dbears

January filers VSC lottery, who gets the jackpot next?

1,582 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hope everyone is doing well :)

The check for AOS was finally cashed this week ... what a nice dent in the checkbook!!! (NOT!)

I dont know if I am posting this right, I havent posted too much here ... My finances interview is July 24th at 9AM and we are both sooooooooooooooooo nervous !!! Can you guys help us out with maybe some sample questions, if they turn us down i dont know what the heck were gonna do...

Also, I read somewhere that if he comes in thru the JFK airport that he could get his work permit right away, is this true ?

Thanks

They just asked Liam how long we have known each other and where he will be living in the US. No biggy. Stay positive. They are just making sure it's a true relationship and not fraudulent. Everything will be fine. :)

K1
January 14, 2008: I29F Sent
May 20, 2008: INTERVIEW!!! (127 days)
September 27, 2008: Liam Arrives USA (POE LAX)
November 7, 2008: Wedding smile.png

AOS/EAD/AP
February 4, 2009: AOS Packet Sent
March 4, 2009: Biometrics Appointment
March 5, 2009: Case Transferred to the CSC
April 6, 2009: EAD/AP/AOS Approved
April 15, 2009: Received GREEN CARD!!!

Removing Conditions
January 5, 2011: Mailed I-751
January 6, 2011: I-751 received and signed for
January 11, 2011: Check Cashed
January 7, 2011: NOA date
January 14, 2011: NOA Received
February 10, 2011: Called USCIS requesting update (beyond 30 day timeline for biometrics letter)
February 14, 2011: Biometrics letter received
March 9, 2011: Biometrics Appt
April 6, 2011: GC Expirtation Date
June 24, 2011: 10yr GC Approved!
June 30, 2011: Received Approval Letter
July 12, 2011: 10yr GC received in the mail

Naturalization

December 31, 2013: Mailed N-400

January 2, 2014: Application received by Dallas office

January 14, 2014: Biometrics Notification

January 27, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

February 4, 2014: Testing & Interview Case Status

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 8 hours until our interview. Now the nerves are starting to kick in. I was absolutely fine and positive until today.

Yes, I know everything will be fine. He'll be all approved by the time I wake up for work in the morning. And on the way home, he is stopping by the jewellers to pick up my wedding ring. :)

Will let you know in the morning how it all went!

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
I dont know if I am posting this right, I havent posted too much here ... My finances interview is July 24th at 9AM and we are both sooooooooooooooooo nervous !!! Can you guys help us out with maybe some sample questions, if they turn us down i dont know what the heck were gonna do...

Also, I read somewhere that if he comes in thru the JFK airport that he could get his work permit right away, is this true ?

Thanks

This is a 90 day stamp only. There will most likely be a gap in the time he is legally permitted (according to the DHS) to work between his POE and receiving his EAD after being married and filing for adjustment. Good luck at your interview!

Only 8 hours until our interview. Now the nerves are starting to kick in. I was absolutely fine and positive until today.

Yes, I know everything will be fine. He'll be all approved by the time I wake up for work in the morning. And on the way home, he is stopping by the jewellers to pick up my wedding ring. :)

goodluck.gif

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks

This is a 90 day stamp only. There will most likely be a gap in the time he is legally permitted (according to the DHS) to work between his POE and receiving his EAD after being married and filing for adjustment. Good luck at your interview!

goodluck.gif

I dont know what you mean by the gap.. does this mean there will be a time period where he can work, and then cant work ??

Thank you

Firstly.... our interview went well and we were APPROVED!!! :dance:

Only a few more weeks until we are reunited for good. :)

This is what they mean by "a gap"... The stamp is only good for 90 days from the date of entry into the US. The AOS will take longer to complete than that 90 days. There will be a gap of time between when the 90 day stamp expires, and when the green card is delivered.

Keep in mind that you cannot even apply for AOS until after you are married and have a copy of the marriage certificate. And you need to apply for and receive a social security number before you can work. Combined, those two delays could eat up weeks, and before you know it a month or more has passed.

We will be getting the stamp, and our plan is for him to get a little disposable hourly job at a local store or something during those first months, and use the time to look for a good full-time position for later. But we are prepared for the fact that he will end up unemployed for at least a few months. It's just the way it is.

--------------------

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

This is what they mean by "a gap"... The stamp is only good for 90 days from the date of entry into the US. The AOS will take longer to complete than that 90 days. There will be a gap of time between when the 90 day stamp expires, and when the green card is delivered.

Keep in mind that you cannot even apply for AOS until after you are married and have a copy of the marriage certificate. And you need to apply for and receive a social security number before you can work. Combined, those two delays could eat up weeks, and before you know it a month or more has passed.

We will be getting the stamp, and our plan is for him to get a little disposable hourly job at a local store or something during those first months, and use the time to look for a good full-time position for later. But we are prepared for the fact that he will end up unemployed for at least a few months. It's just the way it is.

Congratulations!!!!!!! :dance:

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you for Answering my Queston

CONGRALATIONS I know you are on the top of the World :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Please pray for Steve and I to pass on the 24th (5 more days)

Can you PLEASE post some of your interview Question here ?

Steve and I have a 20 year age gap,(Im the older one) and we kinda worried about what kind of Questons they might come up with ?

Thank you again !!!!

Congratulations!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

04.gif

Steve and I have a 20 year age gap,(Im the older one) and we kinda worried about what kind of Questons they might come up with ?

Thank you again !!!!

the reviews and interview experiences for U.K. might be of help: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php

additional interview questions and tips: http://www.fiddlers.us/questions/

Good luck on the coming interview. I am sure you guys will do great. :thumbs:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Thank you again !!!!

(Let me first say, for anyone else who may read this, that this applies to the LONDON EMBASSY interview ONLY. For info on how things are done in other embassies, you can try going to that region's sub-forum.)

The age difference will have absolutely no bearing on your interview, and whether or not you are approved. Really.

And they don't really ask a lot questions, and quiz you on whether or not your relationship is real, etc. Really.

This is more or less what happens at the embassy...

Once you go in, you are assigned a number, according to visa category. There will be about 20 others waiting for non-immigrant visas. Then you sit in the waiting room and watch the board for your number to pop up, indicating which window to go to. You then pay the fees, get fingerprinted and the person will ask for the paperwork Packet 3 told you to bring (I-134, birth certificate, police certificate, etc...). You then sit back down and wait for your number again to go see the interviewer.

By the time you get in to see the interviewer, they have already reviewed all of you paperwork, and know if you will be approved. More or less, if the paperwork you brought is in order, then you are all set! The interview itself will take ten minutes or less, and was very relaxed, almost a formality. The only question asked was "So tell me how you met?". As Gerry told her the story, the interviewer was all smiles and truly interested, all while finishing up with a few things on the computer. Then she said "Well, it's my pleasure to approve your application and wish you well on your new life in the United States of America." She then had him swear and sign the form, and told him to go pay the courier on the way out. And that was that!

Btw, you only pay the courier if you are approved. If denied, your visa is handed back to you right then and there. So that's how you can be sure you were approved ("pending the fingerprint results", as they are bound to say).

So yes, they ask a question or two to get a feel of if you are legit or not, and to make it qualify as an actual interview. But like I said, it's just a formality at that point.

Gerry did say it was a thrill to see our actual petition from Vermont on the desk. Every page had been stamped APPROVED in red by the VCS person, and the file was twice as thick as what we had originally sent, so they must have added a lot of paperwork to it.

Go check out the UK Forum interview thread, and you will see that 99% of the people have had the same exact experience. :)

Edited by psiprez

--------------------

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

I am happy to report...

Visa in hand. :dancing:

Mysterious brown envelope unopened. :hehe:

Only 5 of the longest weeks ever left to wait. :wacko:

Going to the movies by myself this afternoon to see Batman. :pop:

--------------------

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

I'm going to the movies by myself to see Wall*E! I can't wait until I no longer have to watch movies alone.

Congratulations on having the visa in hand, psiprez! Hope the next 5 weeks go quicker than you expect. :)

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

I am happy to report...

Visa in hand. :dancing:

Mysterious brown envelope unopened. :hehe:

Only 5 of the longest weeks ever left to wait. :wacko:

Going to the movies by myself this afternoon to see Batman. :pop:

BIG BIG CONGRATS Karen! 10.gif10.gif10.gif

The 5 weeks will just fly by and before you know it you are already married. YAY!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.