BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Thanks, bevs! I hope that means good news for our poor stragglers, too!

Some people don't know when to leave a party...

Sunny time to go :thumbs:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I believe I've posted the ring twice before - once here and once in Off Topic - but if no one objects I can certainly post it again. ;)

tension.jpg

It's titanium and chunky, which suits me and my style really well. :) Soo light and comfortable to wear - feels very natural on my finger. I hope yours does, too!

Blue and purple are my favourite colours, especially for jewellery!

Ooh yes I remember that one now and i love it! I was looking at one really similar in fact!!! Gorgeous! We are looking at titanium for Gareth :)

i was checking the time processing time of CSC now they ae working on JAN. 17 . well hope they work for real. so we will able to have more NOA2 next week. good luck to all.

Yeah hope that means they finally finish up ours!!!!!! :wacko:

Sunny - was that a touch from a phone call you made or was that one done all on its own. I've read that you'll often get a system generated touch from a phone call that occurs when they check your file. But, and I think this is my own speculation, if it is a touch generated outside the phone call then that's a good sign that it comes from an actual human being.

I honestly think it is just from my phone call yesterday :( It seems every time I have called it has generated 2 touches....so yeah I got a touch yesterday the day I called and then again today (prob as they put it back bottom of a pile!) :unsure: I sure hope and pray as always though that it is them actually working on our case!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline
[

Sunny - was that a touch from a phone call you made or was that one done all on its own. I've read that you'll often get a system generated touch from a phone call that occurs when they check your file. But, and I think this is my own speculation, if it is a touch generated outside the phone call then that's a good sign that it comes from an actual human being.

I honestly think it is just from my phone call yesterday :( It seems every time I have called it has generated 2 touches....so yeah I got a touch yesterday the day I called and then again today (prob as they put it back bottom of a pile!) :unsure: I sure hope and pray as always though that it is them actually working on our case!!!

I'm really rooting for you two, and all joking aside, this has got to be very difficult. When your approval does come through, you should both recognize how much you've earned it and how special you two really are. Keep the faith, it'll happen! :thumbs:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline
[

I'm really rooting for you two, and all joking aside, this has got to be very difficult. When your approval does come through, you should both recognize how much you've earned it and how special you two really are. Keep the faith, it'll happen! :thumbs:

Aww thanks Blake soo much! You guys have no idea how much you help me keep it together somedays! And believe me there is going to be major celebrating when we get approval and even more so once he is actually here in my arms!!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So sorry to see how long you are having to wait on your NOA2. It does not make sense, it doesn't take this long to do security/background checks. Hang in there, I know it is hard. Someone told me when I start this whole process to take it day by day and focus on the end result because the process can be so overwhelming. Good luck and Best Wishes!!

Met online August 6, 2007

Met in person November 7, 2007

Engaged November 10, 2007

Submitted petition December 27, 2007

NOA1, January 4, 2008

NOA2, May 9, 2008

Petition leaves NVC, May 19, 2008

Received Packet 3 from Embassy, June 7, 2008

Mailed Packet 3, July 1, 2008

Medical July 18, 2008

Interview July 25, 2008 - Approved!

Moving date September 10, 2008

Wedding October 18, 2008

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP November 6, 2008

AOS, EAD and AP delivered November 9, 2008

Check cashed November 19, 2008

Biometrics December 18, 2008

Green Card received March 31, 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!

Timeline
Aww thanks Blake soo much! You guys have no idea how much you help me keep it together somedays! And believe me there is going to be major celebrating when we get approval and even more so once he is actually here in my arms!!!!

You're only a couple hour drive away, sunny, I imagine I'll hear the Yahoooooos coming from accross the lake long before I read about your approval here. I hope everyone is having a fun sunday!

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline

You're only a couple hour drive away, sunny, I imagine I'll hear the Yahoooooos coming from accross the lake long before I read about your approval here. I hope everyone is having a fun sunday!

LOL yeah Blake! We are planning many a trip to Chicago as well since Gareth is a huge Blackhawks fan and well Chicago is a cool city ;) He is dying to go to the outside game between Blackhawks and Redwings that is supposed to happen in January. I told him if he would get his bum over here we might just get to go! Hahaha!

I am heading to my sisters tonight for dinner and for cousin and sisterly bonding haha. Went to our towns Bike time weekend happenings past two days which was way fun. Not sure if I have ever shared my link to my online photo site but here it is if anyone is bored and wants to see more of my life...

Steph's Photos Online

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys,

apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere (i'm sure it has but navigating around this beast of site is pretty daunting given that I just registered 5 minutes ago!) but i've got a CSC/NVC question.

In a nutshell myself (in the UK) and my Fiancee (in California, US) filed for the K-1 I-129F visa back in early January of this year. On the 31st May I had e-mail notification that it had been approved (hooray!) and within a few days my Fiancee received a letter through the post confirming this and informing us that it would be forwarded on to the NVC within "2-4 weeks".

Clearly it's been longer than 2-4 weeks so we called the NVC on Friday (18th July) and they informed us that they have yet to receive anything from the CSC which is a little frustrating.

I was wondering if this is unusual and whether others are experiencing these kind of delays? Also, was the original quote of 2-4 weeks unreliable anyway and not to be taken so literally?

Would it be worth getting in touch with the CSC and if so would anybody have any helpful contact details....... or would you advise that I simply wait for another few weeks and then call the NVC again?

Any friendly advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Alex

@Alex: Welcome to the site ^^

As for what you wrote, I have seen it happen before but it is not very common for it to happen, most of the time it just takes a couple of days for it to arrive at the NVC. If I was you, I would call CSC right away and see whatt hey have to say.

@Steph: Nice looking pics you got on that site, hope you could've send your mind away a bit from the whole visa process. Hopefully this week will be your week :)

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Timeline
@Steph: Nice looking pics you got on that site, hope you could've send your mind away a bit from the whole visa process. Hopefully this week will be your week :)

Thanks yeah every week I am hoping it is OUR week hahaha! :whistle::crying: gosh I cannot wait to get that dang approval....sigh....

Today I am getting a manicure cause well I deserve it! haha

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

:thumbs: Good for you, sunny!

I love your photos - your daughter looks so like you! She even smiles in the same manner. :D

Alex - such a long delay is certainly not normal. CSC does take a little while longer than VSC to ship petitions to the NVC but even so 2-4 weeks is more normal, not 7-8. I'll echo Jeroen and recommend that you ring CSC as soon as possible. BTW, congrats on having an awesome name. ;)

Well, I must confess that I missed the internet this weekend. I texted Alex constantly until twitter told me I had reached my limit (I text him through twitter so as to only pay local text costs and not international text costs :whistle: ). He's also feeling lonely in his new apartment. I'm beginning to regret setting a wedding date in late December and I'm leaning towards flying out early in October, which would be the earliest feasible date, regardless of cost. Blake, you were right!

However, lack of internet aside, it is so lovely to be at my friend's house. She's already left - she left Friday - and it is just me and her cat. I am allergic to him but as long as I remember to shut my bedroom door and wash the bedcovers regularly I shall be fine. I spent most of the weekend thoroughly cleaning her house and doing laundry. My boxes were rather taking over her living room so I've piled them up in the corners and artfully disguised them with throws so as to make them less obtrusive. Now I have six weeks of no longer worrying about being too quiet, or too noisy, or having to share the internet, or wondering whose food is whose, or feeling that I am in everyone's way. :dance:

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Just a quick post here because I think Cécile's interview is today! :)

All my thoughts are with you today, and I cannot wait to see your new post, to let us know your update!! ;)

I am afraid to wish you good luck.....so I am just hoping great things for you! (F)

Ooh! Good luck Cecile!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

good luck Cécile!! Hope you do well :D

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: Timeline

I seem to love making these types of posts:

Blake -- I'm happy to hear that Olga is safe and with people she trusts. That ex of hers sounds horrible. :/ Those 54 days will fly by and you two will be reunited once again. :D

Sunny -- Your ring is absolutely beautiful. I'm really crossing my fingers, though, that USCIS will stop dicking you and Gareth around and issue the NOA2 already.

Guster4lovers -- Congratulations on your visa! Though since it's past Sunday, I'm sure you're spending a lot of time with your fiance, instead of checking up on the internet. ;) Hope you two have a fantastic life together.

Rachel -- Of course I caught where your avatar is from, as I am such a huge fan of that series [i actually had jury duty yesterday and brought those games with me to the courthouse. :x]. The picture you posted of your ring is quite beautiful. Congratulations, too, on having a place to yourself for the next few weeks. :)

Cecile -- I hope you'll be able to show us pictures of your dress soon [i'm sure finding a veil will be the easiest part of the dress-process], and that the rest of your packing goes seamlessly. Wishing you the greatest of luck on your interview today, darling!

The only doom that's looming is you loving me to death,

So I'll give you a sec to catch your breath.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.