albkos

Interview today- not issued

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Administrative processing, there are a lot of meanings to that word, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

You can log MSN messages, I don't know about the web version, but it is an option on the 'local' version, however you probably don't have it flagged on your computer as such - so nothing to be done there. You might want to start now though, just in case they still want more evidence.

To do this:

View and save conversations

In the main MSN Messenger window or the Conversation window, click the Tools menu, and then click Options.

Click the Messages tab.

Under Message History, check Automatically keep a history of my conversations.

Click OK to save your messages in the default folder location.

—or—

Click Change, and then select the location where you want to save your messages.

Note: The first time you close a conversation window after talking with a contact, a dialog box will appear, asking if you want to keep a history of all of your messages. Selecting Yes in this dialog box will automatically save your instant message conversations in a folder on your computer.

link

Edited by trailmix

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is for all VJers, especially myangel2. I hope you all can give me some advice here. I have been visiting many forums on VJ with the hope of finding someone whose visa journey is similar to mine and maybe, share ideas on how to remedy the situation.

My fiancee's K-1 application was denied at the U.S. Consulate in Lagos, Nigeria in September 2007. According to the short letter they gave her then, the reason for the denial was: The relationship that is purported in this petition is not a real relationship. This is a relationship established for immigration purposes only.[/color] The Consulate subsequently returned our petition to USCIS in California. We weren't even given the opportunity to appeal.

But my fiancee and I did have a genuine relationship. In December 2007, I went to Nigeria and we got married on January 2, 2008. I filed an I-130 upon return to the U.S. My question is, what do I do to remedy the September 2007 denial so that she would not have the same experience when she is invited for an interview the second time? Based on what I have been reading, I would need to file I-601. Would I need to? My fiancee has never committed any crime, has no police record, has never been deported, and has no communicable diseases. I need some advice, pleeeeeease.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
How do you print logs from IM? We use MSN messenger. That is another issue. New policy at work. No Iming allowed anymore. So I sneak in using a web version of MSN messenger. IT has not blocked this one yet or else we talk on IM using Mobile IM. I mean they should realize there are so many ways of communication these days It is not like 40 years ago....And I bet it was alot easier 40 years ago to get a visa.

But I will tell him to have his family write some letters to bring and mine too.

I bet you the ones that are "frauding" get a visa real easy since they prob know the game very well!!!!!

THanks for the help!!!!!!!!!

OH yeah so would this be considered Administrative Processing even though it does not say that on the form? The form just says need : additional certificate and more evidence of relationship.......

Your basically in Administrative processing still. You have not reached the ground of denial and returned petition. The problem is that if you can't appease them that is where you will be.

You need to find a way to print chat logs that are dated. Send as much evidence as you can possibly think of. And be glad that they are at least giving you an opportunity to prove it. In Morocco they just send it back, even if they don't see any evidence. That is when you are on a long road.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
Administrative processing, there are a lot of meanings to that word, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

You can log MSN messages, I don't know about the web version, but it is an option on the 'local' version, however you probably don't have it flagged on your computer as such - so nothing to be done there. You might want to start now though, just in case they still want more evidence.

To do this:

View and save conversations

In the main MSN Messenger window or the Conversation window, click the Tools menu, and then click Options.

Click the Messages tab.

Under Message History, check Automatically keep a history of my conversations.

Click OK to save your messages in the default folder location.

—or—

Click Change, and then select the location where you want to save your messages.

Note: The first time you close a conversation window after talking with a contact, a dialog box will appear, asking if you want to keep a history of all of your messages. Selecting Yes in this dialog box will automatically save your instant message conversations in a folder on your computer.

link

:thumbs:

Start now!

You know, we started talking in November of 2003, and I had no idea that you needed this kind of proof until July of the following year. I do believe that the skilled fraudsters have this figured out while us newbies have to learn everything the hard way. Luckily I read and read and read once I realized that I had to not only prove that I was married, but had to prove it was real.

And its like was said, who would go through this torture for money? Honey, he couldn't have paid me enough dough to go through this #######! The only thing that made it worth it was pure and simple love.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This was an article that is being passed around the family based immigration forum

--which this forum apparently doesn't want us to type the address for, which seems weird because they have the same intentions! It edited it to stars so I had to edit the post. . .if you want to go there just google family based immigration and it will pop up--

it seems to be very helpful and informative with type of consular issue. It may be more complicated now that you are married.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

Edited by emt103c

Everything will be all right. Get the papers the embassy wants and your case should be cleared. I wish you will get the visa issued in the near future.

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

my fiance received a 221(g) for missing court and district attorney certificates

he got both certificates, notarized and translated into english all within 24 hours...he was issued the visa the next day...its really easy...in albanian the certificates are called 'Vertetim di Drejtuesi I Prokurorise' and 'Vertetim di Kryetari I Gjykates', they cost something really small, like 100 lek a peice. He can get them at the 'Prokuriria' and 'Gjkaten'...honestly i dont know exactly what all that means in english, i think the gjkaten is the court house and the prokuriria, im not sure...if he asks someone where he lives, im sure he can find out...i could have you speak to my fiance about obtaining the documents in tirana, but i dont think that will help you since your fiance is kosovar...i wish you luck, and hope that helped you out.

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Thanks!

How did your interview go otherwise? Does he have to wait for a new interview date now that he has the documents?

Did they approve the visa and are just waiting on the documents?

I hope it went well.

the interview other than that went very well...the consular officer asked him a lot of questions about our relationship (probably about 15-20 questions, i will post them later today in an embassy review), but he answered them all correctly and was able to provide evidences to back up his responses...he was just missing those two documents...they told him that once he has the documents and gets them notatized and translated that he should come back monday-thursday at 1pm...since our interview was wednesday, we came back the next day (thursday) at 1pm...they let him in with almost no wait at all, and he was out of there within a half an hour with the approval...they told him to come back the next day (friday) at 11:30 am to pick up the visa...and that was that! he will be here on the 25th :D good luck to you!

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Timeline
This is for all VJers, especially myangel2. I hope you all can give me some advice here. I have been visiting many forums on VJ with the hope of finding someone whose visa journey is similar to mine and maybe, share ideas on how to remedy the situation.

My fiancee's K-1 application was denied at the U.S. Consulate in Lagos, Nigeria in September 2007. According to the short letter they gave her then, the reason for the denial was: The relationship that is purported in this petition is not a real relationship. This is a relationship established for immigration purposes only.[/color] The Consulate subsequently returned our petition to USCIS in California. We weren't even given the opportunity to appeal.

But my fiancee and I did have a genuine relationship. In December 2007, I went to Nigeria and we got married on January 2, 2008. I filed an I-130 upon return to the U.S. My question is, what do I do to remedy the September 2007 denial so that she would not have the same experience when she is invited for an interview the second time? Based on what I have been reading, I would need to file I-601. Would I need to? My fiancee has never committed any crime, has no police record, has never been deported, and has no communicable diseases. I need some advice, pleeeeeease.

I don't know how I missed this one. Hon, I had it happen to me. I didn't know where to turn either. Read this link, it will guide you.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3896

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.