sbragg

Manila exam

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee was told by St. Lukes that there was a problem with her xray and that she had to come back in 3 days for a phlem or saliva test. When I asked her what they said they found in her xray, she did not know as this is all they told her.

She went and saw a Doctor in Manila and he prescribed medicine for her to take and said it will clear it up. My problem is she was never told what was wrong in her xray (no specifics) and so I am wondering what he prescribed. She acted like he does this often and was confident.

Question 1: Has anyone else had the same issue? I am searching in VJ for this and took time out to send this. WHat was your end result?

Q2: Her next Medical is this Monday 3/3. Her scheduled interview is Wednesday the 5th. Concern is are they going to reschedule her interview now or wait until her follow up confirms their findings or clears her? If they do re-schedule do we go back into a wait list for two-three or more months?

Thanks for answering all my threads.

TB is quite common in the Philippines. Did she go back for the other test?

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

My fiancee was told by St. Lukes that there was a problem with her xray and that she had to come back in 3 days for a phlem or saliva test. When I asked her what they said they found in her xray, she did not know as this is all they told her.

She went and saw a Doctor in Manila and he prescribed medicine for her to take and said it will clear it up. My problem is she was never told what was wrong in her xray (no specifics) and so I am wondering what he prescribed. She acted like he does this often and was confident.

Question 1: Has anyone else had the same issue? I am searching in VJ for this and took time out to send this. WHat was your end result?

Q2: Her next Medical is this Monday 3/3. Her scheduled interview is Wednesday the 5th. Concern is are they going to reschedule her interview now or wait until her follow up confirms their findings or clears her? If they do re-schedule do we go back into a wait list for two-three or more months?

Q1: The doctors might have seen something on her chest xray which is prolly TB therefore she needs to do the sputum (saliva) test. This will confirm the suspicion that your fiancee has TB. This is done in 3 consecutive days. She will have to go there mornings, spit out into a cup for 3 consecutive days and SLEC will wait for a certain more number of days (usually 3-5) until the TB bacteria grows in the sputum sample. If nothing grows in there, she doesn't have TB. If it turns out positive, she will have to be started on TB treatment.

Q2: They will prolly reschedule her interview. Some of the VJers have gone through that...just read previous threads.

God Bless :)

Sent N400: Oct 27, 2011

NOA: Nov 1, 2011

Biometrics: Nov 16, 2011

Yellow letter date: 12/14/2011

Yellow letter received: 12/19/2011

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If they require her to do a sputum test, she will get the results of the first 2 (smear and pulmonary) within a few days after she supplies the samples. The TB culture will take 6 to 8 weeks to get the result. Then if found positive for TB, she will have to take 6 months worth of medications before she can get her visa interview. I am curious as to the medicine the doctor gave her.

Tb is not nothing to fool with. Better to not take a medicine to hide the fact she might have it. TB is curable, just takes time.

My wife has been going through the same thing, she is now in the second phase of test. (another sputum, done 1 month after treatment started)

St. Luke's will reschedule her interview after the results are back and extend the approved visa petition if necessary.

good luck, I hope her test all come out negative. let us know her results, plenty of people here that can help. Feel free to IM me if you need more answers.

James and Rachel

9160.gif

9159.gif

I-130

03/14/2007 Married

04/18/2007 Mailed I-130 to Vermont Service Center

04/26/2007 Received return receipt

04/20/2007 Receipt date on noa

05/03/2007 Notice Date (CSC) noa

05/07/2007 Received receipt notice of action I-797-C from CSC- Hard copy

05/07/2007 Touched

10/23/2007 Approved!

I-129 F

05/15/2007 Mailed I-129f to Vermont Service Center

Your item was delivered at 1:58 PM on May 17, 2007 in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479.

05/23/2007 Received return receipt

05/29/2007 Receipt date on (noa)

05/31/2007 Notice Date Chicaco (noa)

06/03/2007 Touched (on a sunday)

06/04/2007 Received NOA I-797-C from Chicago, Il. - Hard copy

06/12/2007 Chicago sent I-129f to California service center

06/12/2007 Notice Date (Case transfer to CSC)

06/13/2007 Touched

06/18/2007 Received Notice of Action Hard copy- Case transfer to California

05/31/2007 Receipt date (noa)

06/12/2007 Notice Date (noa)

06/24/2007 Touched case pending at CSC (on a sunday)

10/23/2007 Approved!

12/27/2007 Saint Luke`s Appointment

01/09/2008 USEM Interview re-schedule

07/31/2008 Done Treatment at St. Lukes - final xray

09/11/2008 Re-medical

09/18/2008 Vaccinations given

09/23/2008 Interview - APPROVED - Pink slip given

11/22/2008 Visa Delivery

12/05/2008 Entered USA POE Detroit

If they require her to do a sputum test, she will get the results of the first 2 (smear and pulmonary) within a few days after she supplies the samples. The TB culture will take 6 to 8 weeks to get the result. Then if found positive for TB, she will have to take 6 months worth of medications before she can get her visa interview. I am curious as to the medicine the doctor gave her.

Tb is not nothing to fool with. Better to not take a medicine to hide the fact she might have it. TB is curable, just takes time.

My wife has been going through the same thing, she is now in the second phase of test. (another sputum, done 1 month after treatment started)

St. Luke's will reschedule her interview after the results are back and extend the approved visa petition if necessary.

good luck, I hope her test all come out negative. let us know her results, plenty of people here that can help. Feel free to IM me if you need more answers.

James and Rachel

I am sorry to hear that Racheal is undergoing treatment James. May the time seem to quickly so you can begin your lives together as one.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Any suspicious findings on Chest X-ray need to undergo sputum AFB test for 3 consecutive days (which is the protocol). If it turns out to be positive, a Culture and Sensitivity test will be done which takes weeks to grow the Mycobacterium TB (since they are slow growing organisms). This will also decide which medicines (anti-TB) to give and minimum treatment is for 6 months. Only when the patient/applicant is cleared, then that's the time they can be scheduled for an interview at USEM.

It is more likely that the Doctor in Manila gave her an antibiotic. If the Doctor thinks she have some infections (either a Bronchitis, Bronchiolitis, Pneumonitis or Pneumonia)... CXR don't usually clear up that fast. Sometimes it may even takes 2 weeks before you can see significant changes on the infiltrates/infections on CXR's (but these are case-to-case basis). There may be no harm to take the antibitoics (if it really just an infection and not TB) but it may affect the result of the sputum exams (False negative or False positive)...

Good Luck and God Bless.

Good Luck and God Bless.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

This is one of the reasons why early medical is advisable... Hope and pray that no matter what happens, you won't have to wait very long for your fiancee to be with you.

Good luck!

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few tip for those who will be taking a medical exam & most specially fo the chest x-ray. Pls drink 1 can of small alphine milk every night 1 week before the exam & drink vitamin C daily. U may also take 1 can of small alphine before u go on medical exam. :)

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 23, 2008---Sent AOS & EAD

July 27, 2008---They received AOS & EAD

July 31, 2008---NOA1

Aug 05, 2008---Touched

Aug 06, 2008---Received NOA1 in mail dated JULY 31, 2008

Aug 08, 2008---Received Biometrics appointment in mail. Scheduled on AUGUST 22, 2008

Aug 12, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD)

Aug 12, 2008---Touched

Aug 18, 2008---RFE

Oct 20, 2008---request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

Dec 17, 2008---EAD touched

March 27, 2009- Interview..... Approved!!!

Removal of Condition:

Nov 06, 2010-

Jan 18, 2011- Biometrics

March 2011- Approved

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.