tung1965

security and address check?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

dear brothers, sisters,

Do they do the security and address check on beneficiary? If they do, when and how? before, after the interview or in the time of administration process? My fiance want to move to her sister house, but she scares because she think they will check where you live. need some advices about this matter, greatly thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you are asking about the security and address check on your fiancee in Vietnam. I dont' know if they actually call, check or not but they do require Passport, National ID card, a Police certificate, your Household Residency Book, Criminal and Prison records, Military records. All those are brought to the interview. If they do actually check, they don't say at the interview or in any papers they give out. It may they check if they do an adminstrative review.

The only mention in the Packet 4 instructions is that you list your actual residence not what is in the Family Residency Book (unless they are the same).

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Back in my days :whistle:

HCMC sends out its agents (vietnamese workers) to beneficiary's local/neighborhood and verify address/family tights. One case: Agent came to visit and no-one home, spoke to an unfriendly neighbor who bad mouth about the beneficiary. Case was denied! This happens accross the country, people got a visit from HCMC in Hanoi, Can Tho, HCM City etc.

HCMC calls the phone number you provide, ask random questions "Is Thuy living here?" "Is her 'HUSBAND' home?" in vietnamese of course.

I am not sure what they are doing nowadays....

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Yes, it did happened to my wife as well. Our case was in A.R. for 8 months and I fought really hard to get the case approved. One day, someone "claimed" to be a postal worker called my wife's house and asked for my wife and "her husband" to come down to the post office to receive a package. My wife's sister was the one answered the phone and she answered very smartly. She said her sister had never been married and her fiance was in the US. They must have reached the wrong person. That very same afternoon, the Consulate called my wife again and asked her to come finish up the paperworks for the Visa. Please do look up my old posts. I had a very detailed post about this whole ordeal. They only do fraud check when they suspect anything. However, when dealing with the US Consulate in saigon, never let your guard down.

Marc Ellis wrote some very interesting articles. It's worth reading. You will gain some better understanding of the whole deal.

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2004,0429-ellis.shtm

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2004,0108-ellis.shtm

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

dear brothers, sisters,

Do they do the security and address check on beneficiary? If they do, when and how? before, after the interview or in the time of administration process? My fiance want to move to her sister house, but she scares because she think they will check where you live. need some advices about this matter, greatly thanks.

They do send out people to check. They also ask her neighbor about her back ground. There are a lot of fake cases out there so they will do heavy screening on this. You do know about the neighbor do gossip and say things that aren't truth. So be very careful on this.

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.