BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Looks like everyone's taking their weekend early! ^_^

Ah...looking forward to another three days' break from the computer. :thumbs:

Not feeling at all happy recently; just hormones, I feel this way at least once a month. I'm hyper-sensitive to comments made and start to despair about the whole process.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Looks like everyone's taking their weekend early! ^_^

Ah...looking forward to another three days' break from the computer. :thumbs:

Not feeling at all happy recently; just hormones, I feel this way at least once a month. I'm hyper-sensitive to comments made and start to despair about the whole process.

Rachel, I'm never very far away. I hope you have a wonderfuly refreshing weekend and can get away from all this for a bit. Don't worry about missing anything, I don't imagine the situation at USCIS will change much while your're gone.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Thank you again, Blake! You really are wonderful. :star:

Feeling so much better today. :thumbs:

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

NO early weekend for me here. Had to work yesterday and I am doing volunteer work today for 3 hours (but get a hefty store discount for doing the volunteering!).

Gareth and I got into it last night as again I jumped the gun and got hopes up then realized I was reading things all wrong :(

I had thought on the timeline here that "adjuicated" meant the wholeeeee process was done K1 approved.....well figured out that nope it meant just the NOA2 bit.... oooooffffff! Man oh man I sure as heck hope mine is approved before June! We want that September wedding and not to mention to be together again!!!! I am so hoping he can get here in July/August.....SIGH

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline
NO early weekend for me here. Had to work yesterday and I am doing volunteer work today for 3 hours (but get a hefty store discount for doing the volunteering!).

Gareth and I got into it last night as again I jumped the gun and got hopes up then realized I was reading things all wrong :(

I had thought on the timeline here that "adjuicated" meant the wholeeeee process was done K1 approved.....well figured out that nope it meant just the NOA2 bit.... oooooffffff! Man oh man I sure as heck hope mine is approved before June! We want that September wedding and not to mention to be together again!!!! I am so hoping he can get here in July/August.....SIGH

It took me a little while to figure out the whole "adjudication" thing - I finally had to ask to get the final word. But then I realized that a goodly number of people were confused in the beginning just like you (and me). For all of us I'm hoping that this process picks up some steam again, while it's fun to look at lists that move and watch dates that change it is not very much fun to see only one approval last week. I think the hardest thing to learn here is how to manage expectations so that emotions don't get the better of you. I was looking at a thread the other day and over the course of a few pages it seemed everyone had pretty well convinced themselves that approvals were coming in days.....if not hours..... When in all actuality this is not the case.

Like you I want my SO to be here as soon as possible. If July - fantastic, if August - ok that's my expectation, if September - not pleased, if October - downright pissed. I am in the process for the long haul (unlike those who have been approved in 45 days or so) so patience is the absolute key - not too excessively excited nor to excessively depressed - Otherwise I might just burn out and that wouldn't be good for anyone. Realistically it will take at least two months from the adjudication date, possibly more depending on the country the interview takes place in.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline

It took me a little while to figure out the whole "adjudication" thing - I finally had to ask to get the final word. But then I realized that a goodly number of people were confused in the beginning just like you (and me). For all of us I'm hoping that this process picks up some steam again, while it's fun to look at lists that move and watch dates that change it is not very much fun to see only one approval last week. I think the hardest thing to learn here is how to manage expectations so that emotions don't get the better of you. I was looking at a thread the other day and over the course of a few pages it seemed everyone had pretty well convinced themselves that approvals were coming in days.....if not hours..... When in all actuality this is not the case.

Like you I want my SO to be here as soon as possible. If July - fantastic, if August - ok that's my expectation, if September - not pleased, if October - downright pissed. I am in the process for the long haul (unlike those who have been approved in 45 days or so) so patience is the absolute key - not too excessively excited nor to excessively depressed - Otherwise I might just burn out and that wouldn't be good for anyone. Realistically it will take at least two months from the adjudication date, possibly more depending on the country the interview takes place in.

Thanks for the post. Yeah it is just such a bitter pill to swallow somedays isn't it? I also am in it for the long haul and knew it was gonna take a long time...it is just so hard on the days when you have been so opimistic then BAM see the light that there is still LOTS of waiting and agonizing ahead.

I guess the best outlook to have is "Well we will be together someday!" haha....let's just all hope and pray sooner comes faster than later for us all.

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Like you I want my SO to be here as soon as possible. If July - fantastic, if August - ok that's my expectation, if September - not pleased, if October - downright pissed.

I kinda think that either I am a pessimist or you're pretty optimistic... I kinda still think I am looking at a september/october POE...

but, like ppl say a lot over here... let's just hope it all speeds up, rather sooner than later ^^

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Rachel, i'm sorry you're in hormone hell. It's tough stuff. I always just try to remember that 'this too shall pass'. I hope it does for you soon! :)

Blake, you're cute. Your expectations seem reasonable. In the same respect, I know nothing changes by having a bad attitude so I guess that's where you all stand and I admire that. :) I've seen many interviews within a month of NOA2, or just thereafter. So, at least there's hope!

Steph, I do hope it's sooner for you as well!

JeroenandMichelle... I do think it will be sooner than that for you too! ;)

I do wish CSC would take some cues from Vermont. It's unfair and nothing frustrates me more. I hope you all have written your representatives if only to note the disparity between the service centers. You'd think they would know..but they really dont. It needs a voice and who best to do it than all of you?

Well i've been waiting around here for 7 months just to be able to file and this after having lived together for 2 years! I know it may not help now but I can tell you that the time does go fast. Keep your heads up over here! Soon this part will all be a distant memory ...and a great reminder of why you should never take each other for granted! ;) I'm over here routing for you!

timeline.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Like you I want my SO to be here as soon as possible. If July - fantastic, if August - ok that's my expectation, if September - not pleased, if October - downright pissed.

I kinda think that either I am a pessimist or you're pretty optimistic... I kinda still think I am looking at a september/october POE...

but, like ppl say a lot over here... let's just hope it all speeds up, rather sooner than later ^^

Well maybe it's better to be a pessimist, that way if it goes faster than you think, you're not disappointed! ;)

I'm hoping for a August/september POE. But in my mind I really hope that's going to be earlier!

At the same time, I can't stop thinking "What if we're one of the leftovers? one of the files that takes a 8 months instead of 4 at CSC?" and that's really getting on my nerves sometimes.

Rachel, i'm sorry you're in hormone hell. It's tough stuff. I always just try to remember that 'this too shall pass'. I hope it does for you soon! smile.gif

Oh yeah that happens to me too. Luckily it's only for a few days. you'll feel better soon Rachel!

Edited by Cecile and Bryan

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

A little optimism is fine, just not too much - the party is great but the hangover sucks. Then again, while it is true that pessimists are never disappointed, who want's to be like that.

My momma taught me "moderation in all things." Still, I think that we're in the August/September time frame vs September/October..... :yes:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

I'm not always a pessimist tho... but with things like this I just think of the worst and hope for the best... Even tho I still think a sept/oct timeframe will probably be the one, I am already telling my SO to get the stuff ready which she has to send to me after we get the NOA2 lol

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Timeline

Man oh man let's hope CSC starts getting their act together starting this coming week!!! I hope to see 5 or more approvals this week come onnnnn CSC that is do-able!!!!

What does everyone have planned this Sunday? I am heading out to my friends first baby shower. Then when I get home it is laundry and cleaning time! Fun fun aye?

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Timeline

Cleaning and laundey already done here. Now I wonder what I'm going to do.

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline
Cleaning and laundey already done here. Now I wonder what I'm going to do.

Ha you can come here and do mine of course!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Timeline

Ahah if I come back to the States that won't be to do your cleaning ;) And I'm lazy! I only do mine because I have to. There was pieces of hair everywhere on the floor.... :S

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.