Ahmed N Cheryl

Port Of Entry

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

YAHOOO To becky!!! Oh one day this shall come for each and every one of us...I pray it comes sooner for those that have been waiting for so long...........:)

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I still don't think it has sunk in yet that he will actually be here in less than two weeks. :dance:

I am hoping that all of the cases in AP for soooooooooooo long are resolved and have their visas very very soon. And that Cairo steps up their time for everyone else too. (F)

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

This is all you need to enter and pray that he has a safe trip.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
salam cheryl

hope u have nice day . u mean if he enter usa through JFK he can has temperary work permission

for 90 days ?

yes. I think one or two others do this too. Egypt Air has a direct flight from Cairo to JFK so that would be my option if we were a K-1. I will still have him come this way though even though we're K-3 since I dont' want any messups with changing planes in another country. I recall something happening to someone on here over a year ago where her husband was turned back to Morocco I think at the layover country because they wanted him to have a visa for that country even though he was only there on a layover. With my luck that'd happen to us. lol

OMG I didn't check with Milan to see if he needed a visa for there. I better do that. Thanks for bringing that up. :help:

Something else to worry about but need to get it taken care of.

The reason we did not pick JFK because on the flights we checked on he had to not only change planes but change airports to get a connecting flight to Birmingham or Atlanta. I thought that was way to confusing for him to deal with alone.

Besides from what I hear is most emplyers do not honor the EAD stamp you get at the airport anyway...they want to see the Green card. Oh course that was on VJ that I read it somewhere. Can't remember where exactly. But I was told he can file for one at the local USCIS office which is located in Atlanta.

But if he has to get another visa for Milan then we may have to change our plans.

Let me go check that.

Cheryl (F)

you don't need a visa for a layover but the people at the airport told him he had to go back anyways. I wish I could remember the thread so I could pull it up. It's kind of like the roundtrip thing where no matter what you do, if they want to play nasty no papers can make them stop. I am sure he'll be fine. Deemabrouk's husband went through milan with no worries. ;)

Good glad to hear that. I have been thorugh Paris and Greece on my way but never Milan so was not sure. But I remember even when I bought my ticket the airlines had a link that said click here to see if you need visa for other countries you layover in. All mine werre no did not need one. But I had forgotten about that.

What day is your SO coming? Sam is booked through Milan/Atlanta/DFW on 03/17. We just booked a one way tkt, but he is K3.

We have no idea Becky.....we are waiting for visa to be issued. We were hoping this week but looks like chances are slim to none now that it is already Thursday March 6th. But it appears the embassy is working on his file....we get a DHL alert everyday thorugh email. SO we are praying soon. But since he did not make it this week we will start planning for next weekend. Probably Saturday or late Friday. Depends on the visa.

I called the airlines to make sure and they said no we did not need a visa to layover in Milan. We have everything ready... all we need is a visa. LoooooooooooooooooL. Soon I hope.

Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I still don't think it has sunk in yet that he will actually be here in less than two weeks. :dance:

I am hoping that all of the cases in AP for soooooooooooo long are resolved and have their visas very very soon. And that Cairo steps up their time for everyone else too. (F)

oh becky that's wonderful he's here today... i pray the trip was safe... yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :dance:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Atlanta is a good POA. My husband came through Atlanta in 2003 from Morocco and the immigration agents were so nice to him. He said even though it took a long time to get through it, they were talking to him and welcoming him to Atlanta. Pretty much giving him lots of southern hospitality. It really gave him a good first impression of the people in the USA.

Debra

Well I called Customs in Atlanta airport to see what Ahmed would need when he gets to USA for his Port of Entry.

The guy was really nice and said all he needs is his Passport with the visa stamp and the envelope from the embassy sealed (unopened).

I also asked if they provided the temporary employment authorization document....unfortunately he said no they do not do that anymore there :crying::crying:

But it is nice to know he does not need to worry about anything else.

Cheryl (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Not sure if your SO has made it home yet.

All that it is needed for the POE is his passport and the envelope. My husband had the IR-1 and he's allowed to work immediately. The officer did tell us that it could possibly take up to a year for his green card to be sent to him. He said there is no rhyme or reason as to how long it takes to issue those. My husband came through JFK.

Good luck and Happy Reunion!!!!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.