BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Hmm.. when I look at Igor's list and Blake's list im all :D but when I then look at my VJ timeline, I really become :wacko: after which I go :clock: and then I am almost like :cry: but then I realize it wont be like that but that it will all be ok and I become all :dancing: again hehe

edit: lol, almost forgot why I became like that coz I got too much into the smilies and stuffs.. anyways, I get those feelings since I was moving to a shorter time again but I am all back to the long waiting line again according to the time line which is so weird when I look to the approvals lol

I keep doing EXACTLY the same thing! I think the timelines are still thrown off from all of the really long waits. I saw an August approval today and YAY for them!!! I love to see those...there's no reason for them to have been forced to wait this long, but it means the timelines suddenly take a really long wait into account and it shows longer waits for all of us.

I'm being REALLY optimistic today. Dennis got his vacation approved and will be coming to visit June 27th-July 8th...I keep thinking "but if we get an approval be the end of May or beginning of June...packet 3 might show up while he's here, which means there will be a delay in getting it back to the consulate. Then I think if we DO get packet 3 during that time, he'll be coming home by the end of July...so should we really spend the money on another vacation? And then I spiral into a mess of stress and concern and debate with myself over what we should do! Then I throw it all out and say whatever may be will be and we just have to do what we think and feel is best.

See my timeline for my K-1 and AOS/EAD/AP details.

ROC

April 1, 2011-Packet sent, back to the grind!

April 2, 2011-USPS confirms delivery to CSC

April 18, 2011-Received biometrics letter

May 5, 2011-Biometrics appointment, quick and easy

June 16, 2011-Card production ordered!

June 24, 2011-Card received

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

My wonderful little family: Dennis, Andrea, and Malcolm

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hmm.. when I look at Igor's list and Blake's list im all :D but when I then look at my VJ timeline, I really become :wacko: after which I go :clock: and then I am almost like :cry: but then I realize it wont be like that but that it will all be ok and I become all :dancing: again hehe

edit: lol, almost forgot why I became like that coz I got too much into the smilies and stuffs.. anyways, I get those feelings since I was moving to a shorter time again but I am all back to the long waiting line again according to the time line which is so weird when I look to the approvals lol

The estimated timeline isn't really accurate. It is a calculated number based on the average number of days between an individual's filing date and approval date. So, although approvals are moving quickly now the average includes many people who had to wait much longer for approval. You also see blips that arise when the CSC finally processes one of the old petitions. We had an August filer approved today which "blipped" us all up a week on our estimated timelines. As more December and January petitions get approved it will move back down again. So don't be depressed when you look at the estimated adjudication date, you'll be approved long before that date arrives. :thumbs:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Timeline
I'm being REALLY optimistic today. Dennis got his vacation approved and will be coming to visit June 27th-July 8th...I keep thinking "but if we get an approval be the end of May or beginning of June...packet 3 might show up while he's here, which means there will be a delay in getting it back to the consulate. Then I think if we DO get packet 3 during that time, he'll be coming home by the end of July...so should we really spend the money on another vacation? And then I spiral into a mess of stress and concern and debate with myself over what we should do! Then I throw it all out and say whatever may be will be and we just have to do what we think and feel is best.

Can you download the forms you need to complete from the embassy website? This is what Olga and I are doing. She'll have everything but the medical done and assembled by the time the petition hits the embassy in kiev. I hope the packet three gets there before he visits so you can mail it together from the US, that would be fun.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Can you download the forms you need to complete from the embassy website? This is what Olga and I are doing. She'll have everything but the medical done and assembled by the time the petition hits the embassy in kiev. I hope the packet three gets there before he visits so you can mail it together from the US, that would be fun.

I'm pretty sure we can get most of them. I need to get my tax transcripts, too (the Canadian consulates won't approve you unless you have IRS transcripts for three years...that's the rumor at least...I have W-2's and I'm wondering if that would be sufficient). We want to have his interview packet put together and send it back with him when he leaves in July. It would be a lot of fun to send it back together...but Vancouver accepts packet 3 returned by fax and the originals brought in at the interview...so I'm hoping we'll get packet three back to them the same day he receives it! :)

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Timeline
I'm pretty sure we can get most of them. I need to get my tax transcripts, too (the Canadian consulates won't approve you unless you have IRS transcripts for three years...that's the rumor at least...I have W-2's and I'm wondering if that would be sufficient). We want to have his interview packet put together and send it back with him when he leaves in July. It would be a lot of fun to send it back together...but Vancouver accepts packet 3 returned by fax and the originals brought in at the interview...so I'm hoping we'll get packet three back to them the same day he receives it! :)

Yeah, you got it under control. It's amazing how we each learn the peculiarities of our particular embassy's process. In the Ukraine, for example, they don't have a packet 3 or 4 anymore. They just send a list of things to pull together and give you a phone number to call when you are ready to set an interview appointment. So we'll try to set the interview appointment while the information request list is in the mail to Olga since she'll already have everything together.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Yeah, you got it under control. It's amazing how we each learn the peculiarities of our particular embassy's process. In the Ukraine, for example, they don't have a packet 3 or 4 anymore. They just send a list of things to pull together and give you a phone number to call when you are ready to set an interview appointment. So we'll try to set the interview appointment while the information request list is in the mail to Olga since she'll already have everything together.

:yes: I know more about this process than I ever wished to. I could have happily gone through my life never needing to know how the Vancouver consulate works. It's funny what love will make us do.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

The estimated timeline isn't really accurate. It is a calculated number based on the average number of days between an individual's filing date and approval date. So, although approvals are moving quickly now the average includes many people who had to wait much longer for approval. You also see blips that arise when the CSC finally processes one of the old petitions. We had an August filer approved today which "blipped" us all up a week on our estimated timelines. As more December and January petitions get approved it will move back down again. So don't be depressed when you look at the estimated adjudication date, you'll be approved long before that date arrives. :thumbs:

lol, no worries blake... I'm not depressed bout the VJ timeline.. I know it isn't exactly accurate.. I just like to complain about it haha ;)

I'm thinking myself as well that we have a very very big chance to get approved in may and as you may remember, it wasn't always like that lol

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

This post made me :lol:

Oh man, Alex's house was broken into. :(

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Oh no! Was anything taken?

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Alex here, making my rare post!

My dad's laptop and some of his prescription drugs (which he doesn't really need... Kind of an advantage there), my mom's old 1940's binoculars and a bunch of her jewelery, one of my checkbooks and a bunch of loose change.

I'm more annoyed that they took my mom's jewelery and her old 1940's binoculars than anything else, though.

I mean, my dad's laptop, yeah that was expensive but it was just a laptop. His drugs, well, he didn't really need those anyway.

But those old binoculars were like a family heirloom and the jewelry was really nice.

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Alex here, making my rare post!

My dad's laptop and some of his prescription drugs (which he doesn't really need... Kind of an advantage there), my mom's old 1940's binoculars and a bunch of her jewelery, one of my checkbooks and a bunch of loose change.

I'm more annoyed that they took my mom's jewelery and her old 1940's binoculars than anything else, though.

I mean, my dad's laptop, yeah that was expensive but it was just a laptop. His drugs, well, he didn't really need those anyway.

But those old binoculars were like a family heirloom and the jewelry was really nice.

That's horrible! What is this world coming to! :ranting: At least no one got hurt, maybe they'll catch these punks and get your stuff back. I know it's not likely, but hey...if CSC got moving, then anything is possible!! :thumbs:

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Alex says the police found prints, which is something; maybe they'll be able to find a match!

He's blocked his bank account so the checks can't be used but identity theft is always a huge worry. :(

I always think the worst part is the sense of violation...I've only had my workplace broken into a couple of times, but it's still not nice to have someone rifled through your desk. :angry:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Alex says the police found prints, which is something; maybe they'll be able to find a match!

He's blocked his bank account so the checks can't be used but identity theft is always a huge worry. :(

I always think the worst part is the sense of violation...I've only had my workplace broken into a couple of times, but it's still not nice to have someone rifled through your desk. :angry:

I had my car broken into once...well...if you can call it "broken"...I left it unlocked and some punk kids who didn't know what they were doing opened the door and tried to take out the stereo...apparently it wasn't as easy as they thought it would be because they couldn't get it all the way out. They left it pulled partway out, they took my book of CDs off the seat, and took off. I wasn't so upset about the CDs themselves...I just felt so violated because someone was IN MY SPACE.

ROC

CRW_7744web-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ooh ooh another December approval through CSC that I spied on the other thread but so far they haven't updated timeline yet! But think it said they were a Dec 15th filer and their name here is Wizardfitz....

Ok someone please stop me from checking here and Igor's list a gazillion times a day! I wish there was a way I could lock myself and only check once every morning or something haha...but it seems impossible!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.