Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Morning all and happy belated Mothers day to the Mommies and Mommies to be -

I have been hibernating - I have a wicked sinus infection again, and finally went to an ENT yesterday - He did some type of scope thing (won't describe it, it was nasty) that left my nose and throat so sore, and today I am going for a CT Scan - it looks like I am ultimately headed for surgery to clear them out and fix my deviated septum. At this point, I just want the infection cleared before I leave for JA!

Hi good morning, Please don't try to fly with a sinus infection. If you want pain, then try flying with an sinus infection. I flew one time with a sinus infection and it was the worst experience I ever had.

Roxcie

ROXIE;

Where you been my girl?

Good morning Trelawn,

Girl I had been under the weather and a little depress with missing my hubsand. I want to travel to JA, but we are in the process of putting our timeline together. With the price of air tickets, going for a weekend is no longer an option. I told my hubby last night that I was getting a house boat and we were going to live on it, until we get this visa stuff situated. I want to go there for the entire summer, but with the crime on the rise, he is having second thoughts on this.

Right now I am so bored at work, when I get bored it is time for me to travel.

Happy Belated Mothers Day to you and everyone else on VJ.

Roxcie

I hear you. My aunt lives in Clarendon and she was having all the windows in her house replaced and the bars on the outside changed. My aunt and the guys that were working on the house left for an hour or so to go and buy some more materials. My aunt's property is surrounded by a very large fence and an automated gate and someone jumped the fence and stole all the new windows. These people had someone to help then because it was 16 windows, the new front door that was to be installed that day, two tiolets, cement and paint. She was so digusted. She has been living in that house for 55 years and was just doing some renovations. She said the crime in Jamaica is islandwide. She lived with no fence surrounding her property and no bars on her windows until the mid 90s when it really started getting bad, by 2000 all hell broke lose when the deportees started flooding her area. It's just crazy

Tre, read this article http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/20080513/news/news2.html

Roxcie

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon yaardies...I was hoping that you all could just send up some prayers for my hubby...he is having such a rough time financially right now...there are so many things we have going on and he's being stretched thin (whatever that means...since he didn't have much to stretch with in the beginning!) As many of your SO's probably are, he is not only supporting himself, but he is also supporting his mother, grandmother, and 2 nephews (please don't get me started on why his brother won't support his OWN children but can somehow find the means to go back and forth to the Bahamas for months at a time :ranting::ranting: ) Anyway, he was/is doing the best he could from week to week, but now with the increase in taxi fare, it's going to cost an extra $40/US per week for him to get back and forth to work :( He works in Runaway Bay and lives in St. Ann's Bay...I was thinking of getting him a bike so he could bike to work sometimes, but he's afraid of riding on the roads with all the crazy drivers...I don't know what to do at this point...any ideas? He almost refuses to accept any monetary assistance from me WHATSOEVER, so I don't really push the issue...unless he brings it up....which is usually too late. Quick story: One time, I hadn't heard from him in a week, and of course I was frantic---well, I had gotten a call from his aunt who's a nurse who told me that he had been in the HOSPITAL hooked up to IV's because he hadn't eaten in almost 2 weeks!!! This man DAMN NEAR DIED because of his pride---he didn't want to ask for any help!! After that incident we had a LONG talk about the consequences of pride and the fact that sometimes, we all need somebody at some point. I appreciate the fact that he doesn't ask...I've never had that problem--but come on now---IV's??? I love him so much, and his will, determination, strength, I admire so much, but I also know that he's being pushed to a breaking point...it seems like there's just one thing after another all of the time, and a man can only take so much....Thanks for letting me vent.....

Tamisha

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Timeline
Morning all and happy belated Mothers day to the Mommies and Mommies to be -

I have been hibernating - I have a wicked sinus infection again, and finally went to an ENT yesterday - He did some type of scope thing (won't describe it, it was nasty) that left my nose and throat so sore, and today I am going for a CT Scan - it looks like I am ultimately headed for surgery to clear them out and fix my deviated septum. At this point, I just want the infection cleared before I leave for JA!

Hi good morning, Please don't try to fly with a sinus infection. If you want pain, then try flying with an sinus infection. I flew one time with a sinus infection and it was the worst experience I ever had.

Roxcie

ROXIE;

Where you been my girl?

Good morning Trelawn,

Girl I had been under the weather and a little depress with missing my hubsand. I want to travel to JA, but we are in the process of putting our timeline together. With the price of air tickets, going for a weekend is no longer an option. I told my hubby last night that I was getting a house boat and we were going to live on it, until we get this visa stuff situated. I want to go there for the entire summer, but with the crime on the rise, he is having second thoughts on this.

Right now I am so bored at work, when I get bored it is time for me to travel.

Happy Belated Mothers Day to you and everyone else on VJ.

Roxcie

I hear you. My aunt lives in Clarendon and she was having all the windows in her house replaced and the bars on the outside changed. My aunt and the guys that were working on the house left for an hour or so to go and buy some more materials. My aunt's property is surrounded by a very large fence and an automated gate and someone jumped the fence and stole all the new windows. These people had someone to help then because it was 16 windows, the new front door that was to be installed that day, two tiolets, cement and paint. She was so digusted. She has been living in that house for 55 years and was just doing some renovations. She said the crime in Jamaica is islandwide. She lived with no fence surrounding her property and no bars on her windows until the mid 90s when it really started getting bad, by 2000 all hell broke lose when the deportees started flooding her area. It's just crazy

Tre, read this article http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/20080513/news/news2.html

Roxcie

Lawd Roxcie...mi speechless...I'm not even going to cuss

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Tamisha........I'm so sorry.

After the week I've had, you really don't want my general opinion on supporting the family cause it will come off as rude. I am going to suggest he finds a way to rein it all in cause it will only get worse when he comes to the US. And, don't think they won't find a way to make him sick over it from that far of a distance.

I wish you both luck in figuring it all out.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

After the week I've had, you really don't want my general opinion on supporting the family cause it will come off as rude. I am going to suggest he finds a way to rein it all in cause it will only get worse when he comes to the US. And, don't think they won't find a way to make him sick over it from that far of a distance.

I am so afraid of this...you know, we try to have these conversations every so often, and he SWEARS that he will not allow them to do it...but I know better. I have a feeling I'm going to be coming up with a whole new set of curse words when we have to deal with this here...

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Afternoon yaardies...I was hoping that you all could just send up some prayers for my hubby...he is having such a rough time financially right now...there are so many things we have going on and he's being stretched thin (whatever that means...since he didn't have much to stretch with in the beginning!) As many of your SO's probably are, he is not only supporting himself, but he is also supporting his mother, grandmother, and 2 nephews (please don't get me started on why his brother won't support his OWN children but can somehow find the means to go back and forth to the Bahamas for months at a time :ranting::ranting: ) Anyway, he was/is doing the best he could from week to week, but now with the increase in taxi fare, it's going to cost an extra $40/US per week for him to get back and forth to work :( He works in Runaway Bay and lives in St. Ann's Bay...I was thinking of getting him a bike so he could bike to work sometimes, but he's afraid of riding on the roads with all the crazy drivers...I don't know what to do at this point...any ideas? He almost refuses to accept any monetary assistance from me WHATSOEVER, so I don't really push the issue...unless he brings it up....which is usually too late. Quick story: One time, I hadn't heard from him in a week, and of course I was frantic---well, I had gotten a call from his aunt who's a nurse who told me that he had been in the HOSPITAL hooked up to IV's because he hadn't eaten in almost 2 weeks!!! This man DAMN NEAR DIED because of his pride---he didn't want to ask for any help!! After that incident we had a LONG talk about the consequences of pride and the fact that sometimes, we all need somebody at some point. I appreciate the fact that he doesn't ask...I've never had that problem--but come on now---IV's??? I love him so much, and his will, determination, strength, I admire so much, but I also know that he's being pushed to a breaking point...it seems like there's just one thing after another all of the time, and a man can only take so much....Thanks for letting me vent.....

Tamisha

No problem in venting we all do it at some point, my heart goes out to your husband, the bike sounds like a good idea to help save money.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Tamisha

Oh Mrs. P I'm so sorry ya'll are going through this. I'll pray that things get better...and why the hell is he support his brother. Is something wrong with him? Girl, don't get me started on Jamaican men and their pride.... :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I am so afraid of this...you know, we try to have these conversations every so often, and he SWEARS that he will not allow them to do it...but I know better. I have a feeling I'm going to be coming up with a whole new set of curse words when we have to deal with this here...

As soon as he leaves j.a. all the so-called problems will start, they are used to him supporting them and he is used to it also.

As soon as he leaves j.a. all the so-called problems will start, they are used to him supporting them and he is used to it also.

I was about to say that... Girl, let me tell you it's not going to get easier. I've sat my fiance down and talk to him and told him how it is. When you land in America A.K.A. "FARRIN" everyone else in your family in Jamaica think you have a backyard full of money trees. His cousin already told him how they going to send money for him to buy car or motorcycle and send it down. I've been there many, many times. People's feelings will get hurt and family members will stop talking to you, but who gives a RAT'S A$$. You came to the states to be with me and support me and our family. I didn't break my neck spending money to get your A$$ here only to have you work and support your family out there :angry: Very touchy subject for me. I watch my parents have many arguments over things like this, because everyone depended on my dad eventhough he was the only one with very young children by the time he came to the states. His other siblings were well off, but no one brother to call them. So, if you can't deal with my rules and regulations, just tell me what date you want me to reserve your airline ticket...chat bout! No room for neigoations there and my fiance is forbidden to give out the house number. They can call the cell number until mi batteries burn up :angry:

tep aff a mi name

Girl they all say that....I could teach you some new CURSE words...just kidding (just trying to make you laugh) :devil:

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I pray that is all it is.....him supporting who he is used to supporting. In our very case, it's so much more then that.........people come from everywhere. And, it's not just about money.....sometimes it's schemes they want you to join in on. It can be more then a person can take.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I was about to say that... Girl, let me tell you it's not going to get easier. I've sat my fiance down and talk to him and told him how it is. When you land in America A.K.A. "FARRIN" everyone else in your family in Jamaica think you have a backyard full of money trees. His cousin already told him how they going to send money for him to buy car or motorcycle and send it down. I've been there many, many times. People's feelings will get hurt and family members will stop talking to you, but who gives a RAT'S A$$. You came to the states to be with me and support me and our family. I didn't break my neck spending money to get your A$$ here only to have you work and support your family out there :angry: Very touchy subject for me. I watch my parents have many arguments over things like this, because everyone depended on my dad eventhough he was the only one with very young children by the time he came to the states. His other siblings were well off, but no one brother to call them. So, if you can't deal with my rules and regulations, just tell me what date you want me to reserve your airline ticket...chat bout! No room for neigoations there and my fiance is forbidden to give out the house number. They can call the cell number until mi batteries burn up :angry:

Tre.....true words, girlie. I needed to hear that today. Thanks. What I would not give to mash up the phone some days!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Tre.....true words, girlie. I needed to hear that today. Thanks. What I would not give to mash up the phone some days!

amen!!

Timeline

Tamisha

Oh Mrs. P I'm so sorry ya'll are going through this. I'll pray that things get better...and why the hell is he support his brother. Is something wrong with him? Girl, don't get me started on Jamaican men and their pride.... :angry:

and like u say asking when its too late!?!.. by then I may not have it either. Its a blessing to have someone JA or US that doesn't take advantage of an independent, hard working woman, but I also want to be your partner and your teammate and be able to offer some help if I can. That is a conversation that seems like it will have to be recurring

Since we on this topic let me give ya'll a little story;

My dad been here a long time and always worked his A$$ off. He's one of 14 siblings and the only one with young kids. Almost all of his siblings were living here in the states and doing very well. Every damn rahtid time something happened they call my dad. If the roof leaking, they call my dad, somebody sick, they call my dad, kids need clothing or school they call my dad. Now, the siblings that were here there kids were all grown. My dad had not even been in the states a month and he was getting letters asking for fridge, tv, mattress, stove and ANY DAMN THING YOU COULD FIT INTO A BARRELL. This almost caused my parents to split up many, many times. His mom was the main person. From the time that I turned 12 they could not call anymore. You see, my mom side of the family knew BETTER, because my mom didn't play with them and well, I have my mom tyrant side. So, when my dad's side of the family would call and I would answer the phone they would get a mouth full and I would say, daddy I love you, but your family is going to drive us in the poor house. This went on until I was about 18. AND THE WERE CALLING COLLECT.......

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.