Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Claire...congratz!!! :thumbs: i know what you mean about mixed having mixed emotions!!! everything will be ok!!

Thanks Nanny. :thumbs::thumbs:

After having lived alone for so long, it is a scary thought now that someone is going to share your space with you. :thumbs::thumbs:

Congrats Claire! :dance: I feel the same way about sharing the space.. I've never lived with a man before :blush:

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Is is Friday yet?

Dang, I'll be 468 months on May 31st. Hopefully, I 'll be in Jamaica celebrating my b'day.

Just wanted to share.

Wow that is a lot of months! I hope you are in JA celebrating as well.

Not Friday yet...almost there though.

Timeline
Claire...congratz!!! :thumbs: i know what you mean about mixed having mixed emotions!!! everything will be ok!!

After having lived alone for so long, it is a scary thought now that someone is going to share your space with you. :thumbs::thumbs:

Congrats Claire! :dance: I feel the same way about sharing the space.. I've never lived with a man before :blush:

I hadn't either and was super nervous about it. There were some awkward moments in the beginning and just the normal adjustment of living with someone who does things different than you. Things will be fine :) Learn to laugh at things and not let them stress you out. There were many times when I would do something "embarrasing" but I tried my best not to let it bother me and as days and weeks went by I got more comfortable and used to sharing the space.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My advice - HAVE YOUR OWN BATHROOM!!!! :whistle:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol::lol: I second that :yes:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline

I will third that :lol::yes: There were times when I would have given anything for a second bathroom!

Timeline

I will third that :lol::yes: There were times when I would have given anything for a second bathroom!

Man hairs :crying::ranting: This is our biggest fuss!! Please Please Please remove your man hairs from the sink area when you pluck them or shave your head :girlwerewolf2xn:

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Sus, your climate comment made me laugh.

I caught the end of Cool Runnings last night. When they first walked out of the Calgary airport and the scene right after where they looked like eskimos after buying winter gear, made me belly laugh. I flashed back to Andre's first cooler down to cold temps.

Hey JG;

How did Andre do with adjusting to the change in climate. From what I am expecting, with Mike having his interview on May 6th, he will be here in the height of summer and sure will feel like it does in Ja. He will initially be in Daytona Beach with his father and you know how hot Florida gets in the summer time. But I am worried about him adjusting to the cold (it gets really cold here in NC). He complains about the heat all the time, but the drastic change in temp might be a challenge.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Man hairs :crying::ranting: This is our biggest fuss!! Please Please Please remove your man hairs from the sink area when you pluck them or shave your head :girlwerewolf2xn:

and the counter, the floor, the toilet seat, the roll of TP, the hand towel, the bath rug... :lol:

Timeline

and the counter, the floor, the toilet seat, the roll of TP, the hand towel, the bath rug... :lol:

The list is never ending, I just had to learn to go with the flow. I tried to make him start using the other bathroom but he isn't hearing it at all.

Edited by Sonshyne

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

01-06-2012-Case Number

02-21-2012-Medical

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
Sus, your climate comment made me laugh.

I caught the end of Cool Runnings last night. When they first walked out of the Calgary airport and the scene right after where they looked like eskimos after buying winter gear, made me belly laugh. I flashed back to Andre's first cooler down to cold temps.

Hey JG;

How did Andre do with adjusting to the change in climate. From what I am expecting, with Mike having his interview on May 6th, he will be here in the height of summer and sure will feel like it does in Ja. He will initially be in Daytona Beach with his father and you know how hot Florida gets in the summer time. But I am worried about him adjusting to the cold (it gets really cold here in NC). He complains about the heat all the time, but the drastic change in temp might be a challenge.

He did fine. He just complained a lot.

I had tried to warn him that what he thought was "hot" and "cold" in Jamaica, I considered "warm" and "cool" in relation to St. Louis. Our heat and humidity is out of contol June-August and it can get pretty cold in the winter (which this year is still going on apparently!!!!).

The first thing he said to me in regards to weather was that he could never wear a long sleeve shirt. Ha Ha.....now, sometimes he wears 3 or 4 of them at once. Long underwear is his friend.

In summer, he stays out of the sun. In the winter, he dresses in layers and braves the weather. He has to take the bus and walk sometimes so he's learned to dress appropriately. It took a while before his common sense overcame his stubborness.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:lol::lol: I would love to have a second bathroom but not an option right now I live in a 1 bedroom apartment with 1 bath.. oh well guess that will bring us closer :no:

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Filed: Timeline

I FORTH THAT! If you want to drive me NUTS leave anywhere in the bathroom. I like an ALL WHITE BATHROOM. And don't let me see anything in or ON the toilet I will lose my FRIGGIN mind. :angry:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I FORTH THAT! If you want to drive me NUTS leave anywhere in the bathroom. I like an ALL WHITE BATHROOM. And don't let me see anything in or ON the toilet I will lose my FRIGGIN mind. :angry:

I fifth that - And do NOT use my razor to shave ANY part of your body!!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.