drinking 8 ounces every couple of hrs...so far she has been good with it!! she goes for her one month check up tomorrow....

Yeah, I've heard the same, all depends on who you talk to, I gave it to mines esp when I had to pay for the formula my self, otherwise the formula wasn't filling and they'd be fussy and would not sleep through the night. The rice cereal seems to be the least constipating.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hope ya'll are having a wonderful weekend. I just finished frying about 40 fish for a coookout tomorrow at my parents house...and I did all that after being in a wedding earlier today. Bride spent 45 minitutes looking for her husband. He was in his truck on the cell phone. I guess I hear the details later on. Anyways ya'll have a good night.

Mi undah mi...STONE GINGAH WINE...plus a likkle grey goose and cranberry juice...woieeeeeee I hope I can wake in the morning. Mi ave more fish fi fry and steam.

Hey Kimmy --- Gill, I was suppose to be in New York for Trelawny day, but I my friend asked me to fill in for his sister at his wedding. She say she naw participate in any madness. Wedding was very stressful. Bway mi a tell u...Mother-in-laws can ruin a lot of things (from ediah side).

Unbelievable. 45 minutes?? There would be hell 2 pay!! I'm soooo jealous of you right now...what I wouldn't give for a Stone Ginger Wine right now---one of my favorite drinks! Can you send me some steam fish thru the mail--no head please!! Have a good Memorial Day!

Mrs. P; the fish is in the mail and as you requested, I took the head off. :rofl: I drink Stone Giner Wine almost everynight. Just a shot glass. My dad's grandmother was half scottish and half irish (JAMAICAN) and she use to make it and give it to couples for their wedding night. She also drank more that a shot glass everyday and she lived to be 109 and was absolutely beautiful. I love her so much and I miss her. She would tell us her family wanted nothing to do with her because she married a man that was the colour of NIGHT. I use to sit for hours and just brush her hair it was silver and long. I would part it down the middle and plat it in to long braids. I'll see if it works on me. I know it does a lot to calm my nerves and I'll be sure to drinks some the morning before my interview.

Heavenly father;

Thank you for the beautiful weather that you've blessed us with for the past three days. Lord, please watch over those in other states and other parts of the world who have not been so blessed with the weather. Please keep them safe. Kimmy, Jah'love, Mommy2b (please keep their precious cargo safe). Lord, please strengthen Shrewie...please help her along the way. She really needs you more than ever. Lord, pleased blessed those that are in the process of planning their weddings, Gill, Nakia, Tonisha. Lord, please watch over all over my sisters that are traveling in Jamaica right now, bring them and their families back safely. Lord, it look like VERMONT fell asleep...tell dem fi git up; and dear Lord, please keep my sisters here near to you and watch over them and their families daily. All these things I ask of you in your son's precious name. AMEN...AMEN...AMEN...

Oh Lord; thank you for gettting me through that crazy wedding..........

Okay... I'm gone to fry more fish. I look like a mad woman right about now.

thank you !!! THANK YOU!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Hey Claire safe travels on your return home

Oh - Kimmy I forgot to give you :thumbs: on the grades - gwaan true my girl

Happy Memorial Day everyone - for those of you that have the day off from work enjoy it! And those of you working, make that holiday pay :yes:

Hey Jonesie;

My son had several hats and blankets like that. I still use the blankets some times. Girl, you son is so cute...I think I'm going to have to get pregnant soon :lol:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I jinxed myself by talking about shopping with the hubby last week. We went to the mall yesterday to see Indiana Jones (thumbs up!), shop, and eat. He rushed Molly & I thorough all the shops we wanted to look in, yet it seems like we spent forever in ALL the men's shops.....I mean ALL.....like every single one of them didn't have the same damn thing in them. UGGGGHHHHH!

Weekend was great. Could've only been better if we had won some money at the track. Those horses just weren't cooperating for us!

And, here we are again.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hope ya'll are having a wonderful weekend. I just finished frying about 40 fish for a coookout tomorrow at my parents house...and I did all that after being in a wedding earlier today. Bride spent 45 minitutes looking for her husband. He was in his truck on the cell phone. I guess I hear the details later on. Anyways ya'll have a good night.

Mi undah mi...STONE GINGAH WINE...plus a likkle grey goose and cranberry juice...woieeeeeee I hope I can wake in the morning. Mi ave more fish fi fry and steam.

Hey Kimmy --- Gill, I was suppose to be in New York for Trelawny day, but I my friend asked me to fill in for his sister at his wedding. She say she naw participate in any madness. Wedding was very stressful. Bway mi a tell u...Mother-in-laws can ruin a lot of things (from ediah side).

Unbelievable. 45 minutes?? There would be hell 2 pay!! I'm soooo jealous of you right now...what I wouldn't give for a Stone Ginger Wine right now---one of my favorite drinks! Can you send me some steam fish thru the mail--no head please!! Have a good Memorial Day!

Mrs. P; the fish is in the mail and as you requested, I took the head off. :rofl: I drink Stone Giner Wine almost everynight. Just a shot glass. My dad's grandmother was half scottish and half irish (JAMAICAN) and she use to make it and give it to couples for their wedding night. She also drank more that a shot glass everyday and she lived to be 109 and was absolutely beautiful. I love her so much and I miss her. She would tell us her family wanted nothing to do with her because she married a man that was the colour of NIGHT. I use to sit for hours and just brush her hair it was silver and long. I would part it down the middle and plat it in to long braids. I'll see if it works on me. I know it does a lot to calm my nerves and I'll be sure to drinks some the morning before my interview.

Heavenly father;

Thank you for the beautiful weather that you've blessed us with for the past three days. Lord, please watch over those in other states and other parts of the world who have not been so blessed with the weather. Please keep them safe. Kimmy, Jah'love, Mommy2b (please keep their precious cargo safe). Lord, please strengthen Shrewie...please help her along the way. She really needs you more than ever. Lord, pleased blessed those that are in the process of planning their weddings, Gill, Nakia, Tonisha. Lord, please watch over all over my sisters that are traveling in Jamaica right now, bring them and their families back safely. Lord, it look like VERMONT fell asleep...tell dem fi git up; and dear Lord, please keep my sisters here near to you and watch over them and their families daily. All these things I ask of you in your son's precious name. AMEN...AMEN...AMEN...

Thanks for the prayer Lawny, :star: Right now I am dying at work.. I have a bad cold but still had to come in because I had a project to finish.. I feel horrible :crying: I don't know what to take to make it better either since I know I can't take any of the over-the-counter stuff.

Nanny and Belwin, your daughters are gorgeous!

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

I jinxed myself by talking about shopping with the hubby last week. We went to the mall yesterday to see Indiana Jones (thumbs up!), shop, and eat. He rushed Molly & I thorough all the shops we wanted to look in, yet it seems like we spent forever in ALL the men's shops.....I mean ALL.....like every single one of them didn't have the same damn thing in them. UGGGGHHHHH!

Weekend was great. Could've only been better if we had won some money at the track. Those horses just weren't cooperating for us!

And, here we are again.

HEY JG --

I fear the day that Marcel gets to go shopping. Weather was absolutely beautiful in D.C. this weekend.

I have a questions, for those of you who had a wedding in the states. How did the planning go. I know you're putting two different cultures together and to me that would be very exciting.........but;

Let me give ya'll the short version. In Jamaica, most weddings use "black cake" for the wedding cake...no big deal, right. Well, the wedding I was in over the weekend the mother of the bride and her sisters (from HELL) got into a big argument because my friend and his wife wanted to cut the black cake first. This was discussed 6 months before... My friend and his wife decided to go with 2 cakes (at my mom's suggestion), so there wouldn't be any arguments about who would eat what. The bride is (American)...groom (Jamaican). The bride's mother said it was insulting to use fruit cake as a wedding cake. We tried and tried to explain to her that it was the norm (at most Jamaican weddings) and that if people didn't want to eat the black cake they could eat the other cake (she agreed). During the cake cutting part it turned into a disaster and one big argument from both sides of the families (because the bride's mother wanted them to cut the yellow cake first) or what she called the AMERICAN CAKE. I just sat there and laughed...so did a lot of the other guest.

Now, before the cake fight...there was a big argument about the food and what was to be served. Here comes the bride's mom again (I wanted to choke this woman). You can't serve this, you can't serve that...people will be offended....we have a lot of people in high places coming to this wedding (she was referring to judges) WHO GIVES A DAMN!

Now, ya'll tell me, is there anything wrong with this menu;

JAMAICAN TABLES

ackee and salt fisth, brownstew, jerk, curry, fry (CHICKEN)...brownstew, fish and beef, curry shrimp and curry lobster, curry goat, fried and steam fish, rice and peas, white rice, gungu peas and rice...an assortment of vegetables

AMERICAN TABLES

Bake chicken, steak, salmon,vegetables, season rice, sweet rice (never heard of that)..it taste like rice with sugar, bake potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, macaronni and cheese, fried cat fish, green, ect.......(BRIDE is from down south).

Bride's mother and aunts freaked out because the fist had the heads on it, goat was being served and we served EGGS :lol: (that was the ACKEE)........Now, which table do you think ran out of FOOD first...that's right the JAMAICAN table. My mom told the mother that would happen. People love Jamaican food -- doesn't matter where they're from.

All of the above was discussed and settled months before the wedding and Mother-in-law from HELL had to frig things up...she knew not to say anything to me. She's upset with me, because my hair is braided (oh yeah, she had a problem with that too). So, you know I had to tell her to bend over and.......well, I can't type it...I'm so BAD :devil:

Thanks for letting me VENT........My friends brother is getting married to the bride's cousin NEXT month (any suggestions).

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

And, here we are again.

HEY JG --

I fear the day that Marcel gets to go shopping. Weather was absolutely beautiful in D.C. this weekend.

I have a questions, for those of you who had a wedding in the states. How did the planning go. I know you're putting two different cultures together and to me that would be very exciting.........but;

Let me give ya'll the short version. In Jamaica, most weddings use "black cake" for the wedding cake...no big deal, right. Well, the wedding I was in over the weekend the mother of the bride and her sisters (from HELL) got into a big argument because my friend and his wife wanted to cut the black cake first. This was discussed 6 months before... My friend and his wife decided to go with 2 cakes (at my mom's suggestion), so there wouldn't be any arguments about who would eat what. The bride is (American)...groom (Jamaican). The bride's mother said it was insulting to use fruit cake as a wedding cake. We tried and tried to explain to her that it was the norm (at most Jamaican weddings) and that if people didn't want to eat the black cake they could eat the other cake (she agreed). During the cake cutting part it turned into a disaster and one big argument from both sides of the families (because the bride's mother wanted them to cut the yellow cake first) or what she called the AMERICAN CAKE. I just sat there and laughed...so did a lot of the other guest.

Now, before the cake fight...there was a big argument about the food and what was to be served. Here comes the bride's mom again (I wanted to choke this woman). You can't serve this, you can't serve that...people will be offended....we have a lot of people in high places coming to this wedding (she was referring to judges) WHO GIVES A DAMN!

JAMAICAN TABLES

ackee and salt fisth, brownstew, jerk, curry, fry (CHICKEN)...brownstew, fish and beef, curry shrimp and curry lobster, curry goat, fried and steam fish, rice and peas, white rice, gungu peas and rice...an assortment of vegetables

AMERICAN TABLES

Bake chicken, steak, salmon,vegetables, season rice, sweet rice (never heard of that)..it taste like rice with sugar, bake potatoes, candied sweet potatoes, macaronni and cheese, fried cat fish, green, ect.......(BRIDE is from down south).

Bride's mother and aunts freaked out because the fist had the heads on it, goat was being served and we served EGGS :lol: (that was the ACKEE)........Now, which table do you think ran out of FOOD first...that's right the JAMAICAN table. My mom told the mother that would happen. People love Jamaican food -- doesn't matter where they're from.

All of the above was discussed and settled months before the wedding and Mother-in-law from HELL had to frig things up...she knew not to say anything to me. She's upset with me, because my hair is braided (oh yeah, she had a problem with that too). So, you know I had to tell her to bend over and.......well, I can't type it...I'm so BAD :devil:

Thanks for letting me VENT........My friends brother is getting married to the bride's cousin NEXT month (any suggestions).

Wow.. i cannot believe her mother made that kind of fuss DURING the wedding, I mean I can understand "wanting" to stick to her traditions, but she already knew about all of the alterations before and this is your daughter's wedding, not yours.. Its sounds like the bride worked very hard to combine the 2 cultures and honor her husband's heritage. Her mother should have respected that. It probably would have went very smooth Heck.. Double the cake, Double the Food..who gonna complain about that?? Causing a scene like that was just soooo toolish, like u didn't know he was Jamaican b4 u got there!?! I hate to see how she acted at the reception.. WHOAAA If they sing,

" She's Royal", instead of "Here and Now" or some other luther vandross diddy, her mudda would ave had a heart attack!!!!

Heavenly father;

Thanks for the prayer Lawny, :star: Right now I am dying at work.. I have a bad cold but still had to come in because I had a project to finish.. I feel horrible :crying: I don't know what to take to make it better either since I know I can't take any of the over-the-counter stuff.

Hi, when I was pregnant, years ago......my doctor told me I could take over the counter medicine that was prescribe for an infant. He stated it would give me some relief. Check with your doctor first, okay. Just a FYI.

Roxcie

Heavenly father;

Hi, when I was pregnant, years ago......my doctor told me I could take over the counter medicine that was prescribe for an infant. He stated it would give me some relief. Check with your doctor first, okay. Just a FYI.

Roxcie

What's up ROXIE?

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

And, here we are again.

HEY JG --

JAMAICAN TABLES

AMERICAN TABLES

My suggestion is make sure this Mother-in-law doesn't get invited!!!!! :bonk:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Well, my family and friends know better then to argue with me over what I had chosen for our wedding. They know I would tell them they can keep their opinions to themselves or they can choose not to come at all.

We chose to have a small wedding with just cake and alcohol.....add some music and fireworks and it's a party....., so no food issues for us. However, if we had done it, it would've been our food choices and if someone didn't like our choices, there is always a McDonalds nearby for their drive home.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Well, my family and friends know better then to argue with me over what I had chosen for our wedding. They know I would tell them they can keep their opinions to themselves or they can choose not to come at all.

We chose to have a small wedding with just cake and alcohol.....add some music and fireworks and it's a party....., so no food issues for us. However, if we had done it, it would've been our food choices and if someone didn't like our choices, there is always a McDonalds nearby for their drive home.

My thoughts exactly...the american guest loved the Jamaican food. They even ate the goat meat with no questions, most of them saying it taste like beef. When it came to the fish, we just had the people break the heads off (most didn't care)....the rum and coffee they were drinking had their heads in the cloud anyway.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.