dbears

January filers VSC lottery, who gets the jackpot next?

1,582 posts in this topic

I hope so for their sake...it can't be easy for you guys to know that a fluke of geography keeps you in a longer waiting room...and I do stop in to encourage, but sometimes I do feel awkward there since my waiting time was so short...I just feel kind of impotent to be able to help you guys...wish I could just call CSC and tell them to get their butts in gear, cause my friends are waiting!!!!

And you are so right...dbears is awesome!!!!!!

Like Blake says, please don't feel awkward!

Also - you don't have to stop in just to encourage us - we like to chat, too - we've mostly been talking about work and ways to pass the time which I think everyone can share in!

What's more important is those who already got approved have stayed on to continue cheering us who are still on the waiting list. And those who are waiting still have the positive attitude to be happy for those who are getting approvals. And even our CSC counterparts have been around giving their congratulations and support to those who got approved. And that somehow provide a more positive vibe for us all.... being positive and staying positive is what we do need to see this through.. that will be hard without the support of each one of us here. And I am so grateful for each one of you who have contributed to this thread.

to others who have stayed on after their NOA2, to our CSC January family who have been around to add cheer & glee, and all our other visitors, and to those who are still waiting, heres a GROUP HUG hug2a.gif

I agree - I think it's great that we have such a cohesive and supportive group, here - I hope that doesn't change!

Also - hurrah, group hug! :D

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*must think positively*

psiprez, just think of all those days and nights when you won't have to pretend to be hugging your SO anymore.... and just think that same time next year, you will only be looking back at this visa waiting and smile...

i know how it feels to pretend coz i have a pillow here and its pillow case is the shirt Ricky wore on his last day here... I'm telling you the underarm area was stinky, i would even woke up few months back and thinking "where is that smell coming from?" only to realize, the sleeves of the shirt is already directly on my nosetrils :lol: ... he left, July 17, i haven't washed nor removed the shirt from my huggable pillow up to now... but his smell has almost entirely evaporated already :( .... but at least I can still imagine him through his shirt... same time next year, i won't be imagining anymore and that really gives me the hope.... :luv:

Oh wow! Everytime I read the January filer's posts, I feel like Im gonna have a heart attack!!! I have been a silent reader here, but I just can't take it any longer. Im a January filer and I know our time will come sooner than we expected.

To those January filers who got their NOA2- Im happy for you guys! And you gave me hope!!!

And to dbears: You are so great! I wish I know you in person! :)

AWW , you make me blush.... Thank you very much (F) .. who knows we might have the same interview and medical..... Sooner or later we would all get our approval. :thumbs:

:dance: yah we got out NOA2 today.. :dance:

goodluck to all january filers..

see you on next step.

CONGRATS!!! the poor guy have been bouncing all day and all night for all of you who got approvals.. i hope he still have energy when our time comes :lol:

hello Gay! Sugod pa ko pangita ug design sa gown sa internet :luv: makalibog sa kadaghan gwapo designs :wacko: LOL! But true I´ll have my gown made here kay mahal jud didto. Ikaw naa ka na?Asa ka magpatahi? :luv:

You just think of what type of wedding you want to have and then choose a design appropriate for that... I'll have a very simple flowing gown coz we will have a very simple outdoor Christian wedding. I will have it made sa Davao when we are assured of interview dates already. My friend knows somebody who used to work in Chardin so maybe dito ko patahi :) .

I am sure any design will look good on you coz you are gifted with a slim figure... me, i'd have to be careful to chose a design that will at least make me look me a little taller and will hide my love handles well :lol:

here's some helpful sites:

theknot

bridalwave- this one have so many funny reviews.. esp. the frock horrors

brides.com

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

I love that you can have outdoor weddings in the US - in the UK the places in which you can conduct a wedding are very limited; it has to be indoors and the place you wish your ceremony to be held at has to have a license saying that they are permitted to hold weddings, too.

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

I love that you can have outdoor weddings in the US - in the UK the places in which you can conduct a wedding are very limited; it has to be indoors and the place you wish your ceremony to be held at has to have a license saying that they are permitted to hold weddings, too.

But aren't you getting married in the US too? I forgot who among janaury filer have shared about having a small backyard barbeque wedding.. i have really been considering that since I heard it from her...

as of now, me and Rick have check websites of possible venues. mostly parks in Raleigh area.. he'd be going there and be taking pictures of those places and also ask if it is possible to have wedding there.... .. but i was specific that we chose a place that is really affordable, i'd even be ok if we go up the mountains and hold a ceremony there for free.... an outdoor wedding with barbeque reception sounds really good for me. :yes:

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

But aren't you getting married in the US too? I forgot who among janaury filer have shared about having a small backyard barbeque wedding.. i have really been considering that since I heard it from her...

as of now, me and Rick have check websites of possible venues. mostly parks in Raleigh area.. he'd be going there and be taking pictures of those places and also ask if it is possible to have wedding there.... .. but i was specific that we chose a place that is really affordable, i'd even be ok if we go up the mountains and hold a ceremony there for free.... an outdoor wedding with barbeque reception sounds really good for me. :yes:

Haha - that was me! I know, I'm just saying that's what I love about getting married in the US. :)

Alex's dad does the best barbeque - mm, he makes the best marinades and the meat is always so tender.

Edited by Alex & Rachel

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

WE GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: EAC*******

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

And that's what happens when I go to bed!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

:dance: yah we got out NOA2 today.. :dance:

goodluck to all january filers..

see you on next step.

CONGRATS!!!!!! Keep 'em rollin' in, Service Centers!!!

Dawn

March 2007 - Met online

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

Haha - that was me! I know, I'm just saying that's what I love about getting married in the US. :)

Alex's dad does the best barbeque - mm, he makes the best marinades and the meat is always so tender.

We haven't even thought of where to have our celebratory wedding...just having a civil ceremony to start the paperwork for AOS and EAD...but I do want the whole wedding/reception thing too (first marriage for both of us...)..both sets of parents are retired and on a fixed income, so we're going to have to do it ourselves...it's going to be small, but we'll have a blast!!!

Dawn

March 2007 - Met online

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

Oh, it's you Rachel?! I'm probably getting older, Alzheimer's sneaking on me already :whistle:

We haven't even thought of where to have our celebratory wedding...just having a civil ceremony to start the paperwork for AOS and EAD...but I do want the whole wedding/reception thing too (first marriage for both of us...)..both sets of parents are retired and on a fixed income, so we're going to have to do it ourselves...it's going to be small, but we'll have a blast!!!

They say girls dream of weddings even when they were kids... so you should really go for your dream wedding. The internet is rich with abundant tips in achieving your dream wedding without breaking the bank... and, you're a teacher and most teacher's have superb artistic skills, I'm sure you can create and find ways to make your wedding grand even on a budget. :thumbs:

ROC

N-400

Same here! I wasn't so fussed about the wedding/reception, really, but family and friends are - I'm the first child of my parents and first grandchild of my grandparents to be married, so it's important to them. Ours is going to be as small as possible, though - our parents aren't retired, just tight of budget. The most important thing is to have fun!

Oh, it's you Rachel?! I'm probably getting older, Alzheimer's sneaking on me already :whistle:

:lol:

Don't worry - I'll fetch you a rocking chair so you can sit in the corner and knit by the light of the fire while muddling up all of our names. :hehe:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Same here! I wasn't so fussed about the wedding/reception, really, but family and friends are - I'm the first child of my parents and first grandchild of my grandparents to be married, so it's important to them. Ours is going to be as small as possible, though - our parents aren't retired, just tight of budget. The most important thing is to have fun!

I'm the first child and first grandchild to be married too! Even though everybody seemed very happy for me, no-one said anything about the wedding being abroad except my mother and my sister: "why do you need a wedding gown? that's not going to be a real wedding, nobody from our family will be there!" To which I answered, "well, I was thinking maybe you would come"

Bryan and I don't know for sure what we will do. First we thought we would get married at the courthouse and do a ceremony wedding maybe next year. But I'm afraid that we're going to have so many things to start dealing with in our life together that if we wait, we won't do it. That's why I'd prefer to have a ceremony as our first and only wedding. Even though it means it will be smaller and half of the people can't come because we let them know two weeks before. Though we still haven't planned anything.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

That's a shame - I hope your mother and sister can make it!

We were originally thinking of having a small legal signing-of-papers and then a big celebratory party later on, but have decided to just go for a small ceremony - I'd like it to be my first and only, too.

I'm trying hard not to think about planning it - it just stresses me out!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

I'm the first child and first grandchild to be married too! Even though everybody seemed very happy for me, no-one said anything about the wedding being abroad except my mother and my sister: "why do you need a wedding gown? that's not going to be a real wedding, nobody from our family will be there!" To which I answered, "well, I was thinking maybe you would come"

Bryan and I don't know for sure what we will do. First we thought we would get married at the courthouse and do a ceremony wedding maybe next year. But I'm afraid that we're going to have so many things to start dealing with in our life together that if we wait, we won't do it. That's why I'd prefer to have a ceremony as our first and only wedding. Even though it means it will be smaller and half of the people can't come because we let them know two weeks before. Though we still haven't planned anything.

I'm the oldest, but the last of the grandchildren to get married (my brother has been married twice). My parents spent a lot on my brother's 1st wedding, but that was a while ago (13 years)...I really think my mom was surprised about me getting married!!!

Dawn

March 2007 - Met online

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
That's a shame - I hope your mother and sister can make it!

and brother and father too.

Yes that would be nice if they could come. Though at the same time, this marriage is the beginning of my American life, and I feel that if they can't make it, then that's ok too. kind of like 'leave the old life behind, let the new one start". And we can still have some kind of big family dinner next time Bryan & I will go to visit them in France, and i can wear my wedding dress again (unless American food made me gain too much weight!)

I'll talk with them about coming to my wedding when I have a better idea of what it will be like.

Edited by Cecile and Bryan

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Here's our JUMP OF JOY for : Rich & Nicole 0gleeful.gif0gleeful.gif0gleeful.gif

THE LUCKY VSC NOA2 LOTTERY WINNERS

NAME                         DATE FILED             NOA1              NOA2          WAITING PERIOD 
1. Olga & Gene               01-02                 01-08           2008-02-24           53days
2. Iain & Kati               01-18                 01-31           2008-02-24           37days
3. Darren & Dawn             01-28                 01-31           2008-02-25           28days
4. Marcel & Melodie          01-25                 01-30           2008-02-25           31days
5. L & T                     01-07                 01-14           2008-02-25           49days
6. Priscilla & Eric          01-12                 01-18           2008-02-27           46days
7. Femi & Noel               01-12                 01-15           2008-02-28           47days
8. Noo & Bill                01-25                 02-05           2008-02-29           35days
9. Paul & Susan              01-03                 01-24           2008-02-29           57days
10.Louis & Catherine         01-11                 01-24           2008-02-29           49days
11.Mina & Fred               01-04                 01-08           2008-02-29           56days
12.jomylyn & michael         01-04                 01-14           2008-03-03           59days
13.Yohann & Monica           01-10                 01-15           2008-03-03           53days
14.Scott & Micki             01-18                 01-23           2008-03-04           46days
15.Rod & Jenni               01-22                 01-24           2008-03-04           42days
16.Jennifer & Steven         01-19                 01-31           2008-03-04           45days 
17.Alejandro & Wanda         01-17                 01-18           2008-03-05           48days
18.Aidan & Ashley            01-18                 01-25           2008-03-05           47days
19.Marco & Nicole            01-04                 01-09           2008-03-05           61days
20.Justyna & Dominik         01-14                 01-25           2008-03-05           51days
21.Rhoge & Frank             01-22                 01-25           2008-03-05           43days
22.Rich & Nicole             01-17                 01-23           2008-03-05           48days

JANUARIANS WHO ARE STILL HOPING TO HIT THE VSC NOA2 JACKPOT

NAME                         Date Filed                 NOA1                               
1. E & L                     01-01                      01-15
2. Manisha & Ravi            01-03 
3. Theodora & Nathaniel      01-03 
4. Mary & Tor                01-04             
5. Santos & Donna            01-04                      01-12
6. Gosia & Brian             01-05                      01-09
7. Ritesh & Lisa             01-05             
8. Lilliputt& Trelawny       01-07                      01-11
9.Tatiana & Klaatu           01-07
10.Azzeddine & Kathleen      01-08                      01-14
11.Marcel & Elizabeth        01-08 
12.Alba & James              01-09                      01-15
13.Steve & Patti             01-10                      01-14
14.Gerry & Karen             01-10                      01-14
15.Jiang & He                01-10 
16.Mauricio & Stephanie      01-11                      01-17
17.Ksusha & Pasha            01-12                      01-16
18.TL & LN                   01-12                      01-15
19.Liam & Samantha           01-14                      01-16
20.SS & PS                   01-14                      01-16
21.Natasha & Brian           01-14                      01-18
22.Tim & Schmissa            01-16                      01-22
23.Ria & Stephen             01-16                      01-18
24.Gamal & Erin              01-16                      02-04
25.Miriam & Simon            01-16                      01-28
26.Juliana & Andre           01-17                      01-22
27.Irina & Vu                01-18                      01-22
28.Bella & Joe               01-19                      01-25
29.Mary Grace & Eric         01-21                      02-20
30.Trang & Bill              01-23                      01-25
31.lina & ray                01-23                      02-01
32.nkem & obim               01-24                      02-02
33.G & J                     01-25                      02-02
34.Geoff & April             01-25                      01-29
35.Mohammed & Rebecca        01-26             
36.Paul & Kate               01-28 
37.Abby & Eric               01-28                      02-11
38.Gaye & Ricky              01-29                      02-04
39.Kim & Emily               01-29                      01-30
40.Mike & Amber              01-30                      02-05
41.Stephen & Amanda          01-31                      02-05
42.Sally & Jay               01-31                      02-11

ROC

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.