13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

blacknwhite.jpg

i know you are all probably getting tired of the baby pics....but i was playing around with photo shop(while i should have been sleeping) and thought this was cute....JAenglish what do you think??

Gill....congratz on Ken's new job!!! how did he like his first day?

Timeline
Guess what, I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST TODAYYYYYYYYYYYY :dance:

I am now the proud owner of a spanking new license, suh mi can drive legally now!!!

Congrats!! :dance:

I am sending you a PM with my JA #s before I forget, lol

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
*****GOOD NEWS*****

:dance::dance:Ken got a job! :dance::dance: He is going to be working at a Jamaican/Chinese Restaurant/Night Club! Doing what he does...being a Jack of all trades!!! :D My Dad knows the owner and told him to bring Ken down last night for an 11:00pm interview :blink: ...I was like pure foolishness that! But, Ken came back like... :D . He said "Baby Gurl, mi mash hup deh hinterview! Mi tell deh ooman nuf tings mi see fuh fix and clean up inna dis place!" He gave his resume & letters of recommendation! Then he started pointing out things to her and how he could fix it or make it better... she was like..."YOU'RE HIRED!!! Come back tomorrow at 9AM!!!" ;)

Plus because he is legal she started him off at a DYAM good rate and told him she will increase it if he saves her $$ on hiring outside people to fix things!! She also told him if he does a good job she will continue to allow him to work there until he gets his green card!! :D THANK GOD!!! GOD IS GOOD!!! So I dropped him off this morning! He was so excited...I almost felt like I was dropping off one of my kids at school for the first time!

Thank you all for your prayers and blessings!

We sincerely appreciate it!

Have a happy Monday!

Gill

Hey Gill....Tell Ken CONGRATS on landing the new job! :dance:

I'm sooo happy for you two and it sounds like Ken really impressed the manager so I wish him well! Atleast this lets me know that Dave "might" be able to get a job once he gets here and gets the work stamp. :thumbs: Ken must be too thrilled and i'm sure this really boosted his confidence so congrats are definitely in order.

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
How is everyone today?

JG- sorry about your aunt :(

Still no news from vermont. Its going on 7 months now.Life isnt going the greatest for me right now, still in need of prayers :)

I'm sorry Shrewdie....I was wondering how things were with you. I pray that u hear something soon....I know the last few months have been stressful but hopefully, good news is near.

Tonisha

I almost forgot.....to Claire.....tell Mike good luck with the interview tomorrow!!!! I'm praying you'll have good news soon after. Best of Luck and let us know how it goes.....we'll be thinking of you!

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
How is everyone today?

Still no news from vermont. Its going on 7 months now.Life isnt going the greatest for me right now, still in need of prayers :)

I'm sorry Shrewdie....I was wondering how things were with you. I pray that u hear something soon....I know the last few months have been stressful but hopefully, good news is near.

Tonisha

I almost forgot.....to Claire.....tell Mike good luck with the interview tomorrow!!!! I'm praying you'll have good news soon after. Best of Luck and let us know how it goes.....we'll be thinking of you!

Thanks Tonisha. I will tell hime when I call him tonight that he is in yours and all the yardies prayers--even those that did not say it :yes: . I sure will let you all know how it went. I will be at work tomorrow till 7pm, but will try to post when I hear from him :thumbs:

Best wishes to Mike and Kirk on their interviews tomorrow! :thumbs:

Gooooo Kirk and Mike. Good luck and best wishes from me too.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Yardies.....

It's Monday and my day off. Thank you, Thank you....

Been missing you guy's. Looks like most things are going well... I'm still waiting in the wind for my NOA2, but I'm patient. Congrats Gill & Ken. Chinese/Jamaican????? Jerk Chicken with spring rolls! How did that happen? (lol) All the best to you guy's. Congrats JaEng on finally getting that license girlie...

Hey Sunny, where you been - packing for you trip yet??

My computer had a virus, so I wasn't on much. You should be packing before me. I'm not leaving until 6/2. lol Can you send me some luck ova dis way. I would like to get my NOA2 sometime soon.. lol

how long are yo9u going to be in JA?

we should all have a jamaica meet up :)

I will be there june 6 - in mobay..then we head off to the bush (spaldings)

I'm leaving on june 6. We really need to all meet up there though....

we totally do...even if its at the ever famous Island grill. hahahha

what time is your flight leaving?

I get there about 1 JA time I think

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
How is everyone today?

Tonisha

Thank you so much! THat means more than you will ever know!

yeah claire...GOOD LUCK!!! how exciting!!!!

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Gooooo Kirk and Mike. Good luck and best wishes from me too.

Claire, you KNOW he'll be FINE right??????

Basically, it's not even an 'interview' because it's his DAD filing for him....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Mawnin yaardies! I just wanted to send Claire special shout outs and prayers today!! I know Mike will be fine...I'm praying that the Embassy doesn't screw up and he gets his visa in a timely manner!! :lol::lol:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

:ot: I need some help!

As you all know Andrew was approved on April 15th......However, on April 25, he was involved in a car accident.......At the time of his interview, he was not on any medication.......Since the accident, he has been put on a prescription.......He has a prescription for 2 refills on a 30 day supply......

Should I have him fill those prescriptions before he leaves Jamaica and bring them through customs?

Should I have him just bring the paper prescription and get him a doctors appt here soon?

He needs these meds and I am scared that it will be a mess with customs when he comes through if he brings them?

HELP!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Filed: Timeline
:ot: I need some help!

As you all know Andrew was approved on April 15th......However, on April 25, he was involved in a car accident.......At the time of his interview, he was not on any medication.......Since the accident, he has been put on a prescription.......He has a prescription for 2 refills on a 30 day supply......

Should I have him fill those prescriptions before he leaves Jamaica and bring them through customs?

Should I have him just bring the paper prescription and get him a doctors appt here soon?

He needs these meds and I am scared that it will be a mess with customs when he comes through if he brings them?

HELP!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Mawnin Tonya;

He'll be fine. As long as his name is on the bottles or some still give them in the small brown envelopes, they can't do a thing to HIM. If he's worried, have him get a note from the doctor or bring his hospital papers with him. In 2002 I crashed my motorcycle (nearly killed me) and I had 4 bottles of meds with me. They didn't even look at them. I had them in my carry on in clear view. Have him FILL them. He may be in a lot of pain on the flight, like I was. I'm not sure how long his flight is, but I had to sit for 7 hours (flight took 3.5 hours), but Air Jamaica was delayed and I was so glad I had my pain meds. Another thing, you know how much meds cost up here my girl. Unless he's already on your plan, but still, he should not have any problems.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Definitely fill the prescription - He will need the meds, and might have a hard time getting them here, never mind the cost of them! I have travelled the reverse with my prescription meds, and never had a problem - Actually, the only item that I ever got questioned on was my eye drops - I had individual vials, and the woman thought that they were syringes!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline
Definitely fill the prescription - He will need the meds, and might have a hard time getting them here, never mind the cost of them! I have travelled the reverse with my prescription meds, and never had a problem - Actually, the only item that I ever got questioned on was my eye drops - I had individual vials, and the woman thought that they were syringes!

LOL ... MAWNIN Sus;

My sis is diabetic and when we got to Baltimore the TSA person at the x-ray machines wanted to know why she had an entire box of needles in her carry-on. It was just the box. She kept her supplies in the box, the rest of the needles were in her suitcase, but the look on his face was priceless. He didn't even ask her for any info, she just showed him her braclet. Like I have to walk with an EPI-Pen for my son, they always want toknow what it is, so I don't even explain anymore I just hand them the paperwork.

TONYA...tell him he'll be fine.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.