Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My excitement for the day - I sued the city where I used to live - We have been fighting over car tax that I don't owe for almost 10 years. I am supposed to go to court tommorrow against them - They just called and offered me $1000 to settle! :dancing: :joy:

Sweet! Congrat! $1000 can always come in handy!

Especially right before I leave for JA! Of course, my legal mind had to counteroffer, lol - So I am waiting for them to come back to me with a higher $

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My excitement for the day - I sued the city where I used to live - We have been fighting over car tax that I don't owe for almost 10 years. I am supposed to go to court tommorrow against them - They just called and offered me $1000 to settle! :dancing: :joy:

Especially right before I leave for JA! Of course, my legal mind had to counteroffer, lol - So I am waiting for them to come back to me with a higher $

:thumbs:

Filed: Timeline
Well, my balance was ZERO...I owed them nothing and they were charging me a fee because I was not using the card...dem BAXIDE can go to HELL.

They have to make their money some how. You damned if you do you damned if you don't. When hubby found out about the maintenance fee on one of his accounts he had the same response. Close the damn thing.

I don't use any accounts where I have to pay a fee.

There is no fee (so I thought). I never paid an annual fee on this credit card account and because I have not used it in years they decided to charge me a non-activity fee.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Ah, food is easy -

Cheffettes - fast food, decent quality

In Quayside Center there is a fish restaurant in the middle of the parking lot - good, inexpensive.

St. Lawrence Gap area - Ship Inn is good, and there is a street vendor in the Gap at night with great burgers and fish and macaroni pie = The Gap is where the clubs are, too

Bean and Bagel = located in downtown Bridgetown, fast and good -

Sus;

All these places are bringing back memories of SPRING BREAK.....oh lord help me.

It's not so easy, Kim. They still have to send it off to Jamaica to renew and then have it sent back. The issue seems to be the pictures. Can't just pop in Walgreens and have some passport pictures taken. The Picture People seems to be the only place that is recommended by the embassy that is accepted. Mindy had tons of trouble and it took forever.

I dont' recommend the online bc either. But, for us, it was the only option. Now, we have enough bc's to last forever!

OK..GOOD SOMEONE THAT WITH AN ACTUAL EXPERIENCE...yeah it's crazy that they MAKE u order all these BC :angry:

I called Lance and asked him about it. He has a friend that works at the RGD office in Mandeville so I'm just gonna have her do it for me. She said the 3 wk service is JA$1500 so that saves me some money.

That's what we paid and they called my fiance to come pick it up.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ANYONE NEED THEIR HOUSE CLEANED??

:wacko::wacko:

Louis is on his way to Barbados and my nerves are shot! I have cleaned everything in my little apartment just to keep occupied! My fingers are dry and cracked from the bleach!

I haven't been this anxious since I sent in the I-129F! I thought I had learned patience but today it just isnt agreeing with me. These next 5 days are going to be the slowest in my life! I am going to end up with an empty apartment and floors you could eat off. Its the only thing that keeps my mind at ease.

I know he will be great and do fine - I just ask anyone and everybody to send some blessings Louis' way!! Everything will be Irie!

:star:

I need my place cleaned bad-wanna fly to Cali? :lol:

Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous! Her eyes are amazing. She's a heartbreaker already :yes:

Good luck at the interview

Have a good time! We are leaving in less than three months and I can't wait :dance:

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i'm on a roll....B+ in both courses :dance::dance: coulda be a A but mi lazy fi hand in everything pon time :)...go me..go me

here somes summer semester June 2 to July 24th..then off fi di fall to give birth :dance:

hey Classy..wat u been up to ? see yah lurking :yes:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

i'm on a roll....B+ in both courses :dance::dance:coulda be a A but mi lazy fi hand in everything pon time :)...go me..go me

here somes summer semester June 2 to July 24th..then off fi di fall to give birth :dance:

Here you go Kimmy.... :bonk: u need a KUNK!...bout u lazy fi tun in tings pon time....

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Thanks Jonesie ... Tierra is a handful! Two or Three handfuls... she loves Louis so much and cannot understand why he needs "permission" to be here with us!

If I could go to CA I would .. and clean like crazy! LOL

Louis will do great! I am sure of it!

He landed safely, got to the guesthouse and scheduled a taxi for 6:30am for the Medical.....

BTW... LOVE the hat on your baby.... Rasssstah!

Edited by IrieCat

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
i'm on a roll....B+ in both courses :dance::dance:coulda be a A but mi lazy fi hand in everything pon time :)...go me..go me

Here you go Kimmy.... :bonk: u need a KUNK!...bout u lazy fi tun in tings pon time....

:lol: ..girl u eva si a procrastinator ?...a mi dat totally..mi no proud mi like mi own way i guess

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Lawny...that's true...mi hear dem and dat foolishness all the time....and yes it can or will affect ur credit score when u close an account..

I've heard this as well, but I also read in one of Dave R. books that, it's just a myth the credit card companies want us to believe to keep us in debt or the possibility of being in debt close by. It's all about the ratio of debt to income. I think if you have a 0 balance on a card, it can be looked at by some as income. When you close the account you are reducing that ratio. But who cares, even if you close it it's still there- your payment history on the account. They can see that you were responsible and paid the account on time when it was closed. I've closed accounts in the past, it was like pulling teeth, you have to keep calling and calling before they actually close it and then sometimes they want something in writing before they close the account. Weird, when you didn't ask for something in writing to open the account :blink:

I love Dave Ramsey!!

But- I know for a fact it is true because my friend just dealt with this issue, of his account closing (his request) after it was paid and it caused his credit score to go down considerable. blah.

Im sure there are more details than that, but tahts what I know.

I am a huge Dave Ramsey fan and we have no credit cards. My score did not go down it is still very good. Maybe it is because of my mortgage on the house. My hubby and I believe in paying cash for everything. I thought we couldn't travel just paying on our debit cards but we can. It's great :thumbs:

i'm on a roll....B+ in both courses :dance::dance: coulda be a A but mi lazy fi hand in everything pon time :)...go me..go me

Keep up the good work Kimmy. I miss school so much. I live through my husbands college education now.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
DAVE AND TONISHA are together in New York...she said he got the EAD stamp and she's very happy. She says she'll check in later....I THINK NOT!

:lol::lol:

Hey All....

Thanks Lawny, Michelle, Kimmy, Gill, Kell and everyone else who posted this week for thinking of me and Dave. JFK was a little hectic.....especially for a someone like me who not only wanted to go outside and smoke cigarettes while I was waiting for Dave but let's not forget.....I HAD THE NOTORIOUS SPACE BOOT (as Lawny put it) on my ankle as well!!! :rofl:

I got to New York around 12:30pm, talked to Lawny around then while I was waiting for Dave to fly in. He FINALLY got there around 3pm (you know Air Jamaica was late getting in LOL). Everything went pretty good from there. Dave said he was surprised to see all these people "standing" in the International Arrivals section of the airport when he got off the plane. He said he thought there was about to be a concert or something and I just laughed. Ninja Man also came off the same plane and let me tell you....he was looking a HOT mess! The whole day was pretty interesting but we finally made it back to pittsburgh around 10pm that night. Dave said he had no problems getting the work stamp or with the INS folks either.

Yesterday, we basically rode around...went to get groceries etc. Hung out with my mom and then went out to eat with some of my friends. Dave's dad (who lives in N.Y.) asked us to come up for the weekend but we told him we have to hold off till I get back to work etc. Dave wanted me to tell all of you thanks for all your well wishes and support. He said he feels like he's been a part of Visa Journey himself. LOLLL He seems really happy so far....the only thing he didn't like was how "cold" it was here and I was like, hold on to your seat because 68 degrees is warm in Pittsburgh for right now. Wait to you see November!!!! :rofl:

I just wanted all of you to know that I was o.k. and that we were doing o.k. Dave went with me to the doctor's so I could finally get rid of the Space Boot on my ankle, but it looks like I'll be wearing it for atleast 2 more weeks. Probably didn't help that I went to New York and walked around for 12 hours the other day! My doctor probably wonders why my ankle was so swollen, I'm sure. LOLLLLL But guess what??? My doctor gave me another 6 WEEKS OFF WORK which was WAYYYY more than I though I would get so Life is Good! I'll have to let you know how the weekend goes and what me and Dave are up to next week.

Good Luck and Safe Travels to all of you heading off to JA in the next few weeks! We'll talk soon.....Take Care

Tonisha (L)

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Glad things are working out for you guy's. I agree with you on the temp. If Dave thinks 68 is cold, then what will he do in November. lol I guess you better shop for a parka for him. lol Stay off that ankle before you tail end up in that space boot until Christmas. Your leg should be elevated. hint hint :devil: You know, off the ground..... I'll try to post your pics this weekend...

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have no idea why i'm up, i need to go to bed. Congrats to T and Dave, fingers crossed for Louis's interview. did I miss anything. oh yeah miss bandy legz got what was it two Bs :thumbs:

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Other Timeline
i'm on a roll....B+ in both courses :dance::dance: coulda be a A but mi lazy fi hand in everything pon time :) ...go me..go me

WTG!!! :thumbs:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Other Timeline
Have a good time! We are leaving in less than three months and I can't wait :dance:

Ditto safe travels to all.

When will you be there?

My excitement for the day - I sued the city where I used to live - We have been fighting over car tax that I don't owe for almost 10 years. I am supposed to go to court tommorrow against them - They just called and offered me $1000 to settle! :dancing::dancing:

:thumbs:

:thumbs::thumbs:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.