Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill here is a link to the AP topic....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...Advanced+Parole

also when i went onto uscis.com and looked at the instructions of the i-131 it said

B. A Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was filed on your behalf and is pending with USCIS.

However, upon returning to the United States, you must present your valid H, L, K, or V nonimmigrant visa and continue to remain eligible for that status.

so unfortunatly is doesn't seem possible to file for it before you file for the aos....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Gill about AP....i think you can only file for that when you send off you AOS packet...it is included in the fee that you pay....but I think you can't send it off ahead of time it has to all be sent in together....

Yep that is the way it is now. I am pretty sure you can't file separate anymore.

Yes I agree with both of you.

Andre actually reads what I write most of the time. He'll say (insert random Patois cussword here) you did not just tell them that!

:lol: A reads here as well...I am usually showing off my patois skills to him. Come read this...look at this...

Yardi. How long did it take for you to learn patois, writing as well as speaking? Were you ever made fun of when trying to learn?

Speaking I am still learning...I can say a lot of it in my head but because I don't really have the accent very good it sounds funny when I say things sometimes- so usually it is a mix of patois/english. A and my friends down in JA always said that I do pretty good but I do really good when I am pissed off and just let if flow :lol:

Unfortunately there are some bad minded people out there that did make fun of me but I just try and ignore them. At least I am putting myself out of my comfort zone to learn something new. Usually I just get mad respect from people because very few "yankees" try and take the time to learn and continue to try even when I do get made fun of. When I kept going back to JA and living a lot of the community thought it was great that I was adapting to their way of life and becoming Jamaicanized when a lot of the foreigners they see come down and try and americanize them.

Way to go Yards!! I can read it and understand when I listen to it, but can't speak it in any form. :whistle:

I understand the spoken word and can speak a lot of it back; but can't read it properly for the life of me.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

also when i went onto uscis.com and looked at the instructions of the i-131 it said

B. A Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was filed on your behalf and is pending with USCIS.

However, upon returning to the United States, you must present your valid H, L, K, or V nonimmigrant visa and continue to remain eligible for that status.

so unfortunatly is doesn't seem possible to file for it before you file for the aos....

Wah u seh Nanny -- I have a quick question. Mawnin fus, are you in Wilmington? Reason Im asking. My cousin is moving there next month and she wanted to know if there's a large Jamaican community. I've been to Delaware a few times for dances, but it wasn't anything big. I did run into a lot of Jamaicans there. That was back in 2002.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Isn't the I-94 your entry document? I think it's just called an EAD stamp

Yep, EAD stamp.

***update on my cousin's ex fiance

That dumb A$$ got married March 16th at the Ritz Carlton in Mobay. I'm wondering how long he knew this woman. My fiance has a lot of friends that works at the Ritz Carlton and they told my fiance that the wedding was a nice size. Last Saturday Marcel and the same friends that worked at the Rizt went to a dance in Mobay and saw him all over these woman (they looked like spring breakers). What a DOG! All I can say is that poor woman he just married. My cousin has since moved on. He's still calling my cousin and telling her he don't need her for nothing. Dumb A$$, I know I'm going to run into him next month and I can't wait.

Utterly dumbfounded!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to comment; but didn't really know what to say. So, I shook my head and moved on.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

UNU COME CLOSEEEEEE...

GUESS WHO BAX MI TODAY...just tek a good GUESS. Mi naw tell unu yet...unu afi guess

GUESS WHO BAX MI

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yards, are you a born Jamaican?

Nope not even close :no:

Girl get out of here. I would have never know.

:) I am whiter than white and started going to JA when I was 16 as a missionary. Went back again as a missionary - made a lot of friends and started going back just to visit. I only went 8 times total but I totally threw myself into the culture and way of life. I never stayed in a hotel - always in a house or with a family in the mountain area of St. Catherine so I was definitely immersed into the JA way of living and had to learn quick.

So you got used to taking cold showers?? That was the only thing I consistently complained about after going in '06. That was the first thing I check when I got the Holiday Inn!!

I got used to cold showers or even having to take my bath out of the little basin I would fill with water from the tank out back when they shut off the water :yes: I even stayed in a place way up in the mountains for a week with no running water and electricity. You went to bed when the sun set cause there wasn't anything to do. To be honest I really loved the way I lived when I was there. Most people think how could you have enjoyed washing all your clothes by hand, walking everywhere you went, squeezing up into the taxis or standing on the buses, always having to have a chaperone after dark cause women don't walk the streets alone in the night...it really was a completely new way of living but I loved it. I really loved it and wish I could go back to it. I miss the sense of community and walking down the streets in the early morning hailing up all the people, I miss the carefree attitude and all the friends, I miss falling asleep listening to the cicadas and crikets and the occasional bashment ;) while the cool night breeze would blow over you. I miss it all very much :(

Look now I am getting all emotional :cry:

Edited by Yardiewife

Yep, EAD stamp.

That dumb A$$ got married March 16th at the Ritz Carlton in Mobay. I'm wondering how long he knew this woman. My fiance has a lot of friends that works at the Ritz Carlton and they told my fiance that the wedding was a nice size. Last Saturday Marcel and the same friends that worked at the Rizt went to a dance in Mobay and saw him all over these woman (they looked like spring breakers). What a DOG! All I can say is that poor woman he just married. My cousin has since moved on. He's still calling my cousin and telling her he don't need her for nothing. Dumb A$$, I know I'm going to run into him next month and I can't wait.

Utterly dumbfounded!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth. I was going to comment; but didn't really know what to say. So, I shook my head and moved on.

JG -- what happened to your beautiful picture. One of my co-workers were all in your pics a few months ago. I told him...you see that FINE man beside her, now back off.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Andre actually reads what I write most of the time. He'll say (insert random Patois cussword here) you did not just tell them that!

:lol: A reads here as well...I am usually showing off my patois skills to him. Come read this...look at this...

Yardi. How long did it take for you to learn patois, writing as well as speaking? Were you ever made fun of when trying to learn?

Speaking I am still learning...I can say a lot of it in my head but because I don't really have the accent very good it sounds funny when I say things sometimes- so usually it is a mix of patois/english. A and my friends down in JA always said that I do pretty good but I do really good when I am pissed off and just let if flow :lol:

Unfortunately there are some bad minded people out there that did make fun of me but I just try and ignore them. At least I am putting myself out of my comfort zone to learn something new. Usually I just get mad respect from people because very few "yankees" try and take the time to learn and continue to try even when I do get made fun of. When I kept going back to JA and living a lot of the community thought it was great that I was adapting to their way of life and becoming Jamaicanized when a lot of the foreigners they see come down and try and americanize them.

Yardie...you impress me everyday with your knowledge and your quick take on patois!! I said it before...I'll say it agaain...I would NEVER know that you weren't born-Jamaican...you do so well with patois! :thumbs:I will lick dung hennyboddi dat mek fun hof yuh! :angry::lol:

Gill

Thanks :thumbs: I think anyone who makes fun of another person for trying something new should be licked dung :yes: I just don't get why people would make fun of others genuine attempts at bettering themselves and learning, ya know? But unfortunately it happens a lot which is really quite sad and speaks volumes about that persons character. This topic is a sore point for me...it really bothers me that others will break people down instead of building them up.

:thumbs:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Wah u seh Nanny -- I have a quick question. Mawnin fus, are you in Wilmington? Reason Im asking. My cousin is moving there next month and she wanted to know if there's a large Jamaican community. I've been to Delaware a few times for dances, but it wasn't anything big. I did run into a lot of Jamaicans there. That was back in 2002.

I would say there is a pretty nice sized JA community in Wilmington...more so in the city...there are several different resturants that mike would go to that were YUMMY!!!! as well has groccery stores...and they have a festival in August i think that is a lot of fun....there is one resturant that is outside the "city" area that is SO good and pretty cheap and their patties are very good!!! if you want i can give you a list of the different places

Timeline

:) I am whiter than white and started going to JA when I was 16 as a missionary. Went back again as a missionary - made a lot of friends and started going back just to visit. I only went 8 times total but I totally threw myself into the culture and way of life. I never stayed in a hotel - always in a house or with a family in the mountain area of St. Catherine so I was definitely immersed into the JA way of living and had to learn quick.

So you got used to taking cold showers?? That was the only thing I consistently complained about after going in '06. That was the first thing I check when I got the Holiday Inn!!

Gilly when you apply for AP you are eligible to apply because of filing the I-485 (AOS). If you don't file AOS then he technically wouldn't qualify for an AP document. So therefore you have to file them together.

What's AP?

Cold showers never bothered me. It was lack of water sometimes that just about killed me.

AP= Advanced Parole......the ability to leave and return to the US before receiving a valid green card

Edited by Jomo's girl

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Gilly when you apply for AP you are eligible to apply because of filing the I-485 (AOS). If you don't file AOS then he technically wouldn't qualify for an AP document. So therefore you have to file them together.

What's AP?

Cold showers never bothered me. It was lack of water sometimes that just about killed me.

Well, girl try taking a bath in RIVER water at 5:30 am in the morning. If you're not AWAKE...you damn sure will be by the time you step into the river.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I got used to cold showers or even having to take my bath out of the little basin I would fill with water from the tank out back when they shut off the water :yes: I even stayed in a place way up in the mountains for a week with no running water and electricity. You went to bed when the sun set cause there wasn't anything to do. To be honest I really loved the way I lived when I was there. Most people think how could you have enjoyed washing all your clothes by hand, walking everywhere you went, squeezing up into the taxis or standing on the buses, always having to have a chaperone after dark cause women don't walk the streets alone in the night...it really was a completely new way of living but I loved it. I really loved it and wish I could go back to it. I miss the sense of community and walking down the streets in the early morning hailing up all the people, I miss the carefree attitude and all the friends, I miss falling asleep listening to the cicadas and crikets and the occasional bashment ;) while the cool night breeze would blow over you. I miss it all very much :(

i used to take a shower with flip flops on incase a bug would try to get me.... :lol:

Timeline

Yep, EAD stamp.

Utterly dumbfounded!!!

JG -- what happened to your beautiful picture. One of my co-workers were all in your pics a few months ago. I told him...you see that FINE man beside her, now back off.

Which? The gigantic one at the bottom of all my posts? I just kind of figured I was being a little to boasty with that one. So, I settled on the avatar. Today, it is giving me issues. Something must be going on with my photobucket. I can't even log into it to see. I'm trying.

Awwwwwww.........and thank you for the comments. I can't wait to see your wedding pictures!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
UNU COME CLOSEEEEEE...

GUESS WHO BAX MI TODAY...just tek a good GUESS. Mi naw tell unu yet...unu afi guess

GUESS WHO BAX MI

ok...we knoa dis person?

I hear you Yards...I miss it too! It is a totally different type of living!

Bless,

Gill

Ahhhh, Thanks Nans... I truly appreciate it! You're a sweetie! :luv::luv::luv:

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.