Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Gill --

Unu READ DIS...a wah di RASS a gwaane.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/community/n...0,3978505.story

This is what the war in Iraq has done to our men.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Tonisha on the approval and Gill on your fiance's arrival (L)

Hey Brownskinn, I see you're hitting the books like me - I am so tired of school but I know this will pay off and help to provide a better life for the family.

JAX AND SHAUNA - I wish the both of you a (relatively) painless labor and delivery on your little princesses...Gavin is already looking women :) so I might be calling you to set up talks of an arranged marriage *lol* just kidding :)

:lol::lol: well i am not sure about painless...i just had my ultra sound and well....she is in the 90th percentile for growth and about 8.6 pounds already....my dr yesterday said she thinks i will go another 2 weeks....so if that is true and babies gain about a half pound a week....i don't even want to think about it...and the hair...OMG...her head is COVERD with hair and just blowing in the breeze :lol: it was so cute!!!

:rofl: We could make an arranged marriage. :luv: Painless it must be if woman choose to have more than one. I will have a painless labor I will be asking for drugs. Doc said anytime next week until my do date she could pop out. If she is as big as Shaunas little one he said I will have a C-section. She has to be 8 pounds or less. We will see in two weeks at the ultra sound.

Shauna I can't believe you could see the hair how neat.

At work they threw me a shower. The staff got me a gift certificate to Target. I will be saving it for diapers.

Well I have 2 kids and "painless" is not a word I associate with either of them! However, the mind has a way of dulling that memory as time goes on so that you get lulled into having another one - LOL!! For my first I was drugs all the way, but then I really paid for it afterwards because it made recovery slower. With my 2nd I was totally natural - no drugs and I was begging to go home before 24 hrs was up. My advice is don't feel pressured to take the drugs because you are unsure of your pain tolerance (we are women so it is much higher tolerance than a mans!!) While it is a "pain" like no other, it really is not all that bad. And what a great gift you get for all the work!!!

My friend...same one who had the 8.5 baby that was supposed to be 6.5, had it naturally to. She planned it that way, but said it came to a point where she really wanted the drugs but it was too late. She said it was good that she didnt need them and didnt take them either. Oh and she had her baby squatting and actually caught the baby when it came out :blink: . I know that sounds crazy!! But when she explained it all it made the most sense vs doing it in a bed. So maybe I'll try that :unsure:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Congrats Tonisha on the approval and Gill on your fiance's arrival (L)

Hey Brownskinn, I see you're hitting the books like me - I am so tired of school but I know this will pay off and help to provide a better life for the family.

JAX AND SHAUNA - I wish the both of you a (relatively) painless labor and delivery on your little princesses...Gavin is already looking women :) so I might be calling you to set up talks of an arranged marriage *lol* just kidding :)

:lol::lol: well i am not sure about painless...i just had my ultra sound and well....she is in the 90th percentile for growth and about 8.6 pounds already....my dr yesterday said she thinks i will go another 2 weeks....so if that is true and babies gain about a half pound a week....i don't even want to think about it...and the hair...OMG...her head is COVERD with hair and just blowing in the breeze :lol: it was so cute!!!

:rofl: We could make an arranged marriage. :luv: Painless it must be if woman choose to have more than one. I will have a painless labor I will be asking for drugs. Doc said anytime next week until my do date she could pop out. If she is as big as Shaunas little one he said I will have a C-section. She has to be 8 pounds or less. We will see in two weeks at the ultra sound.

Shauna I can't believe you could see the hair how neat.

At work they threw me a shower. The staff got me a gift certificate to Target. I will be saving it for diapers.

Well I have 2 kids and "painless" is not a word I associate with either of them! However, the mind has a way of dulling that memory as time goes on so that you get lulled into having another one - LOL!! For my first I was drugs all the way, but then I really paid for it afterwards because it made recovery slower. With my 2nd I was totally natural - no drugs and I was begging to go home before 24 hrs was up. My advice is don't feel pressured to take the drugs because you are unsure of your pain tolerance (we are women so it is much higher tolerance than a mans!!) While it is a "pain" like no other, it really is not all that bad. And what a great gift you get for all the work!!!

I completely disagree with this. Both my kids were delivered vaginally with one being 9.5 lbs. and one right at 10 lbs. I knew I was going with drugs all the way....it made everything easier to bear for me. Afterwards no issues whatsoever.

Thanks Gill --

Unu READ DIS...a wah di RASS a gwaane.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/community/n...0,3978505.story

This is what the war in Iraq has done to our men.

I have a problem with that article. Saw it in the Gleaner. So tired of everyone blaming everyone else. He knew it was wrong to try and bring that stuff on the plane and probably wrong to show anyone how to do it. It's time people take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming everyone else. The Devil made me do it is not a good enough excuse.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawning Family!!

KEN IS HERE!!!!! He is watching me type this right now (hehehehehehehehehehe). He got in around 10:30 last night and FINALLY came out of customs at 11:30!!!! I just keep starring at him and giggling cyan't believe em reach!

He says "Hi" to you all and thanks you for holding down his ooman! Well we have some running around to do today!

I'll check-in with ya'll later ;)

Have a bless-ed day!

:luv: Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Mawning Family!!

KEN IS HERE!!!!! He is watching me type this right now (hehehehehehehehehehe). He got in around 10:30 last night and FINALLY came out of customs at 11:30!!!! I just keep starring at him and giggling cyan't believe em reach!

He says "Hi" to you all and thanks you for holding down his ooman! Well we have some running around to do today!

Have a bless-ed day!

WELCOME HOME KEN!!!!!!.........Gilly take it easy on em......Em been travelin.....but sure he has enuff strength for YOU!....... :whistle: ....

Peace & Love,

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Timeline
Mawning Family!!

Have a bless-ed day!

Welcome Ken!!!!!

Gill...when is the wedding?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Gill,

Very happy for u.

I have a question about KJ's Visa, he's getting a K-2, but when Gill and Ken get married he's out of status right? and then they file the AOS. At that point can KJ still get a K-2, because at that point Ken's K-1 is not valid anymore. and they would have to file the I-30. someone correct please if i'm wrong.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

It's a good question, Jengles. I had no idea. Here is what I found so far.

Following-to-Join Benefits

Please note: This section is only applicable to lawful permanent residents who did not gain their LPR status as the immediate relative of a U.S. citizen.

If you had children before you became a lawful permanent resident, and your children did not physically accompany you to the United States, and you would now like your children to join you in the United States, your children may be eligible for following-to-join benefits. This means that you do not have to submit a separate Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for your children, and your children will not have to wait any extra time for a visa number to become available. In this case, you can simply notify a U.S. consulate that you are a lawful permanent resident so that your children can apply for immigrant visas. If, however, you immigrated to the U.S. as an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen who did not or could not petition for your children, you will need to file a separate I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. In this case, see How Do I Bring My Child, Son or Daughter to Live in the U.S.?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Please note: This section is only applicable to lawful permanent residents who did not gain their LPR status as the immediate relative of a U.S. citizen.

If you had children before you became a lawful permanent resident, and your children did not physically accompany you to the United States, and you would now like your children to join you in the United States, your children may be eligible for following-to-join benefits. This means that you do not have to submit a separate Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for your children, and your children will not have to wait any extra time for a visa number to become available. In this case, you can simply notify a U.S. consulate that you are a lawful permanent resident so that your children can apply for immigrant visas. If, however, you immigrated to the U.S. as an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen who did not or could not petition for your children, you will need to file a separate I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. In this case, see How Do I Bring My Child, Son or Daughter to Live in the U.S.?

So in other words, Gill would have to hope he gets an interview before they get married or they are going to have to file an I-i30.

Ok, so what happens when u file an I-130 for everyone, the father and children and just the father comes up first . Can the children just come up?

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Mawning Family!!

Have a bless-ed day!

Welcome to NY Ken!! Glad you made it safely. Take good care of that special lady you have. :innocent:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

So in other words, Gill would have to hope he gets an interview before they get married or they are going to have to file an I-i30.

Ok, so what happens when u file an I-130 for everyone, the father and children and just the father comes up first . Can the children just come up?

You are talking about after the children have had their medical and been issued a visa, right? In that case, I believe so.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

CONGRATS :dance: I am so happy for you guys! Don't be a stranger around here now :whistle:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawnin Yardies!

Happy Thursday... One more day of work for some of us..... Yippie!

(Been waiting to say this) Welcome to the states Ken. NY is a wonderful place to be and there's a lot to see. If nothing else, know that you have an awesome woman by your side. Take care of her.

Peace

SunnyJa

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

these damn USCIS people are REALLY pissing me off......Can't book ANYTHING until I have my son's stuff in hand....how the HELL can you approve a MOTHER'S stuff without approving the CHILD'S???????

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.