Gypsyangel

My Medisys Appointment Today

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my medical today at Medisys (how do you spell that?) at Yonge and St. Clair in Toronto. It wasn't the best way to spend an afternoon, but for what it was it went smoothly.

My appointment was at 1:30. I got there at 1:20 and was out of their offices at 3:00. Then it was off to get my x-ray that no one will ever look at at their imaging offices at Yonge and Davisville. I was finished there by 3:30. So, all in all 2 hours.

After hearing what others said, I thought it was going to be a nightmare, but it was more like organized chaos. The reason I say it was organized chaos is that there was a lot of back and forth from offices to the waiting room. Quite a few people were there for appointments ... maybe 15. After I filled out some forms, they called me into an office to register. There they took my passport and told me they'd give it back when I paid at the end. They also took my 3 pictures, my titers test results, and my appointment letter. Then back to the waiting room.

They then called me to another room to weigh me, measure my height, test my eyes, and take my blood. Then back to the waiting room. Then they called me to review my vaccinations. I had a titers test done and thought I was ok, but they told me I needed a tetanus shot for $40, so I got it (feeling a little ill this evening). Then back to the waiting room. Then they called me for the physical exam. That was pretty straight forward with blood pressure taken, a look in the eyes ears, the obligatory deep breathing with a stethascope on your back, heart beat listened to, breast exam and a quick peek under the hood!

With the tetanus shot, it came to about $235. They say I can pick up my results on Monday, in good time for my interview the following week! I thought they were professional, friendly, and organized.

Another thing to check off the list! :)

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Filed: Timeline
I had my medical today at Medisys (how do you spell that?)

M-e-d-i-s-y-s :hehe:

I went there, too, and had pretty much the same experience. Except I'd already had a tetanus booster at my GP's office.

The only thing I didn't like about Medisys was their refusal to give me a copy of the medical and/or vaccination worksheet. Ask for a copy at your interview.... ask for a copy at the POE.... beg beg beg. You want that worksheet for the Adjustment of Status (AOS) process.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I had my medical today at Medisys (how do you spell that?)

M-e-d-i-s-y-s :hehe:

I went there, too, and had pretty much the same experience. Except I'd already had a tetanus booster at my GP's office.

The only thing I didn't like about Medisys was their refusal to give me a copy of the medical and/or vaccination worksheet. Ask for a copy at your interview.... ask for a copy at the POE.... beg beg beg. You want that worksheet for the Adjustment of Status (AOS) process.

Thanks for the tip! I really wouldn't have thought about asking for a copy of the medical. Makes sense I know.. but I'd be way to excited to think of asking for a copy. lol :-D

I didn't know to ask for a copy..so I didn't..and I had to have a medical done in the states as well! another $400.00 down the tubes!!lol(my daughter needed it too) I don't get that rule..if we have just had one..a)why another?b)if they KNOW we need the documents for AOS why not give us a copy!?!

AOS

02/25/08 sent AOS packet

02/26/08 packet received chicago lockbox

03/03/08 NOA(I-485,I765,I131)for daughter and myself

03/09/08 received biometrics appointment letter

03/25/08 RFE recieved for NOA for I129F(USCIS lost it! DOH!)

03/25/08 RFE sent

03/26/08 biometrics appointment(YAY!)

03/26/08 EAD touched(for daughter and myself)

03/28/08 EAD touch again!

04/03/08 RFE received case processing resumes

04/29/08 request AP expedited

05/01/08 AP sent out

05/02/08 case transfered to CSC

05/02/08 EAD card production ordered

05/05/08 EAD card production ordered again

05/10/08 EAD card received

05/16/08 AOS touched

05/18/08 AOS touched again!

06/11/08 AOS card production ordered!

06/16/08 green card received in mail!!

no more USCIS for almost 2 years!!

ROC

04/07/10 sent I-751 to VSC

04/09/10 NOA recieved

04/13/10 cheque cashed

05/17/10 early biometrics

06/29/10 card production ordered

07/10/10 card received

Timeline

I just picked up my medical. I was going to ask for a copy of the vaccination worksheet. I had my elbows up expecting some resistance. Then I noticed a piece of paper clipped to the outside of my medical envelope. It was my vaccination worksheet. Yay! Maybe they're getting the message that people need them.

People haven't had good things to say about Medisys, but my experience was ok.

Thanks for the good wishes on the interview. One week to go! I think we have everything ... we're in copy and assembly mode. After all this waiting, it's hard to believe it's almost here!

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/22/12 - Biometrics

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

May I ask a question?

When you send back package 3...do you state that you've already had your medical even though you haven't?

I want my medical as close as possible to the interview (hopefully after my 27th birthday) because I do NOT want the gardasil vaccine which I notice is now on Seiden's website.

How does that work?

Can you book your medical after they have issued an interview date?

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

I don't think you HAVE to book the medical, but you might want to book ahead so you have the medical on a date that works for you. Hopefully, it will all work out with your interview date. If not, you can always change it. I was able to switch my medical with about 2 weeks notice.

When they sent me packet 3, they said the interview wait time was 4 to 6 months. So, I went ahead and booked my medical for March 11 as I wanted it to be as later but give myself enough time if the interview was in 4 months. Then I got an interview date of March 12. So, I had to rebook to an earlier date.

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/22/12 - Biometrics

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

I don't think you HAVE to book the medical, but you might want to book ahead so you have the medical on a date that works for you. Hopefully, it will all work out with your interview date. If not, you can always change it. I was able to switch my medical with about 2 weeks notice.

When they sent me packet 3, they said the interview wait time was 4 to 6 months. So, I went ahead and booked my medical for March 11 as I wanted it to be as later but give myself enough time if the interview was in 4 months. Then I got an interview date of March 12. So, I had to rebook to an earlier date.

Ok that's what I wanted to know. I was confused as to how it worked.

I'm going to book my medical after my 27th birthday if possible, which is May 19th. I think I'll just make it through.

:)

Thanks sweetie :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

Good luck with your timing!!! This is not the time for Montreal to suddenly speed up! All in all I think I was 93 days from the NOA2 to the interview date.

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/22/12 - Biometrics

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.